1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any more questions about whose team this is?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 2rings, Jan 26, 2009.

1. 2rings

2rings Member

Not only is Yao the most efficient scorer on the team, at this point he is the only rocket that can get a decent shot in the half court offense (except for flashes from landry and scola). Not to mention the complete lack of interior defense without Yao. A little scary how much we can bog down without him.

2. cowboy2649

cowboy2649 Member

this yao's team, no doubt.
    I am think of big Yao now.
    But he didn't play because today is Chinese new year..
    don't worry guys, we will beOK when yao is back.
    Happy Chinese new year!! :p

3. Miguel45

Miguel45 Member

Yao team for sure no more questions even if someone has a better game than him here or there it is ovious he is the best player on the team and the offence will continue to run though him.

4. 1individual

1individual Member

This team is Artest's, period. :D

5. Landlord Landry

There is no doubt whos team this is. It's the injury bugs team. Plain and simple.

6. rocketsmetalspd

The Dream has always stated this team should be Yao's team to lead. Yao needs to step up and take charge from here on out.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

TMac is just a shell of his former self, he is slower than dirt with the ball.....

Wafer should have been in late.

DD

8. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Did Yao ever get an MRI?

I assume not since nothing was reported. Or maybe they're still waiting for the results??

9. cowboy2649

cowboy2649 Member

Yao's team, can't agree more.
    let him take a rest in the Chinese new year.
    now he's on vacation with his wife .
    He's prepare for the play off. haha^-^

10. bamtonio

bamtonio Member

....for artest

11. mich

mich Member

This is Yao's team period.

12. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

I believe he is fine. He wanted to play in the Pistons game but Keith Jones held him out.

13. God's Son

God's Son Member

no there is no more question: this is rick adelmans team PERIOD!

his system has hurt two of his three big players cause they just cant play in his system of "every1 touches the ball on every possession"

iam not blaming adelman but rox just have to decide: its either his system with only yao as the ball stopper on offense OR its jvg system where tmac controls the ball and runs the offense as in years past

at this stage of there careers i say let tmac and artest leave and just rebuild with adelman system around yao and rest of role players like rox did in 94

its not players fault u cant ask a leopard to change it colors (see iverson) u either fit the system to ur players or get the players that fit ur system. rox problem is they refuse to do either one and are stuck in a state of confusion and denial

too much incompatability with rox big three and adelman running the show

just trade tmac after this season and artest before the trade deadline and lets cut the drama and move on

14. 2rings

2rings Member

I didnt hear of an MRI specifically, but I did hear of an x-ray which came up negative

15. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

This team will go as far as Yao carries us. Screw Tmac and Artest

16. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Yea, my concern is that I don't believe X-rays pick up bone bruises (which despite the term "bruise" can put a player out of commission for weeks or months), torn ligaments, a torn meniscus, etc...

His knee reportedly swelled up a lot within an hour or two after the knee bump. That kind of swelling usually indicates something serious to my knowledge.

17. dave18

dave18 Member

it doesn't matter whose team it is. The key is teamplay, good ball moving. When we are not playing at good pace, it's 1 against 5, and we don't have anything to compete with the better teams in the league. And look at those best teams in the league. They all play very nice teamwork.

18. ibm

ibm Member

why do we care whose team this is? (probably s/b yao's i agree :cool: ) but to me i just want to see some winning bball being played.

19. boby

boby Member

What the f*** is wrong with you about all your Chinese new year obsession?

20. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Yao's team or not, this team just does have a chemistry to win a NBA title. A big trade or a change of the coach? The problem is that both are less likely to happen, so just follow a playoff team which is trying to pass the first round, no more, and no less.