1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Cassell Return

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by e-bull, May 1, 2002.

1. e-bull

e-bull Member

I know it's been talked about before, but I believe moving Franchise to the two would be most beneficial to the ROX. Philly didn't win until they let AI loose and brought in a true PG. Since Sam will most likely not be back in the Bucks shakeup, why not find a way to bring him in to be our PG. Milwaukee already has a 2 in Ray, so if we could move a contract and have Mobes as the 6th man(if he would do that...that's a lock for best 6th man in league). Just a thought.

2. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

No thanks. We don't need another guard that needs the ball in his hands.

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

If we draft Williams, convince Francis he is a 2, and make Cat the 6th man again, that would be awesome i think.

4. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

That wouldn't work either, Jason Williams is not a normal point. He and Steve are mirrors almost, both are scoring guards. Jason thinks, "I'll shoot first and maybe pass it if someone gets open under the basket while I'm still in the air cause, but that's if I need to"..........woooohhh Better scorer than Steve, but Franchise is a triple double waiting to happen. You can't beat that with a stick! We need to stop complaining about our point guard because no one else around the world does. Everyone admire Steve because what he brings to a team, he is the new age point guard. Sooner or later, the league will be filled with Stevie Franchise and Baron "b-Diddy" Davis because they are two guards in one. Small packages of EVERYTHING! I would trade him for the world...........................Well maybe a 28yr Hakeem

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Or, we can move Mobley to SF, Francis to SG and put Cassell at PG.

:p

6. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

I love the 3-guard linup. :p

:mad:

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

cassell's a true point guard?

i love sam and all but if we seriously moved steve to the two, i would hope we got someone who actually passes MORE.

same with jason williams.

8. TedRuxpin

TedRuxpin Member

We don't need any other 2nd string 7M point guards on our team.

9. cometsluv4play

i would perfer Andre Miller at PG and Steve at the two and Cuttino as sixth man.....and draft Woods as SF.:D