1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Travel Query] Where to go in Scotland's Highlands???

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by gbritton, Feb 8, 2009.

1. gbritton

gbritton Contributing Member

Several friends and I will be in Scotland in the summer. We plan to hang in Edinburgh for about 4 or 5 days... but after that we wanna branch out to see the countryside and mountains. But... i have absolutely no idea where to stay or where to go in the area. We would like to hike and mountain bike too so if anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

2. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

glasgow is way cooler than Edinburgh

3. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

if you dont visit any distilleries your trip will be a failure

4. gbritton

gbritton Contributing Member

How is glascow way cooler than edinburgh? i may just have the wrong impression of it... one of those cities that would be cool to live because its a big ol city that offers a lot for those who live there, but as a traveler who wants to experience a unique city wouldnt edinburgh be better? thanks

5. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

I hear Glasgow has great curry...

6. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

I've never been, but I'd go to the Glenmorangie distillery if you like Scotch.

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

just drive along the whiskey trail and stop at whatever distillerys your come across (scotland's smallest distillery is near Pitlochry (sp?)).

As for places to stay the night...look for local B&B's. Just ask the local folk.

I can't wait to go back. It was a great trip