1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Hate of T-Mac on this board

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coolblade587, Jan 26, 2009.

1. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

So, you can't trust the starters, so you have to play the bench.

Does that really make sense?

2. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

The Rockets were playing extremely well before McGrady came back from injury. The whole point of "we wouldn't even had been close if Tmac was not playing" is moot.

3. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

i expect tmac and his great court vision to stop jacking up three pointers while everyone else just stands around to wait for what he does.

i expect tmac to freaking move with out the effing ball and improve the offense and the rest of the players around him instead of just dribbling the effing air out of the ball!

Is that too much too ask, even for a player that is not at a hundred percent, but yet still effing expects the ball everyone time!

tell me coolblade is that too much of an expecation for you too!

4. Dkny_112

Dkny_112 Member

No doubt about it. Most of these posters hate solely for the purposes of hating. Its quite sad really and makes the GARM almost unbearable lately.

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Kids like you get the wrong idea about what clutchfans is or what we allow here. Go somewhere else.

6. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

T-Mac could drive his SUV through a schoolyard and you guys would be talking about how he needs better sunglasses.

7. joesr

joesr Member

so you can predict games now? if wafer was to start your saying he would have his as usual great 1st half?

for those who say he is better then ron will i sure as hell hope so with the 2.2x pay.

for those who say what more do you expect? i expect a 21 mil player to give us a 21mil player, he isnt the only superstar to be hurt and to be coming back from days off he should be more then good to go.

with no practices under his belt? wtf are you moron. he and ron have been practicing a few games before coming into a real game.

a lot of you are saying tmac are keeping us in the game
    i agree (but disagree if you are to think he is the only one) I think the bench are doing better but they arent doing it alone
    but i also agree with wafers recent play, wafer would have provided the same (assuming he plays the same) so to make this an argument is pitiful and to curse behind it is meaningless

8. MD_in_Training

Way to take that literally...
    But, if you want to analyze it like that, then yes, we are indeed paying Tmac's salary collectively as Houston Rockets fans. The source of the team's revenue is the fans, ultimately. And, given said revenue, the team is allotting a large portion of it to pay Tmac. If Tmac doesn't perform up to par with his salary, then he is impeding the success of this team, because we aren't able to use the limited cap space to sign another player who has the potential to help this team.
    It's not Tmac's fault that he has a max contract, but it is entirely within the rights of the fans to be dissatisfied with his performance to date. And if part of his poor performance is due to his lack of effort, then the fans have even more right.

9. Landlord Landry

hipocrisy.

it's no secret around here that you don't trust em either.

10. bigthree08

bigthree08 Member

you see most of these bash on tmac are done by yao ming fans
    its important to them that yao is the man on the team
    sad

11. Mr Chuck Norris

Tracy Could walk a old lady across the street and you would be arguing how he's not walking in a straight line

12. MD_in_Training

Wrong. When was Yao even brought up in an attempt to belittle Tmac's worth? Until you, that is.

13. Miguel45

Miguel45 Member

get off t-macs nuts ididot he killed the motion offence he went 7-20 played bad defence and missed clutch shots

14. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

You do know Yao is missing the last two games right? Grow a brain.

15. bigthree08

bigthree08 Member

shut up yao ming fan
    be a team player and support the rockets
    this is what is so wrong about this board
    its either you are on tmac's side or yao's side

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hate?

I don't hate Tmac...but I HATE the way he plays, and drags his teamates down with his ball hogging and stagnant ways.

The team is better with Wafer, it is a better more efficient team.

I don't care if it his knee or his attitude, or whatever....but when Galliani is blowing by you, and you can't get by NBA scrubs on the perimeter, it is time to sit down.

Tmac doesn't have it....and until he does, his play should be limited.

PERIOD !!

DD

17. Dkny_112

Dkny_112 Member

Did you watch the game DD? He got to the lane just fine - just had a problem with finishing - which - will come with time.

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

He hit 2 clutch shots, but then our team decided not to go to him after that and instead allowed Rafer and Artest to shoot.

Clutch is a clutch for a reason, when a guy is on fire, you feed him, the Rockets failed to do that.

I think the board has reached a point where apologists are portrayed as delusional when the haters are as blind as them.

19. MD_in_Training

Can some mod ban this fool?

20. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Did you read his post? The issue isn't T-Mac going to the lane. The issue is T-Mac being a ball stopper.