1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you want Yao Ming to sit out the all star game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OCballfan, Jan 23, 2009.

Tags:
  1. djimi

djimi Member

if the injury isnt bad then i think he should play. no player should sit out any game on purpose if they are fit to play, this kinda things will even out, injuries happens no matter how careful one can be, its just part of the game. lets hope Yao's injury isnt too serious, he's on a roll and only an injury can spoil his roll.

the situation in Phoenix is a good example of wat some of u fans here want, those fans that keep saying, trade Shane, trade T-mac, Trade Ron, Fire RA. phoenix used to be a really good team but they decided to change players and coach, im not saying they're a lousy team or Porter is a bad coach, its just that, big changes like that requires time for it to work. it doesnt happen overnight. similar with the Ron trade, its gonna still take time for all our players to gel once we get everyone together.

2. blender

blender Member

I agree. Personally, I find the ASG pretty meaningless, but that's show business, I guess.

3. jlwee

jlwee Member

This Lakers fan hope yao will sit so his beloved Bynum will start!

4. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

If you're healthy, you should play because it's for the FANS. If you're healthy and choose not to play, then what's the point of All-Star game?? Just pointless.

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

I don't think it's a matter of "should he play". He will play if his knee's fine. He will sit out if the situation hasn't improved until the game.

That said, a part of me do hope he'll exaggerate his injury until the all-star break's over. It's not just the game, but actually going to the festivities and interviews and everything that can drain a player. Much better to sit at home and either rest or work out.

But knowing Yao and his status, I'm guessing there's very little chance he'll miss the game.

6. thiuronium

thiuronium Member

Yes. Rest Yao as much as we can!

7. Asian Sensation

Let him rest now till after the all star weekend. He has been carrying quite the load lately and I'm sure he can use a nice break. He has to be fatigued/tired and I think it would do a lot of benefit for him to take a few weeks off. I get worried when we overuse Yao as he is very susceptible to serious injuries when he is overplayed.

8. Bustnani

Bustnani Member

yes, the all star game and all the hype is so boring, I don't even watch

9. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Yes, of course yes. But I don't expect him to miss, he is voted so he should start.

Remember what Kobe did last year? Yao should do the same. Start the game, play first 5 minutes and than sit on the bench.

10. Tommy

Tommy Member

no biggy...

11. MandM's

MandM's Member