1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft live right now -- come join us!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[ClutchFans] This is everything I've heard on trades...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 15, 2009.

1. hollywoodo

hollywoodo Member

on a side note, i think salmons would have been a good trade...although i dont think sac wanted artest back.

2. eman

eman Contributing Member

I am sick of checking the BBS for breaking news every five minutes. Please, DM, do something good (Hinrich)-- tonight, or already!

3. milkshake

milkshake Member

Kings trade Miller and Salmons to Bulls

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...F?slug=aw-tradebuzz021709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

4. scolapower09

scolapower09 Member

first off hello everyone im very excited to join this forum.

now for this trade deadline... i was wanting the vc trade to happen and now i hear about the baron davis thing. now what i dont get is even on espn.com they have boths rumors on their rumor mills yet on tv when their insiders are asked about trades or rockets they say there is nothing goin on. so i say either something big is about to happen tomarrow and dm is keeping it quiet or nothing is goin to happen and our team will just coast into 2010 like every other team.

i personally would like to see the rockets trade rafer b/c i think brooks is good enough to lead the team. (i only say that b/c we have yao) i think we could trade rafer to orlando for someone like hedo or reddick... or to portland for travis outlaw and lafrenz (SP). then if at all possible trade tmac. all that tmac has to do is pass a physical and from what is sounds according to the team drs. his knee is fine, so he would probably pass.

5. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

Way to come out swinging... a couple things though. One, there is no way that the Magic would trade Hedo Turkoglu for Rafer Alston. Two, I am guessing(I did not look it up)that the salaries would not match up on any of the trades you discussed.

6. scolapower09

scolapower09 Member

yeah i didnt know the salaries either i was just generally speaking of what could be good trades. like the core would involve rafer and hedo and then whoever else to make the trade work. sorry, lol ill work on making my posts a lil more clear.

7. ArgentinaSlayer

We're talking about Daryl Morey here. He has an assortment of stats and doesn't make trades based on his fantasy basketball team and videogames. He will not trade for Baron Davis or Corey Maggette or Vince Carter or Amare Stoudamire. We are fine with Alston at PG. He's been sensational lately and plays well without McGrady. His chemistry with Scola is a sight to see.

God I can't wait till this deadline is over.

8. worzel gummidge

http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/13653310

9. TManiAC

TManiAC Member

Houston Sends:
    Tracy McGrady
    Ron Artest
    Carl Landry
    Luther Head
    Rights to Lior Eliyahu or 2nd Rounder

Houston Receives:
    Vince Carter
    Mike Miller
    Josh Boone
    Jason Collins

------

New Jersey Sends:

Vince Carter
    Bobby Simmons
    Josh Boone

New Jersey Receives:
    Tracy McGrady
    Ron Artest

------

Minnesota Sends:
    Mike Miller
    Jason Collins

Minnesota Receives:
    Bobby Simmons
    Carl Landry
    Luther Head
    Rights to Lior Eliyahu

10. Rox_Hugh

Rox_Hugh Member

It·s a good idea . I agree with you .
    Morey, do it !

11. Rox_Hugh

Rox_Hugh Member

But it`s a little unfair for Minnesota . How about giving them Wafer for fair? And I would rather send AT instead of Landry.

12. kept2aminimum

kept2aminimum Member

13. sphinxwt

sphinxwt New Member

Ron never really fit in the Rockets. So he is tradable

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Maggette.....we could really use an efficient player like him on this team.

DD

15. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Say NO to Maggette. He would be a lot worse for the team. He would stop ANY ball movement we would have. And that is what we need as a team.

16. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

I love these realistic trade proposals ....

17. Guru

Guru Member

This is probably the only time I have ever agreed with your opinion. :D

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't buy it. A good coach can get a hell of a lot out of him. Its simple as this, the Spurs targeted him this summer. Thats enough for me. At this point getting rid of McGrady is a win-win.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Man,

I don't get why people do not like Maggette, there is a difference between being a ball stopper, and a finisher.

Corey is a finisher...at a nearly ELITE level for a SG.

He moves well off the ball, he takes on contact, he gets to the FT line and scores there, he shoots a very high percentage, he plays adequate defense.

His contract is less than HALF of Tmac's yet he is a much more productive player.

And, the SPURS FRIGGEN WANTED HIM....what should that tell people?

I may be out on an island regarding Maggette, but that Island is stocked with hot honey's tons of BBQ, and good beer and wine.

Maggette would be perfect for this team....we have not had an elite, efficient scorer at the SG position since Clyde.

And why is it called SHOOTING GUARD again????? Oh yeah, because the guy is supposed to SHOOT !!!

What a change of pace for us that the guy at that position would actually not just be able to shoot....but FINISH for a change.

Maggette is RIGHT.......

You are clearly starting to grow in intellect and basketball savvy.

;)

DD

20. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I rather Artest than Maggette