1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TMac's passiveness exposes the rest of the team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by EGYPT, Jan 1, 2009.

1. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

When Tracy is defering all his shots and playing more as an assist guy he pretty much voids the needs of the non scoring PG that we have in Alston and when the defenses know that Tracy is not looking to score they are not going for his pump fake and they are making it harder to score in the paint and we see Yao and Scola numbers are down. We are really playing with 2 non scoring point guards on this team. The bench is doing it's job in keeping the team in the game logging longer minutes against other teams starters but we have to remember that our bench is not really made to replace all the starters at the same time. Another problem is other players such as Artest Yao and battier playing more minutes while injured or curing an injury. The coaching staff of course look like they have no clue how to manage the team and I do not blame them for the job they are doing due to the inconsistancy and the predictability of the play book. So in conclusion "It is all my fault" applies here on TMac.

2. dafranchise0309

I would like to see the old Tmac soo bad. The Tmac that thinks pass first but would still rise up on a confident jump shot and nail it. The Tmac that would use his quick first step to get pass his defender and slam on the oppostion, not roll some weak lay up like chuck hayes...I know Tmac wants to gets his teamates involved but as of late I really believe he's become tooo unselfish which is really hurting the team..

3. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

The shots he is not taking they are ending in Alstons hand with the clock counting down and believe me I would not want alston taking a shot with 20 scones on the clock.

4. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

I agree...but in Adelman and T-Mac's mind, this is the T-Mac that helped lead the Rockets to 22 straight wins. When he takes X amount of shots or is scoring 30pts in a loss, people blame him for stagnating the offense and whatnot. That is the price you pay, he is never going to be the catch-and-shoot player that people want him to be...aggressive T-Mac is the one who creates plays for himself. When he is passive, people say he is not playing up to his capabilities and it's a waste of talent and money. Both sides of view are right and wrong...I'm confident as T-Mac gets healthier and sees the ball go in the hoop and the team rack up wins, he'll be more aggressive.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Maybe he is trying to make a point?

DD

6. mil

mil Member

I just want a TMac that goes out and play with heart and passion like Ron , Scola, Yao etc. day in and day out. I do'nt care wether it is a New or Old TMac.

7. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

That he sucks now? Point made.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Weird... our alleged scoring alleged PG, who started last game, also got exposed??

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yep, Brooks stunk, as did Rafer & Tmac...your point?

DD

10. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

We suck

11. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

McGrady, the culprit of all evil.

Tracy is doing what he must do en every ball he touches, not like Artest. He executes the offense. If we don't call plays for him, he has less shots, like Shane Battier. He we only play the P&R with him, he'll give 10 assists and will try 10 shots. Is like that.

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

How do you want T-Mac to play in the half court? We know he's not a guy who'll run in transition. He's not a guy who'll run much, period. But do you prefer that he look more to be a facilitator, or look to score more?

If he can't get to the rim, I'd rather he be a passer than shooter. He can still draw double teams and find the open man like few other wing players. But as a shooter, he's nothing special. And if he's going to have games where he doesn't reach double digits, so be it.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The fact is without t-mac this team really struggles on offense. He creates so much...but now with him playing at less than 100% our offense is really struggling.

I say we put T-mac on the shelf and get him back to 100% as quickly as possible.

He was awesome when he first returned from his few weeks off.

14. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

its a team game. Five people playing....?

15. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

If he's not a scorer anymore, why pair him up with two other non-scorers in Alston and Battier?

That means our entire trio of starting perimeter players can't create their own shots.

If McGrady is going to become a low percentage, jump shooting facilitator, why not surround him with better shooters and scorers on the perimeter? At least one other perimeter player that isn't physically unable to beat his man off the dribble more than once a game. We have three other players that fit that description: Artest, Brooks and Wafer.

16. comehere2

comehere2 Member

tmac's passiveness exposes his passiveness and other poor quality.

nothing else.

not everyone in the team has the same amount of talent and pay.

he is the main guy getting paid for more than 20M a season.

now you try to have a go at others because of his passiveness.

want real exposure?

it'll be much nicer and positive way to expose the talent difference by bringing his best games.

play for the team.

17. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

I do not remember many games when tmac scored 30 and we lost or even scoring 30 period. I think tmac is usually either on or off on every given night he does not have average days that often.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would LOVE to see Tracy move without the ball one time.
    His lack of movement is part of the reason Rafer is so useless........
    Rafer averaged 7 assists a game his first year with us, that is down to 5. Know why?

19. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Well said.

20. OCballfan

OCballfan Rookie

I'm not a Rockets fan but I would be tired of him if he was on my team? he seems to make so much fuss