1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Check These Numbers Out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lancej281, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Lancej281

Lancej281 Member

In the 13 games against the four best teams in the NBA today and last year(SA,LAL,BOS,CLE), these are McGrady's numbers from this year and last year:

Games:13
    Minutes:33
    Assists:5.3
    Rebounds:4
    FG%:30%

Dont respond to me with playoff numbers. I'll respond to you with the # 0. We all know what that is. If you want to post his playoff numbers, post his 4th quarter numbers(you know, where the game is won or lost). I dare you.

lol@ yall wanting this guy to resign with the Rocekts. He can't get by Utah, imagine these numbers when he actually faces other teams in the playoffs and he gets, you know, more "tired" because of the additional games.

So long, loser.

2. lustdog

lustdog Member

It's Christmas. Thought abt leaving Tmac alone for a while? I personally am trying to leave him out of my mind anyways.

3. desertfire

desertfire Member

McGrady has a mental fragility equal to his physical fragility. He is what he is, which is not very good unless he just happens to be feeling good that day. Consider the difference between how McGrady plays with injuries and how Artest has played with his ankle. I can't think of one other superstar that is as weak mentally than McGrady. I don't hate him for it, but when the Yao/McGrady experiement runs its course (and we are coming close to the end), then we will all know why.

I am embarrassed that this is our "franchise player." That ship has sailed and Yao is the franchise player now. Hopefully, we can rebuild around him in the post McGrady era, which I predict ends after this year--if not sooner.

4. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

:confused:

5. Lancej281

Lancej281 Member

Boston and LA are self explanatory, SA would have beaten LA last year if it weren't for Ginobili's ankle injury and I would take LeBron and Cleveland's defense over the rest of the NBA.

So where's your problem?

6. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Last year the top four regular season teams were LA, New Orleans, Boston, and Detroit. You could argue that SA or Cleveland were better in the playoffs, but that's just because they had an extra gear to hit in May, not because they were any better during the season. Did T-Mac struggle against New Orleans and Detroit also? I don't care enough to look.

7. matac3

matac3 Member

Umm how are you going to put Tmac on the spot for the 4th qtr in the playoffs when the rest of the "team" couldnt score as well?

Come on, if your going to point out one guy for his playing, get on the rest of them who fail to show off in the playoffs

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

One bad game and the dogs are out. I hate it when people hate on this guy for a single game. Shouldnt we worry about the playoffs. And you go ahead and throw out a big 0 for Tracy for the playoffs but it doesnt change the fact he is top 5 in ppg in the playoffs. Cant get by Utah, Michael Jordan couldnt get by Utah with the teammates Mcgrady had in 06. How about you hate on Yao who failed to show up in 07 because of injury when our team would have gotten by Utah for sure. Tracy is proven in the playoffs. The stats dont lie. Arent you the same people who preach daily that the regular season means almost nothing. This is our team. Tracy is our best player when healthy. How about you support him because people like you dont deserve this team. He was a soldier last year in the playoffs for us. He was hurt and was hurt bad, but he gave his heart and soul for the team. I'm discusted with some of the fans who scream trade Mcgrady, and im done with Tracy. Yeah im all down for getting rid of the same Tracy who has been known to put up 28ppg in the playoffs.

9. robby_33

robby_33 Member

Go find anther team... so long, loser.

10. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

Lets find every game in which Yao has faced a fronting defense and lets pick him apart. /sarcasm

you can't score when defenses are designed to stop you. Other players have to step up....When Mcgrady has a high number of assists, it means players are knocking down shots, and we win.

We lost last night because of fatigue and because Yao only played 22 minutes. We didn't lose because Mcgrady is fragile.

Rockets trainer said it best..."Fatigue makes cowards of us all."

11. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

I figured it was just sour grapes for the Francis trade all those years ago.

12. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

30/8/7 against the Blazers (18-11). 20/14/10 against the Nuggets (18-11). 26/6 against the Celtics (27-2). 17/4/3 against the Magic (22-6). 27/5/3 against the Suns (16-11). 18/9/4 against the Hornets (16-8).

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

lol, check the schedule.

the laker game earlier this yr was a b2b. the cavs game yesterday was a 4th game in 5 nights.

it's so nice of you to disregard his game earlier this yr where he played v. boston (on TWO DAYS REST) he scored 26 pts on 50%+ shooting.

let's be real, tracy's body is not made for the grind of the NBA schedule.

let's look deep into the stats:
    on 0-1 day rest: around 14ppg, 4.5rpg, 4apg, 38% shooting
    on 2 day rest: 23ppg, 6rpg, 7apg, on 51% shooting
    on 3 day rest: 24ppg, 10rpg, 9apg, 40% shooting (the warriors game)

it is what it is. let him have 1-2 day of rest and then play the lakers or cavs or whoever you want him to play. sure you can blame on his "softness" or whatever.

are you saying the lakers' D and cavs' D are better than the celtics? :eek:

14. GMAC

GMAC Member

Since when hasn't TMac shown up for the playoffs? He's one of the greatest playoff scorers of all time.

15. WillG

WillG Member

except in the 4th quarter

16. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

If those statistics are real, then this should really be a good sign. If he can get more strength in his knee, his numbers should be going up

17. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

You need to get laid dude.

18. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Hahahahah Burn!!

19. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

We are offended by his lack of hustle and desire. That's all. He said, not we said. I'm going to stay out until I can come back 100%, we didn't see that last night. It was embarassing that the Cav's put the redhead on him one on one. Not Lebron but freaking West. LOL!!! Tmac would normally light this dude up for 30 at least.

Bottom line, dude if you're hurt stay out until you can finish a breakaway with a monster dunk, until that time stay in street clothes and get well soon. We don't need you to lose by 10 plus to top teams, I actually believe we have better ball movement when you're not in the game.

20. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member