1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which draft candidate will free-fall on draft day?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by giddyup, Apr 18, 2002.

1. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I don't mean necessarily drop to the second round. Maybe a projected Top 6 who slips to 11 or a Top 15 who lasts until pick #22.

2. lpbman

lpbman Member

I think Gooden could fall to 7-8
    Jefferies to 10-12
    Haslip goes lottery

3. hoopgod13

hoopgod13 Contributing Member

I think Kareem Rush drops like a rock. The guy has a great jumper, but no real handle. He'll drop to the 20s...if he decides to stay in the draft.

4. Live

Live Member

Jeffries, Marcus, and Rush.

5. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Amare Stoudamire

6. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

I don't think Rush will fall all that much, but I don't think anybody was expecting him to go top 10 to begin with. I still think he'll go in 15-20 range.

Although he kind of had a disappointing season this year compared to last, he impressed me further with his play. We always knew he was a scorer, but this season proved he could get others involved as well.

7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dajuan Wagner -

From what I've heard, at least some NBA scouts don't quite think of him as top of lotto material.

Posible:
    Melvin Ely
    Stoudamire
    Caron Butler

These three guys have had some 'personality problems' in the past. When teams hire their PI's if there's some dirt there that they've managed to cover up, or if their personalities aren't quite as 'reformed' as we've been lead to believe, they might drop. Remember the fall of lotto bound Vernon Maxwell on the basis of accusations of cocaine use?

Also, Ely might suffer from the John Wallace syndrome, who droped because he was seen as a lazy senior, with limited additional upside.

Finally, there's always somebody who tanks it in Chicago, and drops like a rock. Who that'll be is anybody's guess.

8. Dave Jamerson

Dave Jamerson Member

I say prince will fall to round two...

9. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I agree with lpbman. I think Gooden dropping will be the biggest surprise, followed by Jefferies.

10. RNuss02

RNuss02 Member

You've got to be kidding me! Wagner will be a bonified top 4 pick. He's a stud. You can't deny that. He's a stronger (not as quick) Iverson. Don't get me wrong, no one is quick as my man A.I., however, since, he's thicker and stronger, Wagner's not QUITE as fast. He can score from anywhere on the floor, will be one of the top 5 ball-handlers in the NBA, and is still a tough, tough defender. Any team wanting to upgrade its roster with a legitimate 20+ ppg scorer has a chance in Wagner. He'll be gone off the board right after Ming, and J-Will at #3.

By the way....Jeffries is my pick to hit rock bottom come draft day. I really don't see how he's regarded or ever got mentioned as a top 10 pick.

Anyone want to take a stab at proving me wrong on Jeffries, so I'll feel better in case the Rockets make him their 5th overall pick???