1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I guess there are other pg's in the league

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by leebigez, Apr 30, 2002.

1. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I support them, but that doesn't man I have to be blind Sane. Like saying if we get Odom, he should back Rice up is some of the craziest stuff . Its just about being real and looking through and seeing what or how the team can be successful. I listen to people on this board talk about Mo Taylor and Glen Rice like they're even in the top 15 in thier own positions, yet they were going to somehow make this team a playoff bound team. Sometimes the truth hurts. I want them to succeed just as much as the next man, but giving the way they play defense and offense, how can one expect different?

45 wins or not, we were in the lottery and thats all people will remember around the bubble. Just like hen the braves beat out the giants even though they won a 100 games. This team needs talent upgrade and all i did was start a thread about other people, the ones without league pass, finally get a chance up close at watching the other pg's in the league. Someone jumps on and talk about Francis athletic ability and all this and that. All I'm saying is if he is or was so great along with his running buddy, we should have been at least as good as the clipps or even the sonics or utah. In case you're to young to remember, Hakeem played with the like of world b free,purvis short,granville waters,derrick cheivous ,dirk minnifield to name a few, but we still at least made the playoffs. Show me a a team that suppose to have 2 all star caliber players not make the playoffs and i'll show you a underacheiving team.

2. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

Everybody who plays in the East should be discounted to an extent, and who in the hell doesn't devalue Kobe because he plays with Shaq?

Just so you're aware, and this would have involved reading my post in its entirity, I was making a general point about how one should look at players from the eastern conference, not 'why Baron Davis isn't good', or any variation similar to that....

And I wish you would stop trying to prove immaterial arguments that only serve to deride Rockets players....I hope you see the inaneness in that.

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

4. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Just for the heck of it, comparing the games played between eastern conference and western conference team the score is:

The western conference 232 wins
    The eastern conference 188 wins

The Hornets were 13-15 against the west this season and 9-19 against the west last season.

The Rockets were 25-5 against the east last season when they didn't have so many injuries.

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

we won 45 games a season ago with a healthy team in the much tougher west. no we didn't make the playoffs, but would have in the east. on top of that, playing in the east would have no doubt increased our win total as we absolutely tore them apart. there is no way that baron is on a whole different level than steve. they're very similar, maybe as equal as 2 stars can be, but baron has had the advantage of proving himself in the playoffs. he's been on the right team in the right conference. if draft positions were changed and steve was in charlotte, would the hornets fate be any different? probably not.

6. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Steve isn't Hakeem; good big men are always better than good little men. Besides, Steve was hurt for part of the year and he also had migraines for a good part of the year. I don't have migraines, but I've heard they suck.

You've been dissing Steve all year long; we know you don't like him, cool.

As for stats and triple doubles, I do remember Steve taking himself out of a game(in his rookie year) when he was one rebound away from a triple double. He flat out didn't/doesn't care about stats. He's come close to a "triple double" several times this year.

7. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

Davis' numbers are very similar in games in and out of his conference.

Davis numbers