1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yahoo: Amare on the trading block

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Nolocke, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

This is stupid. Everybody knows he can't play with Shaq but if you've watched the Suns you would notice the second Shaq goes to the bench Amare instantly becomes the best player on the floor.

If Terry Porter was even a halfway competent coach he would be able to make this work. Now, I guess Kerr is trying to try to challenge him in the incompetence department.

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

It says everyone is on the trade block except for Nash.

Of course this rumor will be shot down soon.

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

all the guy wants to do is score he doesnt even want to play any sort of defense...i dont see any team wanting a guy who keep complaining about his scoring. i dont think phoenix will trade him to NY who knows where he may go....maybe a team desperate for the cap room for 2010?

5. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

good luck when shaq is gone

6. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

In reality every player on every team is available to be traded with in reason, but for the good of the team they always deny trade rumors. Sometimes there is more to a story behind the scenes then what goes on out on court.

7. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

Can we package together a deal including Artest + fillers for him?

8. worzel gummidge

If it's true Kerr wants to clear everyone out except for a 34 year old Nash... All that talk that it was Sarver's fault and not Kerr's becomes less convincing.

9. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Amare is worth more than Artest. We'd have to give up one or two of our young guns with him. Also, Artest is in a contract year like Amare -- Phoenix would just have the same problem.

Honestly? Phoenix is stupid for putting him on the block. They should consider firing Terry Porter before getting rid of Amare.

10. rockability71

rockability71 Member

Wow, Yao and Amare front court. Amare's game compliments Yao perfectly. He provides aggression, athletism and the mid-range jumpers to force defense to play Yao honestly. It would be a dream come true and we are going to destroy everyone along the way to multiple championships.

11. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Why do you feel the need to create a new thread about this? There is a already a Random trade ideas thread. :rolleyes:

12. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

steve kerr and phoenix has been trading like this is a freakin nba fantasy league

13. rockability71

rockability71 Member

I would throw in everyone except Yao to get it done. But again it is only a pipe dream. Amare is worth much more.

14. God's Son

God's Son Member

when a 40 year old shaq is showing you up on your own team and outhustling and outworking you and outimpacting you on the team, you know that you are not as good as advertised

amare has been exposed more this year by shaq than at any point of his career, i dont think any1 can make exuses for him being a soft pansy ass player who refuse to put any effort on defense and only wants to look good on the stats sheet

he is NOT a franchise player and will never be one. i do however expect the idiots in the league to give him a max contract when he is on the market and they will regret it soon after

the toughest guy on that team has been steve nash all along. hes little and has no real speed or athleticism and cant keep up on defense, but he has heart and he is one feisty son of a gun. at least i respect the guy

15. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Never been a big Amare fan really. He is good and all but not real excited about rooting for him. When Francis gave his the forearm to the lip, I peed a little, while dealing with perma-grin.

16. ibm

ibm Member

you may be surprised. if the suns do trade amare, it's just gonna be for money reasons.

17. jondoe

jondoe Member

There is a reason why they want to trade him. He doesnt play a lick of defense and is a prima donna.

18. rockability71

rockability71 Member

I admit getting Amare is just a pipe dream. But you are a hater or just bitter if you don't believe Amare would help to lift this team to the next level. A front court of Yao and Amare would own the league.

19. rockability71

rockability71 Member

have you ever watched a Sun's game?

20. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Doesn't matter, joe. He's still worth more than Artest. Other teams can offer better guys. Hell, I know the Lakers can.