1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vince Carter for Tracy McGrady rumor??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by matac3, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Houston09

Houston09 Member

Trade shemac and keep artest. i dont care if you get a bag of penuts back just keep artest.

2. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

....ESPN is also reporting this today in the Insider section:

...clearly the Tmac for Carter thing is just a proposal just like the Artest/Landry/Head one for Carter. I wouldn't get too excited about Tmac leaving just yet.

...and to everyone mentioning clearing cap space in 2010, trust me - we won't win that race. We have zero shot at one of the few superstars in 2010 and the lesser players will probably be overpaid at that point too from teams with lots of cash left over who lost out on the Lebrons and Wades. Morey himself said he is looking to see what type of value he can shake out from teams desperately trying to get cap space in 2010. Seems like a situation exists where the 2010 draft class is overvalued in that the value of existing players under contract is being undervalued comparatively.

3. Asian Sensation

1) Vince will be the cure to Tmac's pain.
    2) Carter hasn't been on a winning team in 4 years and he didn't make the playoffs last year yet he seemed fine when it came to staying motivated and doing his part on a horrendous team.

4. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

I read that as well, but I am really hoping that it is Vince for T-Mac rather Vince for artest. Though it is unlikely I would really prefer keeping artest rather than T-Mac. T-Mac is basically what Lidge was for the astros, I think he needs a new start somewhere else. Wait let me not go that far, because I really can't see T-Mac performing like he use to anymore. I just don't think he is motivated anymore. If he is traded he can either become extremely motivated or his career come to a close. Right now I think his career is headed in the wrong direction.

5. matac3

matac3 Member

DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY TMAC WHY!!!!!!!

6. caffreys_irish_ale

caffreys_irish_ale Contributing Member

Yi and Yao, now that would be interesting.

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I rather do VC for Artest and he is why. T-Mac has the very important 2010 expiring contract. If we hold on to him until the summer or next season, many teams will be lining up to make a deal for that golden contract. With Artest, he may bolt after this season. At least by trading him, you get something in return instead of losing him for nothing. We hold on the T-Mac's contract and we'll get better deals than a Vince Carter trade.

8. worzel gummidge

A year from now, what kind of contracts will be available, that teams will be looking to dump? ...Vince Carter.

9. onreego

onreego Member

Hassell use to be known for his defense I believe, kind of like a poor man's Artest. His contract expires next season which is a player option. The approval of this trade by most of the board is due to the assumption that Tracy would be taken off our hands and we'll have his cousin, who is just as injury prone,but less so at the current moment, with a longer contract. What most are hoping for is less drama and more production from the position that seems to be questionable every other week.

10. GOAT

GOAT Member

in a perfect Rockets world this is trade that would help us this year...we would have to give up Landry still but it would be moving tracy instead of ron

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d8e8kd

so starting lineup

Rafer, Dooling, Barry
    Vince, Wafer, Barry, Hassell
    Shane, Ron, Hassell
    Scola, Boone, Hayes
    Yao, Boone, Deke

The nets would be getting 2 young players and an expiring deal for 2010...the only problem would be has ron pushed his way out of houston already?

11. matac3

matac3 Member

Does anyone remember how Tmac and Vc got along when they played together with the Raptors?

Im interested to see if maybe tmac will want to play and step up if someone like Vince was in the line up

12. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I rather trade Tmac than Artest. Plzzzzz trade Tmac...........

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

They were also exceptionally lazy and apathetic after losses, resulting in a severe dressing-down in the locker room from Antonio Davis.

Granted, they were much younger then, and probably neither wanted to be in Toronto, which made them act even more juvenile. But still.

14. explode211981

explode211981 Contributing Member

15. tsunami

tsunami Member

you are clean enough already ....

16. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

This would be a terrible deal. Trading Artest and keeping McGrady atleast allows you to retool next year by trading McGrady. This proposed scenario not only kills your future financial flexibility, but also relinquishes your only trade bait to improve in the future. It's the worst of both worlds for a marginal improvement this year.

17. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Huh?

What if we turned and flipped Artest? yeah, it would be completely retooling this year, but with the markets down as they are and owners selling players like stocks, this might be the time to buy low.

18. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

i think as we get closer to 2010 two things will happen: 1) most teams will realize they have no chance at getting the legitimate superstars, and 2) some of the players that teams are chasing will sign pre-emptive contract extensions with their current teams. the combination of these two things will decrease the value of contracts expiring in 2010.

morey has to wait for people to actually want tracy's contract - and right now i dont think anyone wants it. BUT, if he waits too long then it is likely to be worth even less than its worth today.

19. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

I remember someone recently on CF's saying that the Rockets need more players with headbands and fo hawks to be winners. I think the suggestion is being taken in by management.

20. Pocket Rockets

no it really doesn't kill ourselves financially, alston comes off the cap, battier too, and carters contract is only 14-15mil....plus he becomes the golden ticket if mia does a sign and trade with wade for carter and others....