1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Wizards 89, Rockets 87

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 29, 2008.

Tags:
  1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm no Head supporter,but he played well against the Jazz. I expected his minutes to be cut with the return of McGrady but not getting any minutes when we had no energy out there seemed strange. Is there any update on Von Wafer? Is he still hurting? He is also some one who could have brought some energy out tonight if he was healthy, even if it would be for a few minutes.

2. shakegod

shakegod Rookie

Sad we lose.. :mad:

3. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

When was the last time Morey and Adelman had to pull his ass into an office to tell him to get it in gear? I don't remember that happening last year.

4. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

The Rockets are a game-and-a-half removed from the lottery after 32 games.

Every game matters in the Western Conference.

Our team is playing like crap. They handed away 2 of the last 3 games (Hornets and Wizards) and almost did the same against Utah. The Cavs game was very winnable as well. Throw in the failed defensive assignment against Portland early in the season and that's 4 or 5 games.

We could and should be about 24-8 right now and sitting in 2nd place in the conference, even with all the injuries.

None of those aforementioned losses were blowouts. We just didn't try hard enough. That sucks.

I don't know what else to think when I hear these words:

"We just thought we could turn it on in the fourth quarter and win this game against a team that the record doesn't show they're a good team and it really backfired on us," said Tracy McGrady.

5. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

von has the okay to play RA just isnt playing him.. :confused:
    i feel the same way. von brings energy..
    von drives to the basket if he feels he cant make the jumper. he may not make it everytime but at least we know that he will get fouled and has a chance of getting to the line..

i understand head is shakey but i think RA should at least put him in to see
    how he's gonna play.. them make your decision off that.
    he just mightve had what we needed to finish off the game. :mad: :(

6. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Jesus Christ, how many times have the Rockets gotten their butts kicked by awful teams going back to last year? It was one year ago that they lost to Philly and were supposed to have learned their lesson. Are they really so stupid that they can't learn?

7. fmp087

fmp087 Member

Our interior defense has gone completely missing. We are giving up too many backdoor cuts and screens for easy layups. I think this teams mediocre play is coming down to the coach, with questionable substitutions. I don't understand what is wrong with the team intensity anymore.

8. Norway's Winter

dont blame yao for the last shot, but blame him for the suck play whole night...

it's time for yao to get more practice on shooting, espeacially on mid-range

9. IndonesiaFans

IndonesiaFans Member

On the ESPN Daily Dime, Yao was put at the worst performance..
    that's the cause of loosing to a 5-23 team.
    Embarrassing is the right word

10. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

11. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Those seem to be the only awards Yao can win these days.

12. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

TMac is a complete idiot. Turn it on in the first, second and third and maybe you can rest in the fourth. Moron!

13. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Pretty much. Whatever DM and RA chatted with T-Mac about it wasn't playing full steam for four quarters apparently with a quote from him like that.

The whole team needs to be dressed down, stripped of their dignity and have their heads screwed on straight.

14. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Because you're talking about players that just don't learn.

Yao, how many times are you going to get stripped because you bring the ball down? How many times are you going to get blocked because you put up a cream puff layup? How often will you make scrubs look like superstars by not moving your feet on defense?

TMac, how many missed fade away jump shots does it take to get that you're not a great shooter? How many "heat check" missed threes which turn the momentum of the game will you take before you get that every possession counts? How many times will your man burn you because you play lazy defense before you understand that you have to play defense too?

Yup, they really are stupid.

15. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

(random thoughts)

Wow, I didn't miss anything while on vacation and I certainly didn't miss anything since I've been back.

I don't know who these yo-yos are but they're not the Rockets that I had high expectations for at the beginning of the season.

The Wizards? The freecking Wizards?

I don't believe I've ever lost hope this quick for a season.

I'm sad.

(just noticed all my thoughts were about me...***** it, it was MY $185 for LP to watch this sorry bunch of players.)

16. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

did you try to watch the game? he TRIED to turn it on in the first and 3rd but couldn't. he tried to "impose his will" in the first but struggled with his shot.

just b/c tracy tried to do that and shot bad didn't mean he didn't try to. he's not healthy enough to dominate any time he wants to.

the good thing is he played with more effort and energy than most of our guys last night and that's all we ask for.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Lord don't impose that weak ass will, he doesn't have one woth imposing.

DD

18. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

all i said was he did try to dominate the game offensively but just couldn't do it. sometimes you simply shoot bad. if you saw the first quarter, he was driving a ton and looking to really get off to a great start but just couldn't make shots.

tracy played hard (but shot bad) last night.

19. buptjinhe

buptjinhe Member

Just like our team, Benches are the best players in their team. :(

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Tmac after the game.

"We need to learn our lesson"

Yao after the game

"I will play harder"

I mean COME ON !!!!!

DD