1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wednesday, Feburary 18th 2009 - the calm before the STORM!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsFan11, Feb 18, 2009.

1. RocketsFan11

RocketsFan11 Member

I have a feeling tomorrow the Rockets roster will be much different.

Morey is such a crafty GM he's going to pull a rabbit out of a hat somewhere!

There have been so many names/rumors flying around the past few days, and today has been relatively quiet... but like my title says.

I think today is the calm before the STORM tomorrow when a blockbuster deal goes down!

Anyone else have this feeling?

2. blacktopKING

blacktopKING Member

I pray and hope that something gets done that will improve the team even if it is a minor move. I would prefer to pick up a pg that will help facilitate (Duhon, Felton, etc.) and possibly a shooter.

3. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

No, I don't think a blockbuster trade will go down.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

If anything happens it will be Landry moving for some other bit player, imo.

I seriously doubt that a deal will be done at all now.

5. Matt Maloney

Matt Maloney Member

i think the best deal that they can make is keeping t-mac off the court for right now. the teams chemistry seems more intact without him. but for next year, i would love to see healthy t-mac back in charge, even if we have to part with artest.

6. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Nothing will happen.
    Maybe something very small invlolving Luther Head.
    There's only a 20% chance Artest will be traded according to ESPN, and he would have to be included in a deal for something significant.
    Plus, McGrady can't be dealt, so I wouldn't expect much to happen.

7. kept2aminimum

kept2aminimum Member

Something is bound to happen Morey just wont sit there. He is a crafty man and like all of us know its time for the magician to show is his next trick. Hopefully on Friday night we will see Vince dunking on Dampier!!!!!

8. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

i doubt anything significant will happen

9. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

We'd have to give up Artest, landry, head, and battier.
    Ridiculous trade in my opinion.

10. opticon

opticon Member

I have a feeling morey up to someting with landry, not leting him return to the game made me wonder.

11. Rocketman2000

Rocketman2000 Contributing Member

I predict Luther Head for a future conditional 1st rounder.

12. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Tmac is out of this season. The rockets won't be considered as a contender anymore. No star player would want to be here. And, other teams know what the rockets really need now, they would ask for high price, just like the nets.

If the rockets make a move, it would be only for the future or box office.

13. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

I think at the most we would lose around 4 players. In actuality I think we will probably only move 3 players and bring in 2-4 players. We shall see in the next 24 hours.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I have a feeling that you're going to be greatly disappointed tomorrow. I don't see anything being done at this point. With McGrady out, I can't imagine a scenario where they'd trade Artest.

15. kept2aminimum

kept2aminimum Member

Its a combination of those 3 players and being that Morey is so high on Battier I doubt he goes but we need a star player and much more a closer and I dont think either Yao Ming or Ron Artest got that at least with Vince we get some type of closer who will drive to the basket!!!

16. Air Bullard

Air Bullard Member

If any trade gets done I have a feeling it will involve Mike Miller. He is the one who has been talked about the least, which seems to go along with Morey's M.O. That being said, with Tmac more than likely out for the season, I really dont see a significant trade going down, although Head for cash or a draft pick would definitely brighten my day.

17. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Nothing major only minor

18. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

If Spurs get Jefferson we are in trouble. Why in the hell did Morey go after Carter instead of Jefferson? I would much rather have Jefferson on this team.

19. joesr

joesr Member

nope in fact if tmac is done for the season i hope nothing changes if that means he doesnt come back and his 23 mil next is very valuable

20. jwayne

jwayne Member

Ive been kind of all over the place with my thinking. I have a gut feeling that IF a trade happens, it will be a minor "piece to the puzzle" type deal involving Head or Landry... maybe Dorsey is thrown in or something...

Yao can give us 20-25 pg... Artest can give us 15-20 pg consistently. We need another rebounder or someone to consistently give us10-12 pg. Mike Miller in a reserve role as a spot up shooter can give us 10 pg. Von Wafer is emergin as a consistently good player. He isnt great but he IS shifty and quick. He does have another gear and gets to the rim and finishes or is fouled. I like our team right now. Another piece may be nice but if it doesnt happen... Im still going to enjoy going to TC every home game to watch them play.