1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Stop complaining.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tofu--, Jan 6, 2009.

1. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Okay I've had enough of this crap.

Our team is playing like complete and utter ass right now. The T-Mac situation is unnecessary drama and we're unable to hold our own with teams we should be winning against. And tonight's effort on defense was laughable-- I have no idea how many dunks we gave up. Our offense still looks like a joke and Brooks, who was supposed to be our spark, has gone MIA for the past few games.

But let's chill. Seriously.

Playoffs aren't tomorrow. Two of our best wing defenders are out with injuries. Adelman has not had the chance to use a full roster and our guys haven't had the time to gel. I know that as Rockets fans we tend to overemphasize things, but holy mackerel, what were you guys honestly expecting? That we'd be able to win all these games? I mean, as soon as I watch T-Mac being lazy on defense or Yao turning the ball over and over again or Rafer having another of his 4-13 nights, my expectations aren't exactly soaring. We're not at the stage that we CAN win right now. We don't have all our weapons and the league is just flat out tough. I'm disgusted at how many back to backs we have and how it seems like, for the most part, the guys are just going through the motions out there for who knows what reasons.

But let's try and wait it out. Mutumbo is back as a solid locker room presence and Battier is projected to be back next week. Somewhere in Morey's laboratory, with the hum of high powered processors crunching numbers, he's assessing possibility for any moves he can make and how much longer he can wait out on this team. Everyone on our team, I'm sure, genuinely cares and genuinely wants to win, which has been exhibited by the noted frustration of players in the recent news articles. T-Mac has obviously been a distraction, but we're going to have to wait on him for the time being to see if he's going to commit. That's all there is to it.

We CAN change, gosh darn it. I want to believe that our team will get their intensity back. And if we're still losing with a half-decent roster, well, then maybe it's time we start pissing and moaning. But right now we're still building up the foundation and until we can get all our tools back I don't see the point of us announcing the end of our playoff run just yet.

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

if they don't turn it around this month, it's over. Even if they make the playoffs, they won't win unless their opponents fear and or respect them. Right, now they have no respect and are not feared. I don't see that changing anytime soon. Don't tell me about injuries, because that's a broken record.

3. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

...uh what?

This forum was built to complain after hard losses and to rub noses in when the team is doing great. If we didn't complain or argue about other people's complaints or discuss trade ideas that are complaints in disguise, there would be about two threads, and they'd both be started by DD and they'd both start something like this "So guys, remember VSpan? I do and..."

i kinda get your point though. Some people are making this more dramatic then it should be, but the recent losses kinda did really suck, injuries or not, so it's understandable.

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

We're good enough, we're smart enough, and doggone it, people like us!

[​IMG]

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You are just complaining about the complaining. Its all the same thing IMO.

6. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

WIN lol

7. maopaopao

maopaopao Member

The NBA final teams already being decided by the league. It makes no different for Rockets play first round or second round.