1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anonymous Poll - Should CHUCK HAYES Start?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by burnnotice, Feb 5, 2009.

?

Anonymous Poll - Should CHUCK HAYES Start?

1. Yes

51 vote(s)
    20.9%
  2. No

193 vote(s)
    79.1%
  1. Marcus

Marcus Member

You're missing my point when I say "faster pace". I'm not saying they play a fast pace game. Just faster then the grind it out 84-80 games that they played when Chuck was in the starting unit. With Chuck starting last season the team went 25-20 and scored over 100 points 13 times in those 45 games. With Scola starting the team went 29-5 and scored over 100 points 17 times in those 34 games. That is what I mean by a faster pace.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think when Adelman got here, he's used Chuck in the high post a lot more than JVG ever did. With Van Gundy, Chuck set screens and he cleaned up the garbage around the basket. Almost all his shots with JVG came off offensive rebounds or passes from teammates when he got open for layups. He's away from the basket more in Adelman's offense, I think.

3. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

That definitely has an effect. He's out top most all possessions.

4. burnnotice

burnnotice Rookie

Which is also how he is playing Yao and why Yao's numbers are down. The hilarious thing about it is, the guy is 7' 6" and if he catches it withing 4 feet of the rim, he is either going to score or get fouled. Despite all of this, Rick Adelman has him posting up 10 feet from the basket.

5. burnnotice

burnnotice Rookie

I am glad I wasn't the only one that noticed him throw out the hook just as soon as Chuck missed that layup. Though I wish someone would tell Chuck he needs to be aggressive on offense. If he is only going to be out there the ridiculous amount of time Adelman gives him, he should try and get up at least 3 shots. I think he gets enough touches to do that.

Chuck isn't that kind of guy though. Me, I would stick it in Adelman's face. If he played me after a DNPCD game, I would shoot everytime I touched the ball, bad shot or not. Chuck has nothing to lose. That is how Scola got in the starting lineup to begin with. If you remember, he wasn't taking very many shots and got virtually no playing time at the begging of the year, then he started being more selfish and Adelman realized he could make that 15 footer.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Come on, this is tired, Chuck is a situational NBA role player if he is starting your team is not going anywhere.

DD

7. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

i dunno if he should start, but he should def get minutes when we play teams that have good pf. that goes for deke as well, if we play teams that drive alot we need shot blockers

8. burnnotice

burnnotice Rookie

A rebound away from going to the 2nd round, which is more than The Rockets could say about last season...

9. DaDakota

The 2nd round....honestly, that is going somewhere?

If that is all you are striving for ......

DD

10. burnnotice

burnnotice Rookie

Dude, you have to take the next step. Of course that is not all I would strive for, but you act as if the current lineup is going further than that. I am not sure if they are capable of going further than that, healthy or not. Hell, they actually have to make the playoffs before it's even worth talking about. I just don't see Adelman being able to make his system work with these players.

11. DaDakota

They did take the next step they benched an inept offensive PF and replaced him with Scola and the team won 22 in a row.

DD

12. Shaud

Shaud Member

Umm Yao was out last year.

I hope you don't think we would of beat Utah in the 1st round of Chuck Hayes started.

13. Shaud

Shaud Member

Edit : If

14. burnnotice

burnnotice Rookie

Ahhhhhh, The Rockets are really moving now, eh?

"Scola come to Hooston to shoot lots of bosketball."

[​IMG]

15. DaDakota

Scola plays hard and is the most consistent player on the team this year.

DD

16. TheRocketShow24

Pipe thread. The answer is no.

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yeah because Chuck Hayes would of won the game for us tonight. :rolleyes:

18. burnnotice

burnnotice Rookie

He at least wouldn't have let Charlie Villanueva take a dump on him...

It was also nice to see Keith Bogans again. Another Daryl Morey mistake. Brought in Shane Battier, let Bogans walk to Orlando. Could have kept Rudy Gay and had Bogans for a lot less money than Battier.

19. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I thought rookies weren't allowed to start threads? Did you get demoted?

20. burnnotice

burnnotice Rookie

Being consistent doesn't help the team when the most consistent part of your game is bad defense...