1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tags:
  1. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Von Wafer looked overqualified to be playing garbage minutes tonight.

2. Serg300

Serg300 Member

We desperately needed a win, especially at home. Once the team starts getting in a groove and wining more, I’m sure he’ll get more minutes.

3. lalala902102001

We need to find a way to get Wafer 20 minutes a night. It could pay dividends in the playoffs.

4. hkcosser

hkcosser Member

Tracy McGrady from the game real change, The Return of the King

5. hkcosser

hkcosser Member

I think we should give wafer a little more performance time, Tracy McGrady of the manual is still a problem, can be reduced about

6. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

I was at the game tonight and when Rick Adelman took Wafer out after his 2 minutes of playing time in the 2nd quarter, during the timeout I actually saw Wafer get somewhat mad when he learned he was being taken out. It almost looked like he walked away from the huddle.

Did anyone else see this?

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i didn't watch the game much cuz busy. but hopefully that's not hte case. wafer's still young and he hasn't established himself yet to act like that. hopefully it's a misunderstanding.

8. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

screw that wafer's deserved more minutes than t-mac this season. all it comes down to is money and stardom. if youre a star, youll get your minutes, no matter how bad you play. poor guys like wafer always bring their A game yet never get a chance.

9. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

You do realize there is more to the game than offense right? Wafer can score better than Battier does, but did you see him play defense tonight? He was a big part of the win.

10. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

Wafer needs 18 plus minutes a game, his energy,exuberance,hustle,athleticism and shooting range warrant minutes, put him in coach.

11. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

I like Wafer's offensive game, but I finally saw why he is still a bench player in the Memphis game. On one play, as soon as he checked in, Memphis ran a quick screen by Wafer and OJ got wide open underneath the basket for the pass. Not only was Wafer beat on the play, but he didn't even try to recover.

12. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Yes I do realize that, but I've seen enough of Battier on both ends to realize he's a liability out there. Wafer can't do any worse and has a very good chance of doing a lot better. Wafer has been clutch at times this year while Battier has been garbage for practically the entire season.

13. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Oh my god... consider yourself now on ignore. Shane single handedly... again... stopped three fast breaks... that means ON HIS OWN. That's at least 6 points that he didn't have to score that he helped his team.

He may not look pretty and flashy when he's on the court, but he does a million things that you SHOULD see that you obviously don't.

Battier is still healing and you can see it in how he moves, but by god he should not be replaced by Wafer. Neither should Tmac or Ron for that matter.

Wafer is young and has improved in leaps and bounds... and like my boy Chuck he's going to have to realize that his minutes are going to be few and far between and do the best he can when he's called upon.

It's always one injury away from playing time, so they just have to continue to be ready.

14. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

some how this team was better with wafer play full time than tmac

15. Yao_Rockets

Yao_Rockets Member

Each time Von stays on the floor,he plays the game with all his passion.He won't easily give up each oppotunity to show what he can do.I really appreciate his game.
    Because T-mac needs more time to come back to what he used to be,Von got less time.What's more,T-mac is really playing better now! :)
    Be patient.

16. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

maybe we can move tmac to a forward and play wafer and tmac at the same time... tmac has played sf before. i forget, but wasn't that is starting role in orlando?

17. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

Yeh its the subtle things on defense and even on offense that he doesnt have down. Thats why he doesnt play.

He gets screened so easily and when youre an SG you're going to be guarding guys who will take advantage of every mistake you make. Ron and Shane shut down mike miller for the better part of 40 minutes and in the very little time wafer was guarding him, miller came off free on a few screens and made some very easy plays for his team.

Wafer on offense really only shoots or attacks the basket...he's not very good at seeking out yao in the post or making the extra pass to a more open player for a better shot.

Everything that shane does is essential to winning: transition defense, making the extra pass, spacing the floor, aggressively going after rebounds, smart defense, help defense, taking charges....he really is a guy you want on the floor. Those little things add up, and the proof is in the numbers. the team performs better when hes on the floor.

18. Rockie_rocker

Rockie_rocker Member

gotta give wafer more time if u want support from bench

19. jae713

jae713 Member

Von Wafer Odd Man Out

Von is the odd man out. I think his a good player, but do you guys thinkhe should be dealt for a better piece like a point guard?

20. jae713

jae713 Member

Oh... yea. 100th post WOOOOHOOOO!!!!