1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

downright disgusted

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Ferrarii

Ferrarii Member

I keep losing respect for dull clutchfans, day by day. These atrocious threads need to go. Enjoy the damn win and stop whining.

2. landryfans

landryfans Member

Shane has credit, a lot credit.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

LOL ... the popcorn line was funny, I'll give you that. :D

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Awesome, go start your Chuck Hayes thread, and I will be there backing you up, as long as you remain truthful that is.....

Whining about the whiners....brilliant strategy that will make the board so much better.

DD

5. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

What's that got to do with work ethic and professional reputation among peers?

I didn't say Shane is on Tmac's level talent wise. Please reread my post.

6. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Not quitting?

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

dude, tracy's not sitting on the bench and not always cheering has happened before? when he had his injuries in 05-06, he rarely sat on the bench. when he did, it was like the same today.

last yr, he did the same thing. people wondered why he never sat on the bench with the team.

why is it a big deal NOW all of a sudden? so suddenly now there's friction? there wasn't friction in previous years?

8. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

That's because he's the Rockets best player.

9. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

LMMFAO.

10. t_mac1

shane's a professional, i'll give you that. but work ethic? 6-8 guy that has zero offensive skills? got drafted 6th?

if shane had work ethic, he would have more offensive skills than von wafer.

11. LngHrn07

LngHrn07 Member

He needs to go? He clearly sucks now? Whats up with all the negativity huh?

The fact of the matter still remains, McGrady has been here when his team needs him the most. In 2007, Yao goes down, people expected that to be a big blow to the Rockets, but it wasn't. McGrady averaged 30/7/7/47% at one point while leading the team to a 20-10 record, and his assist percentage was soaring with a league leading among players that don't play the PG position 35.7%. He showed up last year, when Yao goes down for the rest of the season, Rockets might have not even made the playoffs, at one point before his shoulder got hurt his shooting percentage was up to 44% (his highest since '03). And then in the playoffs, with his teammates not playing on par, he exceeded expectations of everyone putting up 27/7/7/42% His mentality has always been an issue, but he isn't the problem and the main reason that's keeping this team from going ahead, and you guys have to realize that when that fire strikes back, this team is going to be a whole different ball club. For crying out loud since the Rockets acquired T-Mac, in games he doesn't play the Rockets only have a 30 % winning percentage. Give him time, I hate the bashing, and he deserves to be criticized because he shouldn't be suiting up for ball games at all, but give him his chance. Every year this team starts out slow, but ends up awesome in the middle of the season they make a huge run. And tonight Rick Adelman showed how this team can execute against even the best in the league, give this team its chance. Because mark my words, come February and March; this will be a whole different ball game.

12. DaDakota

100% false....a TMac led team is doomed to failure. Now a team that has Tmac as one of it's best players playing with effort is awesome.

And also, if they trade Tmac, the team could get better, it depends upon whether the incomming pieces fit in with the overall team dynamic better....it is not Tracy or bust...there are other options.

Yep yep, and there IS friction, no doubt about it.

DD

13. vince100

vince100 Member

Best post, indeed.

14. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

I called it, the perfect Rockets win and someone just had to bring up a negative on McGrady.

...but because he wasn't cheerleading hard enough?

um

huh

ok, let's trade him for someone that can. McGrady for Turiaf straight up, screw the cap rules.

15. Frodo

Frodo Contributing Member

You are right there is lot of positives to talk about then this.

However, for those who cares, Tracy was the first one to congratulate Yao after his put back in the end.

This was cut off during the game, but during the post game highlights this was shown.

16. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Seriously..

17. t_mac1

sure as far as this year, i agree with a lot of people (including DD's) criticism of tracy's play. he has SUCKED this year. he really needs to get his act together on the basketball court.

what i'm surprised about is the OP actually creating a new thread regarding this?

18. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

How so? McGrady has given more to this franchise since he's been here than anyone else on the roster.

19. DaDakota

Northside in all honesty, did you get excited when Von hit that 3 ball? If you were on the bench wouldn't you be happy that your team is probably going to break out of it's slump against the world champions on their home floor?

I mean honestly? A good teamate would and should be excited....something is not right between Tmac and the team....clearly.

DD

20. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

I don't know, was there?

The theory is as follows: T-Mac's bad for team chemistry. He doesn't play and the team comes out and plays its heart out. The Chronicle is reporting that Yao's pissed off, that Adelman and Morey are sitting down with the guy behind closed doors, that T-Mac's teammates are confronting him about his lack of effort. T-Mac decides to take two weeks off. T-Mac decides to play only one game of back to backs.

By itself the fact that he kept his ass planted on the bench after Wafer hit that three doesn't seem like a lot. With all of the other crap that's going on it looks like the final nail in the coffin.