1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you are Leslie Alexander,Cloud you want to re-sign Artest in next year?how much?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JLovePG, Dec 31, 2008.

1. JLovePG

JLovePG Rookie

Ron Artest , my idol ! He is very strong ! his fighting spirit is very exciting!
    If you are Leslie Alexander,Cloud you want to re-sign Artest in next year?how much?

2. jlaw718

jlaw718 Contributing Member

I'm thinking cumulonimbus . Or maybe stratus since Ron seems to stretch out wide -- like a blanket.

What?

3. FFz

FFz Member

6-8 million for 3 years. Add 4th year if its a deal breaker.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Heck Yes!

5. qian.gj

qian.gj Member

total amount 3.6 million for 4 years.

[​IMG]

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Hmm. I knew Bonzi and Artest were close but thats just too much...

7. yupitsjojo

yupitsjojo Member

the only thing is that you have to remember that its a contract year for him, i say MLE, looking at his stats his ppg is inconsistent whether on incline or decline so we have no idea what hes going to end up like. for all we know he can be bottling up anger to save face while he tries to earn a bigger contract

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

wtf @ that pic

9. battousai

battousai Member

It all depends on how far we will get this playoffs.

How much is artest making now? is it like 5 to 6 mils range? I know Battier is making 5 mil a year. Based on that I think a fair offer would be 7 to 8 mils for artest if he pans out and at least gotten us into the western conference.

Heck I thinK tmac needs to donate his money to artest. Pay that man. One good thing is that teams are not going to spend crazy this offseason with everyone saving up for the big FAs in 2010.

Now with Boozer out with surgery I don't see Utah is going to make any noise in the post season.

10. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

What do clouds have to do with anything?

11. UofTOrange

UofTOrange Contributing Member

Artest makes 8.45MM right now. He'll get more than that on a three year deal. I'm thinking 3 years 28-32 million total, with a 4th year team option if he wants a 4th year

12. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Yes I would sign him and I'd go with 30 million over 4 years as a fair deal. He's getting up in age, he has a history of injuries, and even when fully healthy he's a complimentary star, not someone who carries your team all year.

I'd rather do something like 25 over 3 because of the age, but he knows it's his last big deal and I'm fairly certain he'll want that 4th year.

13. coolblade587

coolblade587 Member

lol, Your question didn't make sense with that "Cloud" in the middle of it. I would sign him for about 6-8 mil over 2 years.

14. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

If we are trying to make cuts right now to stay under the Lux Tax, how could we possibly expect to sign Artest to a larger contract?

Do we have any expiring contracts this year that we'd be willing to let walk to make room?

15. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Not even close to appropriate. That is just disturbing....

16. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Assuming we don't bring back Luther Head, we've got about 14 million coming off the cap with the following players still under contract...

Tracy, Yao, Luis, Carl, Shane, Rafer, Chuck, Brent, Joey, Aaron.

That's 10 players and we don't have any first round draft picks that we'll have to pay. We'll be over the cap, so we'll have the MLE. That'll be close to 6 million and we can probably spend that on 2 players. That leaves a little over 8 for Ron before considering that the luxury tax will inevitably go up. So in a contract that is heavy on the back end, Ron could definitely get a raise. Personally, I don't think he will.

That would leave us with 13 players, and with any left over "spare change" we could pick up Wafer again, or a minimum guy off the waiver wire to make it 14. Of course, I could be wrong with the salary figures, so someone feel free to correct me :D

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I've looked very closely at that picture...seen many like them...and have come to the conclustion that...

That's not a real pig.

18. J-Tang

J-Tang Member

you had to look at that many to figure that out?

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

are you saying you've never seen a shiny pig before. When you grease them up, they can look like that. I've seen it many times on the internet...pictures just like that.

20. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

relax guys. this is a guy in his CONTRACT year and vowed to be on his personal best behavior.

he'll be a good team player for the rest of the year. if you do resign, you don't resign him to a long-term contract knowing his past.