1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For those Who hate Tracy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lazy McGrady, Jan 23, 2009.

Tags:
  1. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Thanks! You must be reading my mind!
    I couldn't have said it better, are you psychic?
    You must live in Houston..

2. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

hating on T Mac is becoming a past time around here man, but i'm pretty sure when i say that most if not all the people hating T Mac for not coming back faster from knee surgery have never had knee surgery themselves, so their argument is rather weak, they refer to other players who come back fast from surgery, but this knee injury thing is no joke, so yeah, i'm talking about this issue from a personal point of view, i've had knee injury, and it's an annoying one cuz it's a day to day thing, but hopefully TMac comes back and turns the hate into "apprecation threads" like he usually does.

3. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Yes, Tracy's teams have sucked, the worst, yes. And yes you're team can suck and still make the playoffs in the East. Sorry..

4. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

well to be fair without him they were the worst team. None of them even play in the NBA any more.

5. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

that's was i was thinking.

6. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

So you say "who cares what McGrady did in Orlando," but you can't erase from your mind what he did in Toronto?

You don't care what he has done in Rockets' playoff games?

Selective memory perhaps? Someone determined to find only faults usually succeeds.

I have been a major fan of the Rockets since '92. But even I feel it is too easy to overrate "winners" and condemn "losers." Only one team wins the championship every year, which means there are 29 teams full of "losers" every year. That's 97% of the league!

7. djimi

djimi Member

i dont think most of the people here hates t-mac hate t-mac that badly, the perfect quote from some where is this :

"T-mac is a good player who could be great but just didnt show the effort to make himself great. Plus he makes 21mil a year."

lets face it, he's no Kobe or Lebron or CP3 or D-wade. he did show glimpse of it throughout his career with Houston like the that 13pts spurt he showed against the Spurs but being paid that high, he should bring it on every night. he could have been held back by injuries (back/knee) but being paid 21mil and the franchise player, no excuses is acceptable to the fans.

im willing to give him a chance to prove himself again this post-season. if he makes it past the 1st round, then good for him and for us, if he doesnt, then just let him play out his final year contract and we get to clear 22mil and focus on a new franchise player. or we could trade him next year. either way, we're not gonna get a decent player by trading him now when he's at his lowest. so lets swing some support for him to come back and prove himself again to us. im not an individual fan, im a Houston Rockets fan and i just want my team to do well. im sure all of us do

8. realtmacfans

realtmacfans Member

The same to YAO fans!

9. benvolio

benvolio Member

I don't hate T-Mac...but he's just not ever going to be the player who put up 13 pts and 35 sec again.

10. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

thread for losers!!!!

11. DtJohnKimbell

DtJohnKimbell Member

I have said it before i will say it again all thats in the past you want me to bring up videos of deke when he use to be good on offense and would drop 15 to 20 a night, thats the past man this is basketball this is what can you do for me now not what did you do for me years ago

12. Landlord Landry

13. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

To me it comes down to the star player. That player is lacking qualities of a winner. In Tmac case he can put up points, but when the game is on the line he becomes small. Garnett was the same way in Minnesota.

14. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

CASE CLOSED

15. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

The fourth quarter is where the game is won. It's on me where are you? That's why he hasn't gotten out the first round.

16. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

It is true about Garnett, not about Tmac. You have selective memory about him. When he was the focus of the offense he would always take the last shot (Van Gundy era). People around here complained that he shot too much.

I dare you to say that Tmac doesn't take enough shots in the 4th quarter and I'll come back with some stats for you.

I bet you for every person on this board that thinks Tmac doesn't do enough, there one that thinks that he tries to do too much. That's why you can't satisfy everybody in life. I guarantee you that if he comes back and starts jacking it up, you'll complain about that too.

It's one of those age old problems like is it the chicken or the egg, Bermuda Triangle, Kobe and his mistress ;)

17. macfan

He has gotten out of the first round because he said "it's on me"?

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kobe can screw all the teenage hotel workers he wants, he's still better than mcgrady.. ever was.

Oh yeah, Kevin Garnett. He made it to the WCF against the Lakers and won MVP.

His point guard was Sam Cassell.

19. macfan

WRONG again. Out of the 4 quarters, statistically the first one is the most important one.

20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

The problem with him has never been whether or not he shoots too much. Its his shot selection.