1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wayne Hall is the problem, not Keith Jones!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rox4lyf, Feb 11, 2009.

Tags:
  1. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Wayne Hall, Tracy's trainer is the root of all his injury problems in my opinion. We all saw the video of Tracy lifting weights and we all know how terrible his form was in certain exercises. As most weight lifters know, lifting with bad form increases the chances of injury and also doesn't do a complete job of strengthening the muscle.

The knee surgery Tracy had was his first ever surgery. With Wayne Hall at the helm for all his weight training, Hall probably did a poor job in strengthening the quad muscles and the knee resulting in a relative lack of conditioning in his knee.

Let's put an end to all this Keith Jones hate because Wayne Hall is the REAL problem!

2. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i gotta agree. he is a douche. if you watch him in the mid season t-mac "rehab" videos the guy is acting like t-mac is magically able to gain muscle and huge amounts of strength after only 2 weeks of working out.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

thank you for this post, finally someone is thinking....the "fire keith jones" fans didn't realize it wasn't Jones who was on the video with tmac during his 10-12 days off, it was Hall. He probably spends a lot more time with Tmac than Jones does.

Also, Keith Jones isn't a doctor as far as i know, he's the middle guy, he's not the guy that misreads an x-ray or gives bad treatment, etc. Also, the Phoenix trainers don't perform surgery as far as i know, they're TRAINERS, not doctors, not surgeons..

5. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

can SUN trade their medical staff? i am sure there will be a lot teams after them. at least, rox for sure

6. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Thanks guys. I try to post new threads if it offers new insight amongst the mindless drivel of trade suggestions slash name calling that pervades this board.

Tmac's been having problems due to lack of strength in certain key areas and he was having them in the Orlando days. So, the common denominator must be Wayne Hall.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The Suns doctors already looked at TMac's knee earlier this year and said he was fine.

DD

8. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

who says we need Sun's doctors just for TMAC?

AM I the only one so tired of injuries past 4 years? AM i the only one impressed by Sun's doctors, who fixed numbers players with possible career ending injury Name Amare , Hill, Shaq ?

9. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

I think that all Tmac's own problem, he did not work hard to rehab his knee at all. Look at what Yao did after surgery, he did not even miss Olympic games.

10. Classic

Classic Member

I've stated it several times on here before that I'm a personal trainer and I was shocked that a talented and wealthy player couldn't find a better trainer than Wayne Hall. The guy sucks. Shoulder surgery for Tmac? ****ty form on bench press will tear your rotator cuff and the videos showed Tmac doing just that. The guy had Tmac lifting like he was a 7th grade football player. Yeah, and he's full of **** from his little channel 2 video.

11. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

the video of t-mac lifting with improper form was very alarming...especially when t-mac himself said he didn't have any more pain now that he stopped lifting.

12. Classic

Classic Member

I should add, I still think Tmac is a drama queen and that his trainer isn't the root of all his problems but he certainly hasn't helped.

13. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

As a person with extensive weight training experience, I was left literally speechless after watching that video last year when he did the shoulder exercises.

It's appalling that the Rockets are oblivious to this stuff considering Tracy is their most prized investment.

I don't know if Hall has anything to do with the knee, but I can assure you that arthritic shoulder didn't develop in a vacuum.

14. IcemanErik

IcemanErik Member

We don't need Tracy!

15. fredy

fredy Contributing Member

I think there is some truth to that.

I have actually met Wayne Hall at the UH Rec when I used to work there as a supervisor. He was training a couple of UH seniors who were gonna be trying out for NBA teams. I guess he's not getting paid much cause I never saw him buy a membership or guest pass to use the facility, he used to always get in for free by a professional staff member. In return he was supposed to get Tracy McGrady to show up for a youth basketball camp but that never happened. The camp still took place even though it was called the T-MAC camp and I'm sure a lot of kids were disappointed.

On a side note, I remember him telling me that Tracy and Francis were never friends instead just like regular co-workers.

16. aka665

aka665 Member

i'd like to be t-mac's trainer... so i can finally use my kinesiology degree which has been useless

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

is it the Phoenix DOCTORS, or the phoenix TRAINERS? Make up your mind, it's not the same thing. The "miracle" workers are the trainers, who are taking a different approach than most trainers. The doctors aren't involved in anything other than the actual surgery.

And once again, let me remind you Amare came back TOO EARLY and had to sit out extra time as well. Nobody's perfect, even they failed to see he wasn't ready.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

dude, same here...i dont even think Hall has a degree...

19. azoghbi

azoghbi Member

i agree, he has TERRIBLE form

20. KillerMamba

KillerMamba Member

i mean just look at wayne hall himself. the guy looks like an overweight retired amateur baseball player. t-mac's supposed to be doing basketball drills and not doing heavy weight and putting more pressure on his already messed up back. wayne hall is just some gold digging money riding slimshady wannabe fake trainer who is just trying to get some pub. the guy is horrible. talks like he knows something.