1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Lakers 105, Rockets 100

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 13, 2009.

1. WillG

WillG Member

I dont know if its been mentioned, but does anyone else think Wafer plays alot like Dwade? Hes like a poor mans Dwade with a better 3 point shot

2. UrlPerlMonroe

UrlPerlMonroe Rookie

Lakers had to put a double coverage on Yao in the 4th. Rockets were short changed to day due to injuries and dramas. When will this team becomes healthy and consistent?

3. rox0607champs

rox0607champs Member

...or why does chuck sometimes have the ball at the end of the shot clock?

4. daernoth

daernoth Member

Biggest problem with this offense particularly in the last few minutes of a game its that it depends too much on the decision making ability of one Rafer Alston.

5. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

One more time:

The Rockets shot a higher fg%.
    The Rockets got more rebounds.
    The Rockets got more bench production.
    Deke scored 4 points!

How could you not love this game? The Rockets are going to build on this, I have no doubt.

6. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

The Rockets played great basketball for 99% of the game. Then they kind of had some brain farts in crunch time. Rafer wants to be the man too badly. Give the team some time to gel and get rolling.

7. The Brian

The Brian Member

why we lost:

1. our point guards: rafer most of all he cost us the win; almost airballs a layup then redeems himself with a rebound only to brick two ft's. brooks shot terribly today and on the last play passes to yao for no reason at all.

2. refs: every charge was called a block; kobe got a lot of calls but he always does.

3. kobe: too clutch. he sank some really tough shots in final possessions after struggling all game.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yao was a non-factor in the 4th quarter... the team doesn't run any motion offense at all in the 4th quarter... the defense is still not there.

9. rox0607champs

rox0607champs Member

i hope they build on it WITHOUT tmac :)

10. guokees

guokees Member

Good game,poor ending.
    Yao should have passed the ball to Brooks!

11. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Yeah, but they ran the motion offense for most of the game. Considering the problems they've been having that's a considerable improvement.

The defense will come as the players get more time with each other. All they have to do is go out and compete hard every night.

12. buptjinhe

buptjinhe Member

Maybe adelman should say "I am not sure why yao was even on count for the last shot"? :confused:

13. roxwin

roxwin Member

that will become turn over

14. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Brooks is the one that passed it to Yao for some reason, and put him in a bad spot.

15. big11

big11 Contributing Member

Wow that's pretty good stat against the Lakers. Now only if we have our killer back!

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

Ariza was on Brooks so I have no clue why we would run him to the corner for a 3. Would of been tough for him to even get that shot off.

17. mrfirefly7

mrfirefly7 Member

There were 4 mistakes during last min. of play. Kobe's 3 was bad shot selection which he made it anyway, but ours mistakes starts from here.

1st: Landry passes his open jump shot.
    2nd: Rafer missed 2 FT
    3rd: last play in bound pass went to Aaron Brooks at the corner where he was cut off and he pass it to Yao.
    4th: Yao shot jump shot with 2.5 sec left.

There was mental breakdown at last min.

18. abc2007

abc2007 Member

No, I don't think he has Dwade's playmaking skills.

He plays more like Monta Ellis.

19. The Brian

The Brian Member

i don't like sitting yao that long.

he sat for so long; i'd like to see him out there with 4 fouls a bit sooner; you can get cold in 20 minutes doing nothing.

20. jfidd11

jfidd11 Member

yao and scola at that, not taking any credit away from landy but i no tha experience scola had would give him more confidence to take a wide open jumer in tha end of the game