1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade deadline countdown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by worzel gummidge, Jan 30, 2009.

Tags:
?

Will the Rockets make a trade?

Poll closed Feb 17, 2009.
  1. Tracy McGrady

22.1%
  2. Ron Artest

24.5%
  3. Luther Head

62.2%
  4. A starter who is not McGrady or Artest

4.8%
  5. A bench player who is not Head

6.9%
  6. No trade/s

12.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Tmac for AI...hurry up!! Take my suggestion Moron...i mean Morey!!

The last time i ask you to trade for Kobe, you went on to Chronicle and assure that you're satisfied with Tmac. Totally wrong and stupid!!!

2. worzel gummidge

9 Days left...

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/nets/39354007.html

3. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

I would trade for our freaking draft pick back. It is really gonna suck to be left out of the draft.

Could we get a 1st rounder for battier?

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

the same type of player who is 2 year older?

always injured, bad attitude, quitter

6. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

not another lazy guy please.. and as Leeb pointed out not all SGs are comfortable playing with Yao because of spacing issues if i am right.. u sud consider that also while dealing..

but I agree.. Vince>>>> TMAC as of now..

7. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Vince Carter has not been injured in like 4 years....

He has been great for the Nets, been a true professional out there in NJ....

Where have you been? This might have been true like half a decade ago...

8. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    It would have been true last year..

9. Mr. J

Mr. J Member

U know what? I do think players of rox should have the real choice now, because the "chemistry" is not among "big 3" but among all our players. If most of our players don't like some one of them, then they won't try their best to play the games when the rebarbative one in the court. I don't like this kinda result of chemistry. Kick the rebarbative one out and make others fight together.

10. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Rick Adelman is a hands off coach which lets his players figure out things on his own. Complete opposite of JVG.

This Rockets team is still geared for JVG who had to call them out occasionally and motivate them. Without JVG's words ringing in their ears, these players can't find the self motivation at times to get in gear and know when to kick it up a notch.

The players who really need JVG's sermons are the new guys who never played for JVG. Imagine if Scola and Landry played under JVG, these missed assignments on switches and interior defense lapses would not happen at the regular rate going on now. JVG would have been tough on AB but I bet AB would have loved playing for him.

With Adelman, he needs players that are self motivated and his top players act like and talk like leaders. You can't call out others when you aren't holding up your own (Artest and Tmac for example). Yao is a follower, not a leader that will rally his teammates when the team is struggling. The rest of the role payers seem to play accordingly on how those 3 play. We don't have the right type of players for Adelman, simply put. Especially our so called big 3.

11. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I voted that we make no trades, but geez I sure hope I
    am dead wrong on that count.

We MUST make a move, and a big one.

I'd much rather trade McGrady than anyone else. Alston not all that
    far behind.

12. xiejun0712

xiejun0712 New Member

oh,it seems like Head will be trade definitely,he is transformed to a pure shooter and in Rocks,there have litter space to made his shot

13. Mr. J

Mr. J Member

C-H-O-I-C-E

14. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

1. We're gonna give Luther away, if only to give him a chance to play somewhere else.

2. Yao's untouchable, and it's basically impossible that Scola or Landry go anywhere, because they're our only non-ancient size besides Yao.

3. No one wants Rafer or T-Mac. Wafer is too unproven. Barry's too old.

4. Which basically means that Ron and Shane are about the only trade assets we have that anyone values. They're good players with reasonable salaries, and we can afford to dump one. IF we move one I'd think it'd be Ron. All I know is we need a real starting PG bad... Artest & Rafer for Hinrich or Bibby? Not the best deal ever, but it'd be a step in the right direction at least...
    Barring anything really major, I'd love to land Keyon Dooling somehow...

#34 Drexlerfan22, Feb 10, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  15. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

ron's gonna get traded.

we brought him in for a year to see if he'll put us over the hump, and if he does, we would resign him. but so far, adding him to this team didnt make us better from last year.

so do you keep him when he might not resign in the offseason? coz i doubt morey would offer the kind of $$$ artest thinks he deserves. best bet is you move him for a contract ending the same time as tmac or a player who's a keeper for the long run.

battier would be next on my list. i doubt morey is that dumb to see that battier's not the same anymore. if he can get that PG or young C the team needs, he's gonna trade battier.

head, i dont see any team wanting him at the moment but if there is, DM would do it.

he also needs to use those TEs so im sure he's burning the lines getting a deal done.

16. James23

James23 Member

Yao is on a decline. I have said Yao has peaked a couple years ago ever since the Rockets decided to hire Adelman. The way Adelman uses Yao stops him from developing into a dominant player. It doesn't make sense to take the 7'6" away from the paint.

Since the center is on the decline, it's time to trade him. The Suns is looking to unload Stoudamire. Why not trade Yao for Stoudamire?

Both teams need to rebuild and both players need a new start playing for different team.

17. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7_IKcMl_a9A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7_IKcMl_a9A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

18. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

A little over 12 hours left...

Pretty meaningless bump, I know.