1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

yao's interview on sohu.com

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bob718, Jan 29, 2009.

1. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

http://sports.sohu.com/20090129/n261971708.shtml

Q: where went wrong in this game?

A: everywhere.

Q: what happened in the 4th?

A: just like the game we lost to 76ers at their court. can't score, don't run back to play defense, allow them get fastbreak pts. these pts can really hurt you.

Q: you didn't find your rthym in the whole game. Do you think you should touch the ball more, or should get involved earlier?

A: I don't know. I don't know how to play right now.

Q: Yao, why do you say that?

A: I don't know how to play.

Q: what makes you say so?

A: I just forgot, I forgot the way I should play, and I forgot the way I usually play.

Q: can these problems be fixed?

A: we did in a few games. but now they are back. after the game, coach said, "we must learn from this game." we learn from this game because we lost, but things like this alwasy happen. it happened 2 month ago, 1 month ago, now it is the end of jan, and we are still in learning, still in learning, when is there gonna be an end?

Q: are you worried about the team's current situation?

A: you played here for 7 years, and you are not worried? indeed I am.

Q: can't you find a little comfort here? I mean arount this time last year, you guys were up by 16, then lost the game. and after that you guys achevied something really great, a 22 winning streak.

A: if I am 60 and now looking back at my past, I can recall, on jan 2008, we lost to phi and then we had a 22 win streak, maybe I would feel sweet. but here on jan 2009, we... what will happen in future, I don't know.

Q: you think it is still possible to turn it around?

A: of course it is. when it is possible it means the chance is 50-50. but which 50 you want? which 50 we want to have?

silence....

Yao: don't know what happend. suddenly all thing collapsed, they scored one after another, it was like we stopped playing all of a sudden......not having a consistent line-up is only secondary, not having a conssistent way of playing is the major problem, I believe. we are still in learning, learning from every failure. we learn today, learn tomorrow, and the day after tomorrow, we learn this week, next week, next month, we learn till april then we all go home.

Q: what will you do after this game?

A: knock the wall? like this, knock my head against the wall.

#1 bob718, Jan 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  2. asiangirlpure

asiangirlpure Member

Take it easy, big yao :( At least, you got a nice finish, well, not the rockets though :mad: Anyway, we all see when the game was on the line and the shot counts, you have been doing really recently :cool: So, again, MAN, be cool there :p

3. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love this about Yao ! When Ron and Rafer and most of the other guys are at the club partying with the Sixers right now Yao takes every loss to heart. This reminds me of most of us on this forum we all hate losses. They still get their millions so who cares but Yao is a true competitor...........

4. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

This team is always being given lessons ... the Knicks and 76ers schooled us. We must have some pretty stupid players and coaches for us not to learn anything.

5. worzel gummidge

maybe, maybe no.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

This team is lost.

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

:confused: :confused: :confused:

8. daernoth

daernoth Member

Its not the team that needs to learn lessons, its the coach. It is up to him to give minutes to the people that are doing things right and deserve them. Some players just arent gonna learn anything until the coach gives minutes in a way that rewards intelligent and selfless play.

Instead of this however their coach rewards "stardom" and higher salaries. Its no wonder there is chaos.

9. OCballfan

OCballfan Rookie

he just sounds...defeated. He wants to fight on though...

10. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

this team has lost its identity......

again

11. realtmacfans

realtmacfans Member

you play poorly , you haven't foucused on this game . No excuse , you say i have no idea , i cannot play the game , someboy isn't suitable for me . Maybe you require all men play around you , if not , you cannot puts your whole soul into the game? right?yao

12. 1individual

1individual Member

He should hit his head against the wall for holding the ball like chocolate. He made very silly plays, and to be honest his last shot that went in was not a good looking one. He made it on hard on himself. I don't know why everyone breaks down mentally in the squad, Deke isn't doin his job? Why is he here?

13. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

It all starts with the coach, he is a scared wusss

14. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

When things ain't going right...it means that the offense has no chemistry and that has to do with the players on the court. Certain players just don't fit!!

In basketball, you have to create a flow of rhythm in order to feel good about shooting the ball. You have to create some sort of rhyme to ignite that shooting spark. You can't have a player do dribbling and play one on one. This team tend to do that a lot with Tmac and Artest. Not with Yao though because Yao draw obvious double team and create pass to his teammates. But Tmac and Artest are the culprits and are known to be doing a lot of force one on one shooting.

This team ain't no the old Sacramento Kings team...far from it. They don't have the players that are creative...but they have players that create stagnant in the flow of basketball. They don't have too many playmakers. They don't have players that play team ball which is the #1 reason why this team ain't going no where.

15. OCballfan

OCballfan Rookie

You either have "it" or you "don't"

16. daernoth

daernoth Member

If Adelman would let Deke play, I bet anything things would get better. He would provide leadership on the court not just off it.

17. worzel gummidge

I would be very worried if Deke playing was the difference between the Rockets winning or losing.

18. daernoth

daernoth Member

It isnt. Its just one of that rather large number of things that Adelman could do that would help. Sadly he chooses to do the opposite in most cases.

Ive given that man the benefit of the doubt all season but at this point it feels like he is trying to run the Rockets into the ground like Larry Brown did for the Knicks. Well... to be fair Larry Brown wasnt the only one doing his best to run them into the ground. lol :)

19. joesr

joesr Member

I highly doubt those would be the two you find laughing it up with the other team....

20. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Seven years of failure and this team's learned nothing. They repeat the Philly game over and over and over. Does anybody really think seven more years is going to be enough the hammer the lesson in?

Break up the core and regroup. What we saw tonight are the Rockets as they really are.