1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tags:
  1. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Whoever is playing like **** at the moment.

One of the guys ahead of him usually is, but get the minutes anyway.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like turtles!

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Von Wafer is a good bench player but he makes too many mistakes. When T-mac plays he can create for other players and Wafer can't. The reason Wafer is so good is because he brings fire off the bench; That makes the other defense work. Wafer in the game is all about shock and awe. all I want Wafer to do is come off the bench and drive to the basket and make the defense respect the outside shooter.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If T-mac can facilitate the offense and score when he can the Wafer is a luxury off the bench. T-mac is proven and can pass the ball. Wafer should be the energy off the bench and thats all.

5. Fidel

Fidel Member

Absolutely, Wafer deserves enough time as Carl. He need take some shots from Tracy.

6. cassidy

cassidy Member

YES.I think he should get a little more time as well.

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Battier does not need to playing 30 plus minutes.

8. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

I don't care who plays as long as we keep getting a W

and I think Rick is playing the main guys to see how it works between them.. to establish a rhythm and improve passing.. thats not wrong considering playoffs are due to 2-3 months..

9. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Fixed

10. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

At the end of the season Wafer is gone. He tasted the starting lineup and he knows he could star on another team. The guy wants to play.

11. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Shane see's waaaaaaaaay to much PT.

12. DJ

DJ Member

But Wafer played better as a starter.

13. DthenA

DthenA Member

i agree. tmac needs more time, not only for him but the team.

14. DtJohnKimbell

DtJohnKimbell Member

Battier should play 20, hes gettin old and his D isnt the same, so let him play 20 minutes of hardcore D a game, I like battier but just like tmac hes not the same player he was last year

15. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Von Wafer is the way to the future for our Rockets Team :p
    PS Battier is only half the player we knew 5 years ago. He should be coming off the bench by now!

16. Persianfoo

Persianfoo Member

I still honestly think that Wafer should be getting 20 min a game. He is the hottest player for our team, hes still hot after a few months, normally noone stays as hot as him, unless they are just that good normally. Hes the energy guy, he attacks, goes for the dunk, and shoots a high percentage from 3pt as well. He definitely needs more playing time.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This just shows you how deep we are when everyone is healthy. What concerns me is not how much Wafer plays but how well our main guys (McGrady, Artest, Battier) play. If Wafer logs in a lot of minutes, you know something is wrong with one of those guys, and that's not good.

The dilemma now is this. First, Brooks is not playing well. Wafer should take some of his minutes but Wafer is not a PG.

Second, Battier's offense is in the dump. But Wafer cannot take Battier's minutes because of defensive concerns. You know what, IF (a big if) T-Mac actually plays good defense, the coach might (just might) give some of Battier's minutes to Wafer. But that's a long shot.

18. rockability71

rockability71 Member

We need to develop Wafer. Playing time for him is the key. We will need to sign him to a contract in the off season. Would he want to stay if he has to sit on the bench? I see Wafer as a key piece to this team in the future and we have to develop and re-sign this guy.

19. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

How can you say such a thing :D
    If wafer does leave i think it'll be on his own.
    this team has alot of future stars. well a few
    AB LANDRY of course V-dub..ide even throw in Dorsey(if he doesnt get traded)
    when you have youngsters who bring it every game like landry and wafer (AB was in a slump that landry has yet to partake of but has redeemed himself) then you have a promising bench and team. im pretty sure Rick knows that.
    and would only trade wafer for something BIG. ;) IMO

20. TheRocketShow24

Von Wafer is starting to become irrelevant as a player again and that is not good because he is quite a valuable option.

To be honest, I think the Rockets have a better chance to go further with Von Wafer starting than with T-Mac. Von Wafer really starts out the game very well. T-Mac is very inconsistent, and I think he needs more rest maybe up until March.

Von Wafer needs more minutes though and there is no doubt in my mind. If T-Mac is playing then take away his minutes he still does need more rest, he does not look that good. T-Mac is just a better shooter in my opinion but he isn't even more efficient at shooting.