1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] TMac makes Daily Dime

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by northeastfan, Feb 10, 2009.

1. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime

MONDAY'S WORST
    Tracy McGrady, Rockets: Edges an equally bad Steve Nash (two points) by shooting 1-for-9 (3 points) in a road loss to the Bucks. Said McGrady: "Right now, we're just a team that doesn't know how to play defense."

I agree with him. Only some don't know how to play offense either.

2. mich

mich Member

Is he the monkey on the back of the team? :confused:

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Why is it that when McGrady puts in a crap performance, he never says "I played like crap. No excuses". It's always about what the team didn't do.

I know its been established for a while that he has absolutely no leadership skills, but this is so damn aggravating. He's only too quick to take credit when he plays well and the team wins with his "I just imposed my will on the game and got our team great shots" routine. :mad:

4. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I believe he HAS said that before actually. Not nearly enough, but you said he never says it. So not 100% accurate, just 99% haha!

5. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Aren't you used to it by now? I am. It's not like people would go easier on him if he said "I played like @#$," anyway.

6. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

lets not forget that morey made this team so they could survive without t-mac and flourish when he was on the court. This team should be able to survive a bad performance from t-mac especially against the bucks. Thats what the other 2 big framed 3 are for. Like in Boston Ray allen was in a funk for most of the playoffs, They didn't do as well as they could've with him like that but they still won games and made it to the finals with him shooting poorly.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The Rockets should be able to survive a bad shooting night from McGrady. But he didn't do anything well against the Bucks. He couldn't penetrate or play defense. His 1-9 wasn't the main problem. Its everything else he doesn't do.

8. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

t-mac, just shut the **** up. You are so far the biggest hole in defense AND you score only 3 points.

don't you feel guilty of taking 20 mil a year and HURT this team? :mad:

9. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

They can survive without him but he has to either be at the end of the bench for 48-45 minutes or in street clothes the whole game.

10. yobod

yobod Member

See, the problem with T-Mac is that when he has a bad game, it effects ALL facets of the game. His bad shooting nights would be easy to overcome if he could pass and defend well, but he's not doing ANYTHING well right now. His bad defense is allowing guards to penetrate into the inside at will (he's not the only one guilty of this....Battier has been atrocious), which is then causing our big men to either foul, or give up layup after layup. And his lack of passing is causing the offense to remain stagnant, which is then allowing teams to run up and down the court on us after every single miss. I honestly don't know what the solution is, but as adamant as I was to NOT trade him....I don't know if I can handle watching another year and a half of this nonsense, either. 2010 is too far away to keep watching this crappy brand of basketball.

11. henGoOink

henGoOink Member

12. Shaud

Shaud Member

Actually he passed the ball pretty good last night. That was about it. As far as his defense last night, it wasn't as bad as it usually is because the man he was guarding wasn't an offensive threat.

Problem is if Yao isn't involved this team will struggle because T-mac can no longer carry this team.

13. TheRocketShow24

T-Mac talking about defense? What's next? LeBron talking about his team's poor shooting?

14. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

i don't really hate any players in the NBA but i am starting to hate t-mac with a fiery passion

15. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Basically, T-mac has no confidence. He never has. He's been cocky, given his talent-level, but never confident. Confidence is someone really believing in himself. It's the same reason none of his coaches has ever called him out. JVG was always kissing his ass, while calling everyone else out because he knew the others could take it, but t-mac would just sulk and shut down. He's mentally weak. He should've seen a sports psychologist years ago. Now that his body's broken down, it's too late.

Look at Sam Cassel. T-mac still has more talent than Cassel ever had. But Cassel, despite being an alien-looking mother******, has always had confidence in himself to make the right play. He's never been able to jump, was never very fast or strong or big, but knew how to play and more importantly, how to win.

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Well, he is apart of the team, and when he talks about "the team", he's including himself. He could have said much much worst.

17. rhee

rhee Member

Look at Sam Cassel. T-mac still has more talent than Cassel ever had. But Cassel, despite being an alien-looking mother******, has always had confidence in himself to make the right play. He's never been able to jump, was never very fast or strong or big, but knew how to play and more importantly, how to win.[/QUOTE]

how true.

:D