1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amare Stoudemire a Rocket? The Rockets will try but come up short

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by scola4, Feb 6, 2009.

1. JamesC

JamesC Member

[​IMG]

Taken from another forum.

2. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

wow. it looks pretty definitive where are big weaknesses are! PG & SG

[​IMG]

#302 magnetik, Feb 6, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  3. King901

King901 Member

So i was reading another message board and they have us giving up way to much for amar'e, they had Scola, Brooks, Artest, and wafer. I think that's too much and it doesnt leave us when many bench people.

4. FanSince93

FanSince93 Member

No to Amare trade:

1. He may not look like a stud in Houston with out Nash. Without
    Nash's penetration, he is only a jump shooter.
    2. Can not co-exist with Yao - huge spacing issue in the paint.
    3. Not much of defence.

We do not need a PF, we need a good PG(not KH).

5. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

that ridiculous. haha sounds like some of the people on this forum. :D

6. redao

redao Member

Any jump shooter with 53.7% shooting percentage and 7.2 free throws per game, you'd have to call him a star.

I cannot believe anyone can say no to that kind of talent.

7. faraza84

faraza84 Member

you know they could swap amare to heat for marion, ha i could see it happening, they send him to the weaker east and marion gets a bigger role with a new coach and his buddy nash. nash richardson marion and shaq, im not gona lie that sounds like a beast of a team, i doubt they would want to send amare to houston, we then gain the best front court in the west. Yao is willing to get a pf some touches as you can see scola and landry getting their buckets. It sounds good but i doubt hes coming here. Amare could also go to the nets for brook lopez and they would get the brothers on the same team, a good tandem and cheap with shaq coming off the books in another season

8. rockability71

rockability71 Member

I actually think this is one of the most likely scenarios. The Suns gets an up and coming big man with a lot of upside in Lopez (yes he is playing very well as a rookie) and they can also trade Amare to a team in the East. The Nets gets a top 3 PF in the league. I think it's quite fair and both side will be happy. The only problem is how to work out the salary. Amare is obviously being paid much
    much more than Lopez. So the Suns will have to take on some bad contracts to make the deal work salarycap-wise.

9. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

That's probably not all that far off.

10. King901

King901 Member

Brooks and wafer are the young future of the rockets, I could deal with giving them Landry but I couldn't live with brooks and wafer going. We would have a few open spots in our roster. Could we trade landry for another pf with less talent and an average pg/prospect pg?

11. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

In that case, pass. It's not like having Amare will vault us past SA, Lakers who have Duncan and Gasol. We still need to get out of the first round and getting Amare doesn't guarantee that either.

12. Gooback

Gooback Member

Amare would be more helpful to reaching those goals than Artest IMO...

13. King901

King901 Member

Agreed, Amar'e could help us out alot, plus we have deke there to help him and give him tips. He could like it do much that he would resign with us.

14. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Like Deke helping out Scola and Landry on shotblocking tips at the present?

This "Deke could help blah blah player if he comes over" is a wishful thinking myth. Amare will still use matador defense and will only care about scoring.

Just like someone mentioned, after a year with Amare a bunch of you will be crying to make a deal to dump him ala Artest.

We've got scoring and rebounding covered.

15. astros148

astros148 Member

the main problem with this board is that deep inside they think we can honestly win a championship with this current squad, and reality just hasnt set in yet. Artest does not fit in this system at all, and the majority of people are still drinking his koolaid pretending he'll just some how will.

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Id give up any combination of Artest or Battier (not both), Landry or Scola, Wafer, Barry, Hayes. Would not give up Brooks.

17. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I would love to snag Barbosa in a deal involving Amare. I don't know if we have enough pieces to accomplish that, but I think he'd be great at the 2 with T-Mac at the three. Battier and Artest could both be moved in my opinion. The Rockets need more speed and quickness on the floor.

18. JKillaD23

JKillaD23 Member

LOL @ the people who say David West is good. HMMMMM I wonder why? ding ding ding!!!!! They have this guy by the name of Chris Paul. Hmmm yeah he is a hell of a player. Just like Jason Kidd he can make anybody look like a damn super star.

Amare to Houston?? Hmmmm why is Amare putting up the numbers he is? Why is Amare so nice?? Hmmmm I wonder why???? ding ding ding!!!! The suns have a guy by the name of Steve Nash. Hmm yeah that Canadian guy can sure ball. He is one hell of a player also.

I wonder what those two guys have in common. Hmmmm ding ding ding!!!!! THEY ARE BOTH GREAT F'ING POINT GUARDS!!!!! Its crazy what a good point guard can do. Having a good or great point guard on a not so talented Hornets sure makes them look like contenders. Imagine if the Rockets had a great point guard with the talent or close to talent that Paul or Nash has. Hmmm only one can dream

19. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I AGREE COMPLETELY. Now which difference making PG is available for us to get? Assuming we can't get a better PG, how can someone say getting a tier 1 PF for an expiring contract and some role players isn't a steal?

20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Dude, if you really think both of our PF's are better jumpshooters than David West, then it's clear that you don't know much about West's game.