1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady...Heart, Desire, Confidence, Urgency

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nitro1118, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Tmacfan0115

Tmacfan0115 Member

His Knee isn't finished, but his gargoyle wings are

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1HeQx-sxaP0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1HeQx-sxaP0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

3. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

I think in T-Mac's head, he's overachieving. Think about it. He really shouldn't even be out on the court. He shouldn't even be in the league anymore. When he came out of high school scouts were saying he would only last in the league for about 4 years because of the scoliosis in his back. That's probably also the reason he skipped college. He has scoliosis, back spasms, arthritis and just had knee surgery. Yet he overcame his disabilities and became a top-tier player in the NBA. He's already achieved way more than he thought he could. He's climbed the peaks he didn't think he could climb. That's why I believe he doesn't have that killer instinct and motivation.

LHe knows his body is done and there is nothing he can do about it but he's still out there at least trying to get his game back. That's why I support him. He shouldn't even be out there and yet he is.

4. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

So this is what twilight of a NBA superstar looks like. :(

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You guys are ridiculous. I really need to stop reading the board for a few weeks. Lately, its been worse than a ESPN message board in here. All you bandwagon, fickle so-called Rockets fans just need to stfu

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Sorry wasn't clear. Wasn't trying to bash the thread creator...but some of the responses in this and every other TMac thread are just infuriating.

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

No it did not.

8. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

TMac should read all these messages and do something to stop Rox fans from guessing.

9. blender

blender Member

McGrady has missed chunks of a season due to injury before, but I can't remember a year where he hasn't played healthy from the very beginning of the season.

It's doubly frustrating to watch because IMO this season and the next are the best and last chances for this group to win a ring. The window is closing fast.

10. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

great thread.

11. bbjai

bbjai Member

I think this is a legitimate post. T-mac needs to be the focal point of the offence ALONG with Yao Ming. In fact I think Artest taking shots away from T-mac has been bad. T-mac is close to our best passer, he sets up Yao better then anyone on this team in fact much better then anyone ever has. If healthy his pick and roll with Yao should be money 80% of the time or at least get us a clean look. I think integrating Artest is difficult. The guy is a volume shooter as well. Its not like Boston where KG doesn't need shots, Ray Allen doesn't need shots. T-mac is like Pierce and Pierce more then gets his shots. The problem is Yao is not consistent either, his not a KG where he can create shots himself and he needs the ball. Further more smallball lineups rape him like no tomorrow. Boston's big three works because Ray Allen concedes his shots. He doesn't get many to be honest. I should I know I have him on my fantasy team. But Artest demands the ball as well as putting up some ridiculous shots. His a good player but to be fair I'd much rather having Tracy putting up some of the shots Artest is putting up.

I think RA has a difficult job.