1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

inexplicable hate for Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mozart123, Feb 8, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jondoe

jondoe Member

Actually, who cares? All fans hate on their players sometimes, look at phoenix, they hate Amare. I think people get frustrated because at times he can look like a big gazelle, and others like a drunk Giraffe. the bottom line is he gets the job done and the rox are lucky to have him. You think of some of the superstars who would leave their team in a heartbeat for more glory, hint: Lebron, Dwayde, Amare, Kobe, and then you get a guy like yao who actually wants to win for the rox through thick and thin. Let the haters hate.

2. boby

boby Member

Be quite and learn, rookie!!

3. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

oh didnt know there was a caste system... oh wait who cares what you think^^^

4. gta

gta Member

What people don't understand is you don't expect a 7'6 guy to have the same kind of quickness as a 6'10 guy just like you don't expect a 6'10 guy to have the speed of a 6'2 guy. Let Al Jefferson guard Von Wafer and Wafer is going to destroy him every play. Heck, Wafer is actually 3" taller than 6'2.
    The good thing is Yao can guard a lot of 6'10 players. But to ask him to guard Jefferson and Boozer is a bit too much. I was surprised Adelman didn't put Yao on Kevin Love instead.
    If you go back read the game thread, it's pretty sad how some fans treated Yao. Yao deserves better fans just for his effort alone. Not to mention he's been our best player this season by far.

5. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

You forget a lot of these Yao haters must all be 7'6 too and know how hard it would be for him to get going every 2nd night. He will have the odd bad patches but hell even LBJ and Kobe go through periods where shots arn't dropping... of all our players this year hes been our most consistent and best. With no Yao and with the Artest and T-Mac injuries do you really think we would of been sitting 10 games over .500?

6. sxp19820606

sxp19820606 Member

:D love 姚明

7. ibm

ibm Member

best post in this thread.

as miserable as yao was in the first quarter, he actually outplayed aj in the remaining 3 qtrs. just saying.

8. fmp087

fmp087 Member

Rockets fans miss what Hakeem brought to Houston, and put the same pressure on Yao to deliver like Hakeem did.

9. hkcosser

hkcosser Member

Yao Ming is the pride of Chinese people, not his talent, but his efforts, courageous spirit, and sense of family responsibility (I believe this is a lot of reasons why girls like him)

10. cassidy

cassidy Member

Just ignore the haters,let's give him more encouragement. :)

11. joesr

joesr Member

just dont let them bother you, its not worth it. I think most of them just try to balance the scale of hate on this team

12. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

there is no hate, its just we expect him to be our best player for most nights since he is the anchor on offense and defense...The offense runs through him and he is the last man standing in the paint. None of us think it is fair to match him up with Al Jefferson and be as agile....we do expect him to use his size to punish Al Jefferson in return.....He did this in the second quarter and you see what happened....Rockets win!!!

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Maybe I am missing something. I haven't seen a thread on trading Yao for Jefferson... yet.

14. esteban

esteban Member

I've been a lurker on this site for years, started back in 98-99. When Yao arrived, we were under the Cat, Steve & Moochie era....basically unwatchable basketball for at least 3-4 years, those were the dark times after the glorious years with Dream.

Yao piqued my interests again with the Rockets, I held back my opinions on him because you just don't know at that time, Yao has pros and cons to his game just like every NBA players that ever played the game.

But for you guys who just happened to come on this forum, if you can, go back and pull those old posts on Yao.

You have your Yao Only Fans, your YOHs and everything in between.The Yao Only Fans were easy to figure out, the majority were Chinese posters(that explained an influx of Chinese posters to this forum), Yao Only Fans can be cute and annoyning at the same time. You understand that they wanted to root forYao because of national pride and that is perfectly OK, but sometimes their white hot love for Yao actually caused them to be super sensitive and skewed in their thinkings
    thus unable to defend their man properly.

The YOHs on the other hand are a complex group, you got alot of differrent posters hating on Yao ranging from long time Rocket fans to your average trolls, from real racists to even Chinese posters (that hate Yao).

The Yao Haters over the years always annoyed me, the moment Yao stunk it up a little, just like cockroaches, when you flip the lights on, they're everywhere. As soon as Yao dropped 36pts, 15rebs on someone, they crawled right back into their hiding place again.

Here is what I'm proposing, I think at this point in time we are all here pretty much agree Yao is our leader and our man. He deserves our love, respect as well as criticism.

I'm asking you good folks here to weed out the real ahole, imbecile, juvenile vitriol Yao haters. They're still showing up past, present and future to pollute this board. I'm talking about the real Yao haters, not posters with a legit gripe about Yao. I need you guys to come up some names so posters here can decide for yourselves.

I'll start with a few names that I can remember on top of my head.

Summer Song Giver
    WNBA
    Thacabbage
    Rolffesaurus

P.S. This post is in honor of Tmac & Ron who have been calling each others out recently!

15. ericmark

ericmark Member

The king of haters goes to the Pink, am I right?

16. snowmike

snowmike Member

When we are winning games...we love everyone in the team.
    When we are losing, we blame everyone in our team.
    :rolleyes:

17. esteban

esteban Member

That's it, keep them coming!

18. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I'm not talking for the board and i wasnt here on the board last night, but i think this is what some see. I think alot of people including myself used to think we had the next Rockets great big man. Elvin,Moses,Dream, then we get blessed with Yao, but it didnt take long to see he wasnt in there class. He is a really good player and i think everyone appreciates what he does. I think what happens is the criticism of the lofty expectations and the hero idol status to some creates hate. Now when someone with Hakeem-like expectations see someone getting destroyed by lessor players at times, now they cant understand because that never happened to Hakeem. Then the posters that look up to yao as a idol are mad because people are criticizingtheir "hero". I've lowered my ceiling for Yao because i see what he is and will be. Some still see the next in line and some thinks he's the greatest since the wheel. I've just come to the fact that he's a dominant force for 30 games, ok to good for 30 games and kinda scrubbish for about 20. Thats cool as long as other players around him are producing at a good level. It is what it is, but nobody hates Yao on this board.

19. neverbeenus

neverbeenus Member

How tall is AL? The only thing i hate yao this game is why the rebound 22-6!!!

20. Coob5

Coob5 Member

Their is hate because Yao is soft sometimes. He always gets pushed to the floor and gets the ball slapped out of his hands alot or blocked.