1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

According to Team Doctors: TMAC need's microfracture surgery

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nasheb, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Tom Clendan (Rockets team doctor) and James Andrews (who gave the second opinion earlier in the season) are two of the more respected experts in this field and treat numerous atheletes others than those on the Rockets. I doubt they choose to be wrong specifically when Rockets players are involved.

Yao's situation was not like this last season... Initially, I remember everyone just thought it was just normal pain... then they diagnozed it right after additonal tests (MRI, etc) were done. With TMac, he's been through test after test..

Who knows, but my money is on the doctors having been right.

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

So much for T-Mac's oscar worthy performances this season. This bleep is real.

3. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

I hope they're right. So who is telling mcgrady he needs surgery?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1drP8nGk-7U/R8WPNNnpIdI/AAAAAAAAAQQ/AvSysGkuDTo/s320/Dr+Nick+riviera.jpg

???

#83 jVgOwnsYou, Feb 14, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  4. Carl Herrera

Somebody who stands to benefit if McGrady sits. Somebody who gets more shots and tend to perform better when McGrady sits. Somebody who is competitive and willing to play a little dirty and underhanded. Somebody who has a tough, NYC attitude.

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

The best we can eventually hope for from this situation is that we can trade tmac's expiring contract next year to a team that wants cap relief and that can give us some good players in return so we can remain competitive. Hopefully, it'll be tmac for sjax, crawford, & randolph.

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

*IF* this is true then I don't see it as being bad for the team. In his current condition McGrady is a liability on both ends of the court while being a distraction in the locker room by coming in and out of the lineup. This way the team knows what is has and does not have and can prepare accordingly. His expiring contract was the only thing worth value anyway so it won't affect teams wanting to deal with him over the summer or next year.

I feel bad for Tracy if this turns out to be true but it is the second best thing for the Rockets (the first being McGrady comes back 100% and focused and that has been unlikely for a while).

7. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Please explain to me how Battier's health at any point his how Rocket's career has ever had an impact on McGradys health? Battier's absence has no bearing on what is or is not missing from Tracys knee or his tolerance for playing on it. You do realize Tracy just came out saying the MRI looked the same pre-surgery as it did post-surgery, right? If Tracy has missing cartilage no amoun of rest is going to resolve that.

Some of the stuff I read on here amazes me.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If true, I wonder why the Rockets chose to keep it secret. I guess they thought it could negatively impact their trade talks (you don't want the other team thinking you're desperate).

Tough break.

9. YugoRocketsFan

My 3rd great uncle from my mom's side knows T-Mac's brother and T-Mac's brother said that T-Mac will be using a prosthetic leg starting March 2nd, and rumor has it that the prosthetic leg have blubber on the bottom of it which will make T-Mac able enough to dunk on 15 foot rims.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think the Rockets and their doctors do not believe he needs it.....it is just a different diagnosis.

DD

11. Carl Herrera

Well, teams make players take physicals before trades are finalized. So no point in hiding this if they want to trade McGrady.

On the other hand, if they are intended on trading other guys, they may not want teams to know what they might be thinking in light of McGrady's health.

12. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

What amazes me is that the doctors have said since the beginning of the season...."this is an injury that can not worsen and will only get better by playing."

How do you go from saying that to now saying that mcgrady needs microfracture surgery? According to the OP, its the team doctors who are saying mcgrady needs the surgery.

13. durvasa

Yeah, that's why I meant. It could adversely impact trades involving other players.

And the JCF mentioned in twitter that he's preparing himself for big changes, we all assumed he was talking about an imminent trade. Maybe its this.

14. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

tracy was obviously not ready in preseason as he was still limping majorly.

shane was expected to play the start of the season but he rehabbed his injury wrong and thus stayed out longer. tracy and the team felt he needed to play if the team is off to a decent start. and he limped his way all throughout that period.

when you're not fully healthy, you sit. he should have sat out like battier did at least. maybe he did more damage to the knee by playing. we don't know.

15. BornRedIn87

BornRedIn87 Member

Everyday there is a new thread about the situation with Tmac.
    After drinking heavily on this "Single Awareness Day(SAD)" I have found the answer we are all searching for.

We do not know anything about the Tmac situation and we are all doing our best TMAC/DOCTOR/MOREY impression.

And sadly, were doing a good job. Because we all know just about as much as they do.

16. Carl Herrera

JCF said that?

Maybe we are trading JCF?

17. Koncept_Rocket

18. durvasa

He said: "Bracing myself for the winds of change (basketball version, not the Scorpions' kind)."

19. JKillaD23

JKillaD23 Member

LOL i love these types of threads :D . I think one day I'll make a thread saying that my friend is Steve Francis' trainer and he told me that the Rockets are going 2 sign him because steve is back to his old rookie self but more mature. :D :D

20. leonking

leonking Rookie

Yes, more drama please!

When will Tmac come out and say he is ok and will play next week?