1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which Trade Would You Prefer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Feb 8, 2009.

?

If you had the power to make one of the following trades which would you make?

1. Trade Artest / Scola / Head for Amare Stoudemire

101 vote(s)
    29.1%
  2. Trade Artest / Head for Kirk Hinrich

101 vote(s)
    29.1%
  3. Trade No One. We Have Everything We Need to Win the Championship

145 vote(s)
    41.8%
  1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Amare has a better mid range game than Scola and dominate around the rim in ways that Scola can not. Amare is younger and better period and can play the 5 position with any other player in the league including Yao. Amare can be the focus on the offense anytime the Rockets want him to be.

2. red96

red96 Member

I know Amare is better than Scola. He's not the same Amare from years before in an halfcourt set. You seem to not know the Rockets position of need. Its PG not the PF. I swear you act like we still have Weatherspoon and Pagett at PF.

3. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I'd do the Amare deal or no deal. The rockets are big time losers in an Artest/Hinrich deal as Ron brings much more versatility and defense to the table.

The only way i'd want Hinrich is if it cost me Rafer and Landry or something similar for Kirk and a throw in backup big guy like Gray or Noah.

4. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

I'll just say this in regards to trading Artest and Scola. We can't keep dealing two and three players or picks at a time and expect to keep a deep team. Look how those trade are working out for the Stros. Trading for Amare doesn't make sense unless he has a deal worked out before he gets here and I don't think that will happen. We can't give up Artest, who we gave up a pick and a first round player for, Scola, and then lose Amare in a year with nothing to show for any of the three of them.

5. red96

red96 Member

Ok if he's so good in a halfcourt system why is he on the block?

6. crash5179

No. You are wrong. I recognize that the Rockets biggest need is at Point Guard and not power forward but Amare is so good that he is worth talking about and I recognize that.

You act as if all Amare can do is dunk but I just proved to you that there is tons more to his game and you casually ignore it because it does nothing to prove your point.

If you want to make the case that the Rockets need Hinrich more than that i fine. You might even find me agreeing with you. But to act as if Amare is a one trick pony that would not fit well with the Rockets just makes you look argumentitive.

7. crash5179

Obviously to get below the salery cap since they are trying trade him for cap relief.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Amare is overated, you get better production out of Landry and Scola than you do out of Amare, and for much less money.

Amare also is not as good a rebounder as Scola...but he is a slightly better midrange shooter......477 to .456....

Meanwhile Hinrich is a lot more of an upgrade over Rafer...

The team would be better overall with Hinrich than with Amare.

DD

9. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

How bout T-Mac and Shane Battier for Amare...There not what they once were personally the only thing we stand to lose is T-Mac's arrogence and Battier's worthless shooting.

10. red96

red96 Member

I just think his production will go down without Nash, which you can agree is very likely. And if this happens will it be worth Scola, Artest and Head? Right now Amare averages the same rpg and around the same % with 8 ppg more but plays 10 more minutes than Scola. Is that marginal improvment at PF worth 15 million? Amare has been a great player but as this season shows he's at his best on a fast paced team. Thats why he's on the block. This is not a fast paced team.

11. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

The Hornets are broke and are looking to move salaries. I read it off an article from Real GM :D

Chandler, Peja, and James Posey are possible moves. I think we go after Posey or Peja and use Artest's expiring contract as bait. We have cheap players, too.

12. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

They should do a trade with the Clippers. That team is going no where anyway.

Trade Tmac + Scola for Baron Davis and Marcus Camby.

We're going to have best defensive lineups EVER:
    Yao Camby Artest Battier Davis.

13. Rokman

Rokman Member

Trade 1:

Houston Trades:

- Tracy McGrady
    - Luther Head
    - 2011 2nd Rd. Pick

Detroit Trades:
    - Rip Hamilton
    - Tayshaun Prince

Trade 2:

Houston Trades:

- Ron Artest
    - Rafer Alston

L.A. Clippers Trades:
    - Baron Davis
    - Ricky Davis

Houston Line-Up

P.G. - Baron Davis_______Aaron Brooks
    S.G. - Rip Hamilton______ Von Wafer__________ Brent Barry
    S.F. - Tayshaun Prince____Shane Battier________Ricky Davis
    P.F. - Luis Scola_________Carl Landry_________Chuck Hayes
    ...C. - Yao Ming_________Dikembe Mutombo____Joey Dorsey

14. Laoyi

Laoyi Member

We need a trade but not the ones you suggested!

15. Laoyi

Laoyi Member

These trades I like!

16. TManiAC

TManiAC Member

Trade 1:

Ron Artest
    Brent Barry
    Luther Head

for

Mike Miller
    Rashad McCants
    Calvin Booth

Trade 2:

Ron Artest
    Brent Barry

for

Raja Bell
    Raymond Felton

Trade 3:

Ron Artest
    Brent Barry
    Joey Dorsey

for

Josh Howard
    Brandon Bass

17. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Raja Bell can only be traded by himself due to a trade restriction. I like Bell a lot myself and I would love to acquire him provided we deal Battier or Artest. I have a gut feeling the Lakers or somebody good is going to scoop him up. Would be nice if we could beat them to the punch somehow BUT.....its all kind of a moot point since we already have a logjam at the wings.

18. nejyh

nejyh Contributing Member

I would Prefer a trade of :
    Artest/Battier + Alston for Heinrich + Sefolosha + 1rd draft pick

19. hkcosser

hkcosser Member

我喜欢的交易是:麦蒂+海德(或阿尔斯通)换马布里+大卫李
    I like the transaction is: Tracy McGrady + Head(or Alston) for Marbury + David Lee

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL what do you have against Brent Barry? You do realize of course that if we trade BB no vet will sign with the Rox for the minimum ever again.