1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Williams finally named All star

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ebu, Feb 10, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ebu

ebu Member

Mo williams replaces Bosh.

Now Cleveland can stop crying

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

damn and here I thought you meant Deron Williams who still has the title of "most obvious all-star who isnt an all-star"

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yeah I thought this was about Deron Williams too lol.

Chris Paul probably won't play though, so I assume with Jefferson going down he will be replaced by Nash or Williams.

4. The_Yoyo

dude if Deron Williams isnt named a replacement when Paul possibly out and Jefferson not able to be a replacement then there is something wrong.

I HATE the jazz but there is no denying that deron williams in an unique talent who deserve to be on the all-star team.

5. JimRaynor55

JimRaynor55 Member

Thank you Cavs players and fans, for pressuring Stern into picking one of the most no-name non-Stars of all time.

Ten years from now some enthusiastic young fan is going to be looking over the records, eager to learn about the legends of the game. He's going to see some guy called "Mo Williams" in the 2009 All-Star Game and say "Who?" The ASG is pretty much a joke exhibition, but it still goes down in the records. If anything is a "shomockery," it's the casual disregard for the history of the game.

A team being good doesn't mean that everyone on its starting lineup is a real All-Star candidate. They know Mo Williams isn't a star. Call me when other teams seriously inquire about Williams, and are willing to build around him and pay him the max.

6. The_Yoyo

^

hey remember when they got Tyrone Hill and Terrell Brandon into the all-star game?

7. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

well it might not be a smart thing to pick a replacement who is out for the season

8. TheRocketShow24

Mo Williams is not as deserving as people think in my opinion. David Lee should have been an all-star.

9. henGoOink

henGoOink Member

fck i thought deron williams... DWILLS>MOWILL

10. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

Dwill is playing in the west that's why he isn't in the all-star game, if he was in the east he would probably be in.

11. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

Will he try to break the scoring record like Jamal Magloire?

12. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Don't forget Chris Gatling and Tom Gugliotta

13. ebu

ebu Member

Tyrone hill was on the all star team???? WOW lol...he scared me haha

As for Deron, since Paul isn't going to play, he probably will replace him

14. The_Yoyo

yeah i remember gatling..

googs wasnt too bad I think he was an all-star more than once? I remember that I had him on my fantasy team way back in the day and he always put up good numbers..

i wouldnt be surprised if nash is picked since the game is in phoenix stern has a way of thinking "cute" stuff like that is what the fans want.

15. Chamillionaire

he oughta be starting, he's the best pg in the league imo, but paul is something else as well.

16. Problem-Chyld

Problem-Chyld Member

lol i thought it was Deron too, but im happy for mo though.