1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Bergen Record] Three Texas Teams interested in Vince Carter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JoeBarelyCares, Feb 10, 2009.

1. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Seriously? Did you find a parallel universe called 'opposite day'?

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

but yao, artest, vince, and hinrich would be a nice core and would actually work well together. granted vc is in decline but his final year is a team option so we miss out on the 2010 fa class but he is gone in 2011.

3. declan32001

declan32001 Member

I agree, but it's about the other parts. Any significant deal we're likely to make would include Scola, Landry or Brooks. I seriously doubt we could get much for TMac straight up at this point. So sad.

4. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Haha Popovich would flip his ****. Talk about a trade that is even more highway robbery than the Gasol trade.

5. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

What's the point? I'd rather clean house and start rebuilding now. Here's my idea.

Rockets get: Chris Bosh, Jamaal Magloire, Joey Graham, Jason Kapono, Marcus Banks and Udonis Haslem

Raptors get: Tracy Mcgrady, Shawn Marion, and Yao Ming

Heat get: JO, Ron Artest, and Rafer Alston

-The Rockets do this to rebuild, we get a young star and a really good PF to backup Scola (this frees us up to move Landry for an upgrade at PG).
    -The Raptors do this because Bosh is leaving anyway. They get the best end of the deal, for now.
    -The Heat get JO, the bigman they've been waiting for, a veteran PG, and Ron to give Wade a rest on D. These contracts don't last long so they'll be players in the 2010 offseason.

I really hope we clean house but i get the feeling we'll more than likely just trade Mcgrady and Artest. The problem i have with this is i feel like Yao's play is highlighted by what's going on with the rest of the BIG 3. If we just put a bandaid on this situation we'll probably end up with a mediocre team with potential to get past the 1st round. We'll probably wait too late to trade Yao and likely get no value for him where as if we trade him now we can get a young star that can endure a rebuilding process.

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

me thinks you don't know what you're talking about.
    they're not going to go from supposed contenders to rebuilding midseason...do you smoke crack? if anything they wouldn't do it exclusively from a business standpoint -- that would cost them a freaking ton of money in ticket sales and it would piss off season ticket holders.

they'll more than likely trade artest and head with some combination of whatever. if you seriously think there is any chance that yao is traded you really need to get a cat scan. despite how crappy this team has been playing we're 6 games out of first in our division. not exactly insurmountable odds.

7. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

say no to chris bosh, he is overrated

8. TManiAC

TManiAC Member

We can easily make this happen without involving TMac or Shane Battier.

Ron Artest
    Brent Barry
    Carl Landry

for

Vince Carter
    Sean Williams

We can throw in Luther Head as cap filler and the Nets can promptly cut him if they please.

PG: Rafer Alston | Aaron Brooks
    SG: Vince Carter | Von Wafer
    SF: Tracy McGrady | Shane Battier
    PF: Luis Scola | Sean Williams | Chuck Hayes
    CN: Yao Ming | Dikembe Mutombo

9. Mr Chuck Norris

highway robbery in its finest

10. TheRocketShow24

I'll take VC over T-Mac, Vince Carter may have the same heart as T-Mac, but at least he produces.

T-Mac is a glorified Luther Head at this point.

11. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

i KNOW they won't do it but i think it is better to be in a rebuilding state than one of perpetual mediocrity.

12. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

13. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I bet you the lakers aren't trying to collect player because of some joint china venture. It should be about the rings, not some backdoor to added financial boost that the owner doesn't put back into the team. Paul Allen,Cuban, and Buss don't worry about off court money to their pernal wealth in which they don't or can't use.

14. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Lol would be an awesome trade, but the only way this would ever happen is in a video game. Stromile Swift is absolute garbage as we all know, plus Chicago already has a log jam in their front court.

15. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Which is why I said getting rid of swift and #8 for shane wasn't a great deal for houston. We can't reverse the hands of time, but stromile and his expiring contract right now along with whomever we picked at 8 would be of better value.

16. worzel gummidge

Bulls are looking to dump salary but they also need a good backup PG behind Rose if they move Hinrich. They were so desperate for PG help when Hinrich broke his thumb that they signed Lindsey Hunter. Stromile is an expiring contract but they also get to have close but short term look to see if he can help them there. They don't really have a log jam in their front court as it's still considered a weakness for them as it has been for the last several years.

17. Omer

Omer Member

18. kkev125

kkev125 Member

I think the biggest problem everyone on this board is that Carl Landry is not that highly regarded around the league. Sure, we think highly of him, but other teams really just view him as a back-up PF at best. Morey's done such a good job to lower his value, I don't see how he is a good trade chip.

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I am trying to understand a reason why the Spurs would want Vince Carter on a Popovic/Duncan team. I just don't see it happening.

Secondly, since these boards dont seem to consider that the OTHER TEAM has to agree to a trade, why dont we just do:

T-Mac, Artest, Battier for Arenas, Jamison, Butler.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

20. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

"Overrated" was a term used by Morey just several days ago when asked about "saving up for 2010". Will you take his word for it? Before you answer know that in the same interview he said "playing it close to the vest" was also overrated.