1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amare Stoudemire a Rocket? The Rockets will try but come up short

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by scola4, Feb 6, 2009.

1. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

BINGO!

and I don't have a good feeling about this trade. If you told me it was T-Mac for Amare straight up or with a draft pick thrown in I would take it in a heart beat. But I like our PF situation, each guy brings a different look to the floor and I feel the compliment each other very well and gives the coach a lot of options. Amare has very similar numbers to Yao and I don't think he hustles as much as Scola does...

So for the record...

Obama stimulis package (a.k.a traggic pilfering of the treasury) = NO

Tradei with Phoenix for Amare = NO

Now if you substitue Amera for Steve Nash and say traded them T-Mac for him, that be a big ole' = HECK YEAH!

2. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

the real question is how does this impact the summer of 10?

3. duteman

duteman Member

amare without a solid pg is nothing special....pass

4. onreego

onreego Member

I havent looked deep into contracts or anything, but I would like any from this list:
    Andre Miller (most reasonable) 9.9 mil expiring this summer
    Jose Calderon (dreaming) about 9 - 10 mil but goes through 2012
    Billups (that ship has sailed)
    Devin Harris (doubt Nets would want to part with him) 7.8 last year of contract.
    etc...

as far as 2010, with Mcgrady coming off the books, I think we would be fine. We could possibly end up signing Amare anyways.

5. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

If we have a line up of T-Mac/Amare/Yao, Rafer will be filling up the assist stat sheet. No need to trade for an above average point guard like Kirk Hinrich or a half a season rental in Andre Miller. When a household name like Amare is available, you take it.

Nash and Jason Kidd become free agents in the off-season too. I'm positive either of the two will be willing to take the MLE to compete for a championship. Then can we finally say, good bye Rafer.

6. rocket3forlife2

I agree or ill take Barbosa

7. rocket3forlife2

Oh yeah! Keep Brooks and wafer...We need more aggressive offensive players who attack the basket but can shoot.

8. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Barbosa is extremely overrated. He's not even close to being a pg either.

9. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

So it looks like the only one we could get would be Miller, and since his contract is expiring I don't see what we could give the Sixers...that they would possibly want.

I want a PG upgrade too. I just haven't seen anyway that we can get one with what we have. We aren't trading Yao or T-Mac. The only teams that would want Artest or contenders or those looking for an expiring deal. Everyone else on our roster we overrate IMO...as far as what we can get for them (roleplayers). That's the same reason I can't see us landed Amare, but I would be stoked if we did.

10. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Umm, I'm not for trading to get STAT. I don't want this to be a recreation of the Barkley trade.

We have a great PF tandem that teams envy and PHX is only interested in trading if either one of them is available and Artest. Just like DD said, a replacement for REEFER would be good, but if it involves one of our cornerstone PFs, forget it.

Why break up a team where we're one or 2 players away from a complete squad to get someone who is injury-prone and a chemistry hater?

11. BigPun662

BigPun662 Member

he should be racking up assist right now!!! it's not going to happen buddy!

12. rocket3forlife2

Side him at the 3 spot, wafer at two, and maybe T mac can run the point guard spot.

13. JKillaD23

JKillaD23 Member

Those two sentences right there were funny Im sorry. Your gonna trade our best playmaker for someone who is really overrated and doesn't fit our half court offense. LOL thank God that your not our G.M if you would trade T-Mac for Amare straight up. Amare is another Shawn Marion in a way. Without Steve Nash they both will suck. Amare needs to go to a team like New Orleans, Golden State, or the Knicks where they run an up tempo offense.

Amare opened his mouth saying he wants to be the number 1 option just how is he going to do that with Yao here or even Artest and Scola. LOL he wont even see the floor that much

14. JKillaD23

JKillaD23 Member

Are you sure about that??

We have Yao, McGrady, Artest, Scola, Wafer, Landry, and Barry( knock down shooter ). His assist is not that filling up the stat sheet. If you said McGrady then that would have been a different story but Rafer Alston is not a pass first PG. I don't care what anyone says.

15. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Yes, I'm not talking 10 assists per game but a solid 7-8 is where I'm going at. A quick pass to Amare when he going down the lane is just about an automatic assist-bucket.

16. rockability71

rockability71 Member

Do you even know what you are talking about? You really think Amare won't be able to get playing time on our team? If we trade Tmac for Amare, he will immediately become the 2nd best (or some may argue the best) player on this team. Do you seriously believe that he will have problem in getting on the court? Start thinking before you talk.

17. JKillaD23

JKillaD23 Member

I see where your coming from but Rafer doesn't have the ball in his hands that long for 1, 2. McGrady is our assist leader on the team, and 3. The offense Rick Aldeman tries to run with the team doesn't require one person to have high assist numbers. Ball movement is the key so anyone can be the leader at anytime game

18. astros148

astros148 Member

artest/landry/head/cash for Amare

then

Battier/Rafer for Hinrich

Hinrich
    Wafer
    Tmac
    Amare
    Yao

oh **** son

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'd jump on that in a sec!

Given our bench would be depleted significantly, but hey we have a good GM and I'm sure he can fill roster spots with good players. Maybe even bring back ya'lls lover Steve Francis! :eek:

20. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Battier and Rafer for the overrated Hinrich would be a huge backwords move.