1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron]Tmac in long meeting with DM & RA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MacYao223, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Yet another aspect where T-Mac's performance falls short of Kobe's...

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

wow really my confidence in this guy as being a guy who can help lead this team to a championship is dwindling by the day.

3. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

Before the knee injury last year, T-Mac looked physically his best since 2004-2005. He started out the first 7 games averaging 29PPG, which was good for best in the league. I DO believe he can return to that form, but it simply won't happen this year. He will need an entire offseason of good health, much like he had before the 07-08 season, if we are to see an explosive T-Mac ever again.

4. ibm

ibm Member

****. did he say any reasons? in what context?

did he really vow to fully commit to playing and with intensity? or feigen/morey made it up?

where is my grain of salt? sure need it for dinner.

5. worzel gummidge

Some players just can't through an injury. I'm just worried that doesn't recover in time come playoffs.

This team is on the cusp of something big I'd rather they gambled on a trade than on McGrady's health.

6. cbb139

cbb139 Member

What heart?

7. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

I can only wish I knew what went on in this meeting. Whatever was said I hope it gets to Tracy and make him play a lot better becasue his last two games was just sad it looks like he just doesn't have it all right now. The look on his face when hes on the court its like do I really want tp play basketball anymore I'm not too sure.

8. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

I guess the issue is still his knee then...

I hope I don't jinx it, but I hope TMac's absense will be put too much load on Yao that he broke down again coming March or April.

9. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Wow, you're optimistic.

Scratch that... you are DELUSIONAL.

The more time that goes by, the more his chronic conditions will deteriorate.

I would bet that you will never see an explosive McGrady for an entire game again. In fact, I don't think you will ever see him explosive for an entire quarter again.

This is assuming that explosive means athletically superior and aggressive on the offensive end. You may see it for a play or two over the course of a month but not much more than that. LeBron and Kobe have about 10 explosive plays per game each. McGrady has 2 or 3 per season. Making heat checks isn't explosive play.

10. ibm

ibm Member

typo, eh? i hope.

11. 523744

523744 Member

Maybe the rockets should suspend him and accuse him of faking an injury like charlie thomas did to hakeem in the early 90s. After that, the rockets took off. Always a possibility. But tmac being the pansy that he is would probably just agree that hes faking the injury and forgo his salary.

12. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Plays well, runs his mouth to the media. Typical "Tracy responds to his critics" game.

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Buckle your safety belt because it's going to be a rough ride. I went round and round with some of Clutchfans' dumbest trying to explain the difference between an injury (like Ron has) and someone who is sore (like McGrady is). You might even see some comparisons between Amare's microfracture recovery and McGrady's "micro-ouchy" posted by some of them. They can't grasp the difference and they take out their frustration over their lack of comprehension on the teacher.

As far as the meeting with management and McGrady I think we might be seeing the beginning of the end. I know the Rockets won't even get 50 cents on the dollar for Tmac now but he has gone from being an underachiever to a distraction and possibly a cancer. It's time for Morey to get this guy out of town ASAP and hope the Rockets can get one bonafide NBA starter at SG or at least a great pick in the draft and maybe a backup C. I'm sure the Rockets will have to take back some trash just to make the salaries work but getting him out of Houston would be addition by subtraction at this point.

14. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Good point.

15. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Yea 25% shooting fromt the field. But I hope I'm wrong.

16. BrooksBall

John Salmons and Brad Miller for Mcgrady works. I'd do it without hesitation. Miller's contract expires next season and Salmons has one more season beyond that but is only making about $5 million per.

We'd cut payroll by a few million, get a solid but aging backup C that could also play alongside Yao. Not to mention the fact that he's a great passer who excelled under Adelman.

More importantly, we would also get a solid young SG in Salmons. He's $15 million cheaper and is far more effective than the current McGrady, especially if you factor in production per dollar.

For some people, it's hard to let go of the name (T-Mac). They can't get past this to realize that a trade like the one I just suggested would clearly improve this team now and in the future.

The Kings are likely trying to move Miller at this point and even though Salmons is good, they have Martin and Garcia signed long term as well as a young prospect in Donte Green all at the wing position. There isn't enough playing time for all those guys.

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That's a better trade for us than it would be for the Kings. What would their motivation be in acquiring T-Mac if, as you say, they're trying to open up spots for Martin, Garcia, and Green?

18. BrooksBall

I thought about that. The only thing I can think of is stupidity - possibly thinking his name will attract fans. It would also reduce their payroll for the 2010 sweepstakes by the amount Salmons makes the following year. It probably doesn't make that much difference if McGrady makes them worse right now. They're rebuilding anyways.

19. J-Tang

J-Tang Member

uh..why? that's definitely not what a leader is supposed to do.

20. Shaud

Shaud Member

T-mac is not a leader.