1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Addition by subtraction (Tmac Apologists need not click)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Dec 30, 2008.

?

Would you consider trading Tmac now?

1. Yes - it would be better for the team

346 vote(s)
    58.1%
  2. No - He will come back once he gets right

250 vote(s)
    41.9%
  1. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Joe Johnson is a stud FA

2. RocketFanatic09

Tmac + Battier + Head = Lebron

3. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Just keep that post count at 10 :)

4. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Tracy might be over the hill. But realistically at this point what would you get anyways? If you think McGrady is garbage based on some stereotypes and a couple of bad games, then fine, but at least "sell high."

5. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

That was the mindset a few months ago when we passed on Billups/Prince, and then Wallace/Hamilton. I thought Shaq could have been had a week or two, but now even he's out of reach.

His stock is never going back up.

6. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

That's what everyone said in 2006-2007 before Yao went down. After that T-Mac was absolutely a monster and top 5 MVP candidate. He won't turn it up again like he did that season, but he is still a 20/5/5 caliber player and like most seasons with the Rockets, he will get better as the season wears on.

However, with his injuries and age, the risk of acquiring T-Mac will scare most teams into giving only expiring contracts and a Al Harrington-level talent, which would get the Rockets nowhere.

7. Northside Storm

Shaq...

what

Holy crap, if it's come to the point where some of you want to trade McGrady for SHAQ (you know, about-to-retire, plays at a position we really don't need, skips back-to-backs and has similar injury problems as Mac) then we're past the road of no return on the level of forum hate for McGrady.

8. carolbmt

carolbmt Contributing Member

I'm still a believer. T-Mac will come back and dominate, and people like DaDa and others will jump back on the band wagon.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Bandwagon....what? Tmac's bandwagon? I hope you are right and he comes back.

DD

10. Northside Storm

I don't think he'll dominate ever again, but just being a productive member of the team...it is almost unrealistic for him not to be.

Worse comes to worse, he becomes a $20 million expiring, which is huge trade bait for 2010.

11. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

He hasn't dominated since he's been here. He will go 1 or 2 games and play really well, but he hasn't been consistent. You never know what type of game he's gonna give you, hell, you don't know if he's gonna even play these days.

12. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

He's been consistently very good in the playoffs. I still have faith.

13. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

He has been good in the playoffs, but don't forget, we have to get there first. The West is pretty tight, and just getting in won't cut it. We need to be in the top 4.

14. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

sure he has played great in the first round but still dont know how he would fair in the second round

15. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Same here.

16. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

It's not forum hate. I was showing you what the "wait and sell high" attitude towards dealing McGrady has gotten us. We could have raped the Pistons with either deal they offered, and his stock has steadily fallen ever since.

17. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=4900209

dont know if this link works but its a trade i tried sending Tracy and Shane to the Raptors for Jermaine O'Neal Jason Kapono and Andrea Bargnani what do you guys think

Change in Team Outlook: +9.5 ppg, +5.2 rpg, and -2.8 apg.

our staring five:
    rafer
    kapono(much better shooter than Mcgrady)
    artest
    scola
    yao

bench:
    O'neal
    Bargnani
    Brooks
    Landry
    Barry
    Head
    Deke

IR:
    Hayes
    Wafer
    Dorsey

Toronto would probably do it considering they are struggling and to team up Bosh with McGrady

18. HalataHoops

HalataHoops Member

Dada,
    I think this is almost “ a damned if you do damned if you don’t scenario”. Almost being that if we keep Tracy and a miracle happens with him stepping up and playing great again we have the chance of making deep noise I the playoffs. Doing the trade means making the playoffs still, but guaranteeing a first round exit and having a nice amount of cash to pick someone else up at the end of the season. It’s basically giving up on this year . My question to you is who is available in free agency that we can pick up next year ? I think holding on to him and taking the chance we will be better off. Another plus is in 2010 when his contract is up the free market is going to look a whole lot nicer.

Halata

19. Ferrarii

Ferrarii Member

The poll's results demonstrated the low-importance of Tracy McGrady. On a benevolent side, however, it also demonstrated non-optimistic tendencies of our "fans". Naive, is the best word to describe this thread's chaos. I strongly believe that the Rockets are a west-coast power. I also believe that trade talks about Tracy are useless, atrocious and nonetheless stupid. Don't we all have zenith expectations for Mac. Performance varies, contract does not.

20. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

Can we just end these useless threads? The struggles of this team go beyond just T-Mac. We all know it, or at least I hope we do. I would love to see more use of the bench with all of these injuries. I still don't understand why they don't get a few of the minutes to offset those injured playing extended minutes. If they can weather this storm we will be ok...