1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is everyone ok w/ Yao and not T-Mac?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aggie 99, Jan 15, 2009.

1. DtJohnKimbell

DtJohnKimbell Member

Horrible thread I dont know what games your watching, you cant get upset with a 7 footer who even takes charges for his team thats how commited he is, lock this thread down and boot the guy who made

2. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Based on the fact that he played in a game in early October, your earlier statement about him being unable to train (versus workout or exercise) is for crap. He very clearly could have done so, at least during the preseason. Given your inability to even spell athletics, I'd go easy on throwing mud on what people understand. I fully comprehend the difference.

3. MFW

MFW Member

Are you stupid or something? No that's not an insult, that is an actual question. I'm dumbfounded that somebody could possess your intelligence.

Yao carried the Olympic torch, got the commercials, is the most popular athlete because he is good. Guess what, he got drafted first because he's good too. If he averaged 5 and 2 he'd be tossed to the curb like the next scrub.

Are we talking about the $10 mil Nike shoe contract he got AFTER those such as Bill Walton and Pete Newell said he could ball and got tons of potential; AFTER he played for the Olympics and blocked 3 shots against the Dream Team; AFTER some scouts projected that he'll go in the lottery?

If he didn't do those, shoe nazi says "no contract for you. Next!"

Btw, know who else got shoe contracts from Nike? Apparently six year olds.

4. MFW

MFW Member

You know what, I checked again, I don't even know why the $10 mi figure was stuck in my head. It was a 4 year $200K Nike deal.

Boy, Yao sure pulled a lot of endorsements before playing in the NBA.

5. Roxxx4life

Roxxx4life Member

Maybe because Yao is playing and contributing to the team...

6. i3artow i3aller

You could definately argue that Yao is not having the season that we all expected of him, but to compare his play to that of McGradys is a complete joke as well as a waste of time.

Yao needs more touches! Yes it's on him to demand the ball, but shouldn't the team already know that. Yao can't get himself the ball. He can only establish position.

Yao does need to be more aggressive out there, and it pains me whenever I see him hold the ball low.

Considering he is getting used to a lot of new guys out there on the court, and is just getting back to speed himself one should be applauding his effort and his play thus far. Minus the two point shot when they needed a three vs LA which was downright stupid.

7. landryfans

landryfans Member

Because of a track record of being me-Mac, lazy-Mac and quitter-Mac, wasn't that enough? And Yao being pretty much opposite.

Are you from Mars? :confused:

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because Yao plays hard, has a heart, and has pride in being a rocket...

He does NOT EVER quit on his teammates...

9. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Yao EFF + 23.03 Ranks #14

McGrady EFF + 15.61 Rank #82

Not close at all.

10. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I am *** support but don't get me wrong i am not biased because i do criticize Yao when i see it. In fact, i criticize anybody that i feel don't play up to their potential or just don't have it. Remember that 1 game we lost at home to one of those sorry azz teams??? I was pissed with Yao no question about it...he was not being himself and playing below average which is the reason the team lost...no doubt about it, HE IS the reason the team lose that game. So i went on the board and trash his azz. I trashed when it's fair...i don't make pointless criticism...doesn't' make sense.

So when i see Tmac being lazy on the court and not playing with effort and heart, you could just tell it. In fact, i have been suspicious of Tmac effort even when he's healthy...he just doesn't show me the hunger and will and determination to take over game like Kobe and James do. And so because he's such an injured-prone player, it makes it even more frustrating. Do you really trust this guy?? Who does not have the smart to drive and take over game when they have to?? Who like to take happy jump shot after jump shot?? Who doesn't play a lick of defense and ask his teammates to step up their D?

And what makes you think that when he's healthy that he's not going to be injured again? If you're injured-prone, you're injured-prone. Look at Karl Malone, he never miss a DAMM game in his entire career!! ENTIRE fkng CAREER!! Well, maybe one or two games here and there. But the guy is durable!! Why??? Because he's not lazy and don't have lazy mentality man and is determine to play the game right. Tmac relaxation mentality is what lead to his many injuries.

11. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

yeah the guy who shoots 50% from the field, 88% from the line, rebounds and gives consistent effort is the root of the problem :rolleyes:

Its amazing that you forget about Rafer Alston who is arguably the worst player to ever start in the NBA.

12. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Uh, don't forget that Ryan Bowen has started several playoff games.

13. blackistan

blackistan Member

So it's Yao's fault the ball came into him? Nope its the pg who runs the play and it was his mistake to even pass the ball into Yao. As much as I love AB that last play was on him.

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

This thread got me thinking about how I feel about T-Mac and Yao.

T-Mac I like simply due to his association with the team. He's someone whose antics I put up with because even the lazy T-Mac is still very good, and even while whining he can help the Rockets succeed. But now that he's NOT playing at a high level, I find myself quickly turn on him. Because I don't feel attached to him at any other level.

Yao is someone I just simply respect. I like the way he carries himself, the way he practices, the way he plays, and treat his teammates. Even if someday Yao can only put up 10/5 a game because of injuries or whatnot, I'd still root for him because at least I know he tries his best. And in the end, that's all I can hope for from a player.

15. jondoe

jondoe Member

Yeah, its hard not to cheer for a guy that gives his all, is loyal to the rox, and has always been humble. His flaws makes him human.
    I like tmac too, except when he dogs it.

16. efly

efly Member

At least Yao works hard, if the team lose he would be sure very disappionted. But T-Mac...

17. efly

efly Member

Man I totally can not understand you logic!
    Yao is the most influential people in China because he can get average 20+10 in NBA, he carries Chinese basketball team playing good in Olymipcs, and has no negative news. That's the root. Total five Chinese in NBA (WangZhizhi, Bater, Yao, Yi, Sun), but only Yao is a symbol, do you know why?

18. bleh12345

bleh12345 Member

Great post. I agree completely with what you said.

19. le081488

le081488 Member

this thread sucks...

oh wait, that explains it, your an aggie

20. realtmacfans

realtmacfans Member

yao do nothing in playoff , tmac is better than yao over last two years.This year is not over ,hard is worth to praising ,but only hard is far from success . Maybe tmac lack energy until now , but his made more contribution than anyone in the past