1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T.Boone has a plan, why cant BigEz?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by leebigez, Feb 14, 2009.

1. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

That's right, the BigEz plan to rebuild this team and fanbase with hope for a ring. This plan like most calls for drastic changes and thoughts, but the results will be better than waiting around hoping someone falls in our lap. The end result wil be 5 man basketball.

The first thing BigEz is going to do is call the big fella in and tell him a couple things. The first thing is, if you take all the money in 2010, we won't have any money left to give you a great supporting cast. It would be better to take enough like tom brady vs taking it all like garnett in minny. The next thing I'm telling yao is he needs to get rest from summer ball and build his core to take the pounding and the misssed grabs and clinches by the refs. Finally, I need the big fella to shoot and practice enough from 15 feet so we can open the baseline up. Also I need him to really study the offense and learn the angles and cuts to anticipate passes. After that I can now, I'm ready to build around Yao.

Since I'm giving Yao 4 yrs or so, its reasonable to think he will decline some, so I need a bunch of young players with production now and still have upside. I don't want any starter over the age of 26. Now I've established my parameters, here we go.

Trade Tracy for Luol Deng. The bulls after this season will still be under the cap enough that we can send back more than we take back. Paxson stepping down and the tean struggling are key factors. Loul is a great mid range shooter. He moves well without the ball, good ft shooter, long,smart and pretty athletic. He would fit very well rub cutting,flaring off, and all the other things associated with Adelmans offense.

Trade Scola and head for Charlie V. I like Scolas production and I think he's a good player, but the pf next to Yao needs to be a tall rangy type or a camby type. Charlie fits that profile or rangy type. He's a 3/4 type that can handle,shoot,post a little rebound , just all around everything. He also fits the age requirement and other parameters I have set. He will force other teams 4's further away from Yao and he can beat people off the dribble. Sorry DD, scola must go.

Battier for Turiaf and Azubuike. I know everyone loves glue man, but again, we're building around a 30 yrd old Yao and need young athletic guys to make this thing work. Getting Azubuike to play the sg finishes the starting 5. He attacks the basket, can shoot,slash, rub, play pretty good defense. He hasn't turned 26 yet either. Turiaf is the 4/5 shotblocker on the bench. He plays hard, plays defense and is high energy good lockerrom guy.

Rafer for Dooling and williams. This is really just for depth as dooling is the backup pg and williams is the dump. NJ will want as much free money as possible, so Rafers 5m expiring has some value. He gets to go home and play behind Harris. This effectively is The Greyhound Theory.

Now I look at my squad and here is what I have.

Brooks
    Azubuike
    Deng
    Villanueva
    Yao

Bench
    Landry
    dooling
    Williams
    Turiaf
    I can pick up a Matt Barnes for lle. That still leaves the mle to split and pick up other quality bench players. Since the team is young, I'm looking for vets to come in and provide some guidance and fall back for the young guys.

Now I'm ready to roll with a versitile,athletic squad that will get better faster than Yao will decline. Also off the rebound, we have 4 guys that will run and push tempo . Once Yao catches up ad we run the offense, we have 4 guys that can move in motion and finish. All the starters are good ft shooters. The only max guy is Yao, but the others compliment him and will allow yao to be the leader. That's the BigEz plan. :D

2. IcemanErik

IcemanErik Member

Is that possible? I think this is a terrible idea.

3. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Brooks and Buike as the starting backcourt and Charlie V as the power forward? I am sorry but this should have been an idea from a newbie who got flamed by tinman as an "--- Only Fan" but not from a clutchfans veteran who has made 6000+ posts. C'mon you can do better than that, leebigez.

4. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

You forgot about Artest, have we already resigned him or traded him?

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Getting younger and more athletic sounds good to me. But that team looks an awful lot like a 40-45 win ball club.

I'm not sold on Luol Deng -- he hasn't improved much the last couple years, which is troubling.

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Lmao that's a lottery team right there. I'll pass.

7. durvasa

I tried to put some of those trade through the ESPN trade machine. I can't figure how we can trade Tracy for Deng, when there's over a 10 million dollar difference in salary. I can't imagine the Bulls would give up Deng and other players just for T-Mac.

8. Laozi

Laozi Member

This BigEz seems suspiciously like Isaiah Thomas

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Leeb must have been hitting the sauce.

DD

10. uchlha

uchlha Member

why isnt this garbage in the random trade thread

11. ibm

ibm Member

to the op - see, told you, it's easy when you do it on paper. :p

12. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

are you saying t. boone pickins should be our head coach and slowly wean us off of tmac like he wants to do with oil?

13. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

The sad thing is that the OP really thinks these are good ideas. I'm sincerely baffled of why the OP thinks he is a voice of reason as to what the Rockets should do with the roster, I've read him saying the same ideas and proposals over and over again, and I keep thinking "Is he really serious?" when I read them.

Daryl, your job is safe. Please ignore all of the OP's posts about trades and roster moves.

14. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Rape.

15. piggy

piggy Member

I totally agree with a conditional arrangement to re-sign Yao. No more year-round basketball for you sir, if you want max money. We want to see conditioning and strength training. We do not want to see regression from each last-season-breakthrough, early season fatigue or the fragility that comes with the inability to properly rest and heal. Love ya big guy, but that's a lot of moolah to invest in someone with competing loyalties.

Deng has been inconsistent this year, so Chicago might actually listen, but we would have to add filler to make the salaries work. I like what Luol does though, and he could be a good fit.

Do not trade Scola though. He'll be a decent starter then serviceable backup for years. Plus I like sticking it to the Spurs. ;)

I would really like to see if we could wind up with Monta "Scooter" Ellis. He's not happy in GS, and they're still salty about his off-season incident. Maybe GS would listen to a McGrady + filler and pick for Ellis/filler trade. They have this Anthony Randolph and this Brandon Wright that Don Nelson doesn't seem to want to play. The types of young, athletic and long players that we've been avoiding for too long.

I'm still confident that we can fix this whole thing...but there have to be fundamental changes, and some of that starts with how we protect our investment in our big guy.

16. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

That is a horrible team, I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

17. Kracka0476

Kracka0476 Member

Put the crack down and step away.......

18. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

LMAO. Now we all know you don't know anything about basketball. That team CANNOT compete in the WEST.

19. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

I hate to say this, it looks like a TMac fan's evil plan to destroy Yao and teh Rockets.

20. durvasa

BigEz, what's your opinion of that Artest+Scola for Boozer trade rumor? Should we be open to making a short-term deal like that, or do you think the focus should be getting young players for the long term?