1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Aldridge Saying Yao Wants Tracy out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by raheel1560, Jan 13, 2009.

1. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Aldridge never said Yao said he wants Tracy out, a third party said it, which means Yao may never have even said he wants Tracy out, just what the third party got from Yao's vibe.

The article doesn't say that Yao said anything.

2. lalala902102001

Let's see: we've got local media (Chron), national media (Aldrige), out-of-town media (NY Daily), insider poster (Doc Rocket) saying the same thing--there is turnmoil going on inside the locker room, and yet some posters here still refuse to believe it...

3. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

You may be upset at Yao for not playing well (I know I am), but I am never upset at Yao because of lack of effort. If you're killing yourself and your coworker is coasting, doesn't that get you upset? If it happens for long enough, eventually you let your feelings be known.

4. codell

codell Contributing Member

Local media (Fran) is comparing this rumor to a supermarket tabloid. And he is a confirmed T-Mac hater.

5. Asian Sensation

Quoted for the M'Fing TRUTH.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I think the quote from the 'scout' is telling -- it's what many of us have noticed over the past two years -- Tracy is aging rapidly.

He is a ten year vet and is old at 29 -- the bumps and bruises are just going to get worse (as will the excuses).

7. Koncept_Rocket

Maybe Yao meant he wanted Tmac out... on the court. :D

8. blender

blender Member

I don't disbelieve Aldridge, but I do question his source.

Has this "extremely plugged-in person" heard Yao say specifically "I want McGrady traded"? Or is it just his interpretation of the tension between the two players?

After all, Yao can be extremely pissed at McGrady, but that doesn't necessarily mean Yao's close to making trade demands.

Aldridge's source may truly believe Yao wants McGrady out, but he might just be misjudging the tensions and emotions in the Rockets organization.

It's hard to tell by this article at least.

9. KingCheetah

At this point anyone who doesn't think there isn't in-house turmoil is deluding themselves.

If Tracy can blow off a game like he did against the Raptors in front of god and millions watching on TV -- imagine what he is doing in practice.

10. mbiker

mbiker Member

You are 100% right. If most of the people who post on clutchfans are disappointing with Tracy imagine what his co-workers think. Players are going to go to management and complain.

11. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I guarantee whatever quote being referenced is either exaggerated, taken out of context or both. This is completely out of character for Yao. I understand Aldridge has proven to be a credible source but again, I highly doubt that Yao maliciously, straight up said "I WANT HIM OUT". He probably hinted at being frustrated and said something to the effect of, "I want him out until he's ready to play again". If anything.

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

What pisses me off is with Tracy's skills and body he has the ability to be a very, very good player even without his athleticism if he would just get his mind right. Which he won't.

13. KingCheetah

Absolutely, he is embarrassed that he can't finish at the rim anymore -- he wants throw down monster dunks, but now he has to lay it in.

This drives him crazy.

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Some of you are just plain ignorant. RIF: Reading is Fundamental.

You act like Aldridge is reporting that Yao went to Morey and Adelman and said, "I want that muhfu**a OUT!"

Yao has his faults, but he usually plays well. If he got half the respect he deserves from the refs, with his free throw shooting, ironically, he'd be in the top 5 in scoring (blown dunks and all). If Houston let it be known they wanted to trade him, they would get phone calls from about, oh, I don't know, about 29 NBA teams.

Yao does WANT to win, and he does care. Tmac has ALWAYS needed a fire lit under his a$$. Now he's on the downside and tried to coast on talent alone but should have rehabbed in the summer; now he's a twenty-one million dollar millstone around the neck of the franchise, and still we have Tmac apologists here.

You've seen Yao glowering on the bench when he was taken out of blowout games. He's mad. He has every right to be. If Tmac gave half a s**t, he might have come back in shape for the season---or closer to it.

Yao doesn't have to be perfect, nor does he have to do a "call-out" to management, to somehow convey that Tmac is a burden.

15. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

bingo. and pretty soon, I think it will come to a head. enough has leaked now to where the team is going to need to address it soon.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

david aldridge is definitely a credible source. that dude is a class act.
    so damn! this must be true.

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

So if a paper in Spokane, Washington reports on the turmoil in Houston, its "national media" and they HAD to have seen something?

You think if the Houston paper speculated on turmoil in the New York Yankees clubhouse they'll give a crap what Houston has to say? I know local papers have to be "safer" with what they write to not damage their image, and out-of-state doesn't have to be protective. But I'm not gonna give them the benefit of the doubt that they did their homework.

Still, David Aldridge is generally a credible respected person. Gonna have to say its at least 85% legit

18. bluesinsoul

bluesinsoul Member

by missing more games including playoffs??

19. KingCheetah

Yes, Yao has had his troubles with injuries -- but when he is hurt he works his ass off to come back strong (see Olympics).

It pisses him off when he sees Tracy half assing it in practice and rehab when he could work hard and help the team.

Yao is about team -- Tracy is all about himself.

20. GMAC

GMAC Member

I dont believe it for a second. We all know what kind of person Yao Ming is. He'd never say something like that behind his teammate's back.