1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doc Rocket follow up...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bigbodymoe, Jan 6, 2009.

1. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

This thread really is getting churned up with speculation, but I wouldn't say it's been as amusing as the apologists systematically getting their spins blown up over and over as each hammer has fallen the past two months.

Chill out! It's only one game!
    Chill out! He always has bad Novembers!
    Chill out! Our doctors suck!
    Chill out! He's injured!
    Chill out! The knee won't allow him to play like himself!
    Chill out! Rafer sucks!
    Chill out! He always plays well in the playoffs!
    Chill out! Adelman sucks!
    Chill out! This rehab talk is nothing but LIES!
    Chill out! Feigen wasn't calling him out at all!
    Chill out! He's going to prove all his critics wrong!
    Chill out! He wasn't mailing it in at Cleveland!
    Chill out! Rafer wasn't calling him out!
    Chill out! He promised to play with intensity!
    Chill out! The fans are reading too much into the situation!
    Chill out! Blinebury's making it up!
    Chill out! He needed more shots!
    Chill out! He SAYS he's going to have the last laugh!

I mean.....WOW.

2. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

For whatever reason T-Mac's fan club has always been pretty rabid about defending the guy. It's amazing to me that they're still sticking up for him when just about everybody else, including the vast majority of the veteran posters on this board, have washed their hands of him.

3. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Chill out! You guys are just haters!

4. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

Doc,

I just have 1 question, is A trade imminent THIS SEASON? do we have any hope that he'll somehow magically turn it on and we can get on a wild run like last year?

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Because of Okafor's BYC status (according to ESPN trade machine), this doesn't work. Plus, would Charlotte do it? They would be clearing a bunch of cap space, but they've had that before, no?

The below would work, and would certainly be enticing enough for Charlotte to do, because it is a serious money saver, but conversely, it absolutely kills the Rockets from a salary/luxury cap perspective.

Tracy, Scola, Von Wafer, Luther

for

Gerald, Emeka, Matt Carroll, Nazr Mohammed

Lineup:
    PG: Alston, Brooks
    SG: Wallace(?), Carroll
    SF: Artest, Battier, Wallace
    PF: Okafor, Landry
    C: Yao, Nazr, Deke

the problem is that off Battier, Artest, McGrady, who are all injured, McGrady is the only one who truly should play two-guard, though Battier and Artest can.

that's why any trade for Rip would be enticing. he is a true 2 guard.

6. tariq

tariq Member

Jake Voskuhl is from houston, Strake Jesuit high school. So both guys would be "coming back to where it started"

7. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Can I get a quick recap on who Doc Rocket is?

And please, please please no Tmac for anyone else than Vince Carter or a combo of Rip + Someone.
    I mean, c'mon! Bargnani and Oneal? You guys can't be serious! They s**k! Same for Felton and Okafor, thats why they are in ****ty teams!

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

McGrady and someone (I wish Alston, but they wouldn't do it) for Calderon/J. O'Neal...Toronto's record is worse than ours and they are actually more desperate to get rid of O'Neal than we are with McGrady, and McGrady is still the best talent in the deal by far.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Doc Rocket is heypartner's daddy.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That's interesting. I'm not sure if it makes us better, but it could be a lateral move.

11. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Ok....not to be the a$$ here, but has Doc, or any other "insider" posting in this thread ever had the early scoop about anything? I'm not calling anyone out....but I want to know someone has some clout/past history before getting into what I read here. Because if not....then what is the point of this thread?

I'm trying to differentiate legit scoops from Real GM type rumors....

12. Ismail

Ismail Member

From my lurker days, he was a notable insider who would leak information now and then in really cryptic messages that the BBS would flip out trying to decipher. You just saw how everyone is speculating over "COLD" in his post, just imagine a bunch of sentences filled with that sort of thing (maybe his post really does have more than what we think?).

Little things like capitalization of certain words, etc., are things to look at. And also what Sir Jackie Chiles said. I think I am gonna reread Doc Rocket's post.

13. caneks

caneks Rookie

Whatever it would be, it is time to cut the lose and move on.

14. BasketballReasons

Wow this is cOOL :cool: I want to be like Doc :D

Anyways, on what he said, it could be really simplier
    We where talking about McGrady, what if this was not about a trade, but about how he feel's, in the inside. I mean, the guy is maybe following team thereapy or whatever, and maybe Doc has some info on the fact that he is really really touched morally, and that this is going to get even worse on his game and life.

Anyways, I wish this wasn't about a trade, because none of the one's people around hear have been proposing are interesting... Oneal and Bargnani? Please, anyone except Bosh in Toronto is just crap...

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I will give you one example,another insider (Popeye) posted that Steve Francis was coming to Houston from Vancouver even before anyone in the press even knew about it. No one in the Houston Chronicle knew about it either. You can look this up from the Clutchfans archives.
    Doc Rocket told us that Tracy McGrady was coming from Orlando and has told us other things that have come true as well.

16. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

im sticking with mcgrady. hes not done.

17. Ismail

Ismail Member

I might be over analyzing, I probably am, but why is "Letter" capitalized?

If "COLD" is worth looking at, is "YOU?" Is "Iam" a typo, or is it purposeful?

"HIS" worth looking at? and "COLD," obviously.

I would think Jake Voshkul from Toronto. . not many Jakes in the league. Plus they're shopping O'neal.

18. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Doc Rocket is a much needed injection of life into the GARM.

19. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

I hope Morey can somehow land us Calderon...

20. BasketballReasons

Could by on the inside, it would be Tracy, having a fire, a flame, that he is ready to explode, because of the pressure?

Baaah I think i'm trying to hard, Doc, I need a hint here..