1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

With Tracy out now, which is the best way to go?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Feb 18, 2009.

?

Which scenario would you go with?

1. Scenario A

258 vote(s)
    78.4%
  2. Scenario B

71 vote(s)
    21.6%
  1. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

only go for vc if we get to keep battier, giving up both battier and artest is silly and irrational. nj knows that, but you have to start high.

2. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

I go with B if its not for Shane and if we can still get Boone in the trade too.

3. tmacattack131

tmacattack131 Member

I think the best case scenario for the rockets right now is to stick with the team they have. Get Wafer some playoff experience. I'm very confident that this team has enough talent to beat anyone out west except the lakers (even without t-mac).

As for this offseason I would resign artest to about 40mil/4years or somewhere along those lines. As for t-mac, its pretty much safe to say mcgrady will be giving 100% effort to return in superstar form because next year it will be a contract year. The best possible outcome of all this would be a championship in 2010 with a healthy lineup. If mcgrady is done well then his contract is off the books and rockets now have cap space to sign a major free agent all while staying competitive the whole time. Rockets can even continue being championship contenders after signing a major free agent assuming we still have yao and our current roster.

4. HitenK7

HitenK7 Member

Personally, I was going to choose B with of the initial deal with Artest, Landry (though I would hate to lose him), and Head. But now Battier will be potentially added for this deal to go down? What a pain. Rockets might as well just stick with their current roster.

5. stroker

stroker Member

How can the Rockets NOT include Battier to make the trade work to match the salaries of both parties?

6. superx

superx Member

Mcgrady's four years experence in HOU was proved totally a failure,so i don't see any reason we should bring back a player that similar to Mcgrady,don't make a mistake twice.

7. blender

blender Member

The question for me is, Does Artest want to stick around after this year? Is he really going to give 100% this season and beyond? If so, I'd want the team to keep him.

But all the rumors and reports seem to hint this isn't the case.

8. superx

superx Member

Never doubt his passion and desire for the win,when he stand on the court,he'll try his best.We need such a guy in the team.

9. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

Hate to tell you this but if he has micro-fracture surgery, T-Mac won't be playing next year either. Which means he probably won't wear a Rockets uniform again.

10. lucaslee

lucaslee Member

11. zazahan

zazahan Contributing Member

Agreed.

12. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

Stay put unless a good offer comes along.

With the distractions surrounding T-mac out of the way, I believe the team will rally and become a stronger and closer unit. We will still have the odd games where we cannot beat a cellar dweller for the life of me but come play-off time, I think we can beat anybody.

13. ztmnb

ztmnb New Member

I vote for A.
    I think without tracy's spoiling of chemical reaction in the team, they can go further in the post season

14. McRaggize

McRaggize Member

No trade, just go ahead

15. xin0615

xin0615 New Member

we neeeeeeeeeeeed Ron!!! The heart and desire!

16. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Ugh, I've been back and forth on this issue for like a week now, and now with Tracy (maybe) making the decision to shut it down for the season, it's become even more complicated.

On one hand, maybe the Rockets will begin to rally around each other and become that "Team" we've been waiting for this entire season.

But on the other hand, Ron Artest is really inconsistent. Do we really want to rely on him for points if the team starts to struggle.

Either way, I trust Morey's decision.

17. GoGo_Yao

GoGo_Yao New Member

I voted for A.

umm... I like Shawn, I like Carl

Though VC is playing a wonderful season.

But I think we lose more than we get follow this trade.

18. dexkk

dexkk Member

with Tmac competely out, it's not like getting us VC is going to win us a championship. No need to rush and take on his horrific contract so that we can maybe get out of first round. Even without VC, with the current lineup, I think we have just as good of a chance to get to 2nd round.

Also, when you trade away Artest and Landry, not only are you losing a good defender and a young prospect, you're making the SF position really weak. Berry cannot log 25min a game for us, he's too old and his defense is suspect.

19. Yaoterminator

Yaoterminator Member

Now I actually believe that we need VC because we lost the go-to guy.

Yao is not the right guy to go to in clutch minutes due to his size. Artest doesn't have enough methods to score except using his weight to go to the lane. Vince Carter has proved that he can beat the buzzer and turn things around with either dribble or jumper. That is all the more crucial in the play-offs.

20. Mornin'Call

Mornin'Call Member