1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I am done with Tracy.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Joker, Dec 23, 2008.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't need to prove anything the facts that I referenced are out there for anyone to find.

Believe what you want, I don't care.

DD

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't see Artest wanting to re-sign with the Rockets for this reason,he might even demand a trade unless he wants big money. When Ron joined us,I felt he would stick on the team as long as Yao and Tracy gave a 100% effort every night. 4 games out of 5 can be difficult,but if Tracy is feeling sore he should shut it down.

3. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Hilarious.

No, they are not out there for anyone to find. They don't exist. That's why you can't be bothered to back them up.

This is what you always do. You get on a bandwagon, and you throw all your emotions into it and ride it out till the bitter end. Logic be damned, facts be damned. Everyone who pays attention to this BBS knows you have been anti-McGrady since the season started. That's fine. Just don't go making up BS and throwing it out there as if it's truth. You WILL get called out.

4. DaDakota

Call it out all you like it is the truth.

Tmac didn't rehab over the summer, and he lied about his back being hurt a couple of years ago when he was dealing with a pregnancy situation in Orlando.

Believe it or not...it is the truth.

DD

5. The Joker

The Joker Member

I'm sorry, DD is not anti-Mac.... he is a rockets fan. As a rockets fan, we expect the players on this team to play hard. Part of being a Houston fan is to expect 100 person effort and heart. It's tough getting used to the likes of Hakeem, Drexler, Cassell, Horry, Francis, Mobley...etc... then going to Tracy who has as much if not more physical talent then any of those guys but just doesn't show the effort night in and night out. I pray this game makes TMac realize whats going on and he starts to play with the intensity he should be playing with, but i no longer expect him to turn that corner.

6. fmp087

fmp087 Member

No wonder your still a rookie, there is a way to disagree with a person's opinion, and it doesn't always end in GTFO. Genius.

7. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

I'm downloading the game right now to see what all the hoopla is about. I will say this take out his mental weakness issues and you're still left with his knee problem. Let's see ... long flights, cold weather, and a tough schedule will only irritate the knee more. Winter is still going strong and they still have flights in the schedule. This will happen again.

#227 rocketsregle, Dec 24, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  8. jsb

jsb Contributing Member

First let me say MERRY XMAS EVERYBODY.

There isn't a rox fan that isn't hoping tmac gets his act together and plays hard, what's so frustrating about the guy is if he had half the heart of Yao, Artest, Battier, I'm a pro player but I can't make a layup Hayes, Scola, Landry, Alston and Brooks we'd be world beaters. All of those guys whether they're playing well or not, the one thing you can't take from any of them is that they play hard ALL the time. No excuses, they play hard.

You never know what you'll get with tmac. One night he looks all world, the other 10 it depends if he wants to play or not. It has nothing to do about playing well, ITS ALL ABOUT PLAYING HARD and giving your all. tmac just doesn't do it, all world talent with a pea heart.

DD, I don't know about the bad back story but everything else you've said has been alluded to or said by people in the organization, so I know your right about that. I know your trying to fight the good fight but you'll never convince the tmac apologists.

Until he plays as hard as he should he'll be an uncapitalized tmac to me from now on.

AND AGAIN MERRY XMAS EVERYONE AND A HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON TO YOU ALL

9. fmp087

fmp087 Member

I think your absolutely right regarding the criticism towards McGrady. However, when you are the highest paid player and arguably the least hard-working on the team, then much of the criticism is warranted. It just goes with the territory of being that person who is suppose to take us to the ship. Let's face it McGrady is lazy and always will be lazy. None of this talk about him being injured should be even questioned right now if he put in that hard work during the summer and rehabbed his knee properly when he was suppose to.

10. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Agree, Im at the point that I don't see him turning the corner either. "If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always gotten". If your physical skills start to erode then its time to give more effort and intensity to make up for it. Tracy has got to play with some heart for this team to succeed.

11. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

I love how you keep throwing this BS out there despite his own trainer saying he busted his a$$ to rehab that knee. You say he just sat out of training camp due to laziness, but fail to realize A) He was never cleared to participate in contact drills at the beginning of training camp, and B) He participated in workouts every day in training camp in preperation for the season. He was working out with guys like Joey Dorsey BEFORE training camp even started. You saw with your own two eyes just how gimpy he looked in preseason, and you saw him PHYSICALLY get worse as the season wore on, despite doctor's insistance that he'd get better. It got to the point where he needed to sit out, and he came back looking a LOT better physically.

In other words, get your head out of your a$$. Just like with last year's knee issue in which the DOCTORS screwed up and T-Mac ended up being right, the guy knows his body. Stop acting like there is some big consperacy and every word T-Mac says is a lie...it's just not true.

Sometimes I get the feeling that people spite T-Mac, and make up lies, over-exaggerate his injuries and stress too much on his "lack of heart" simply because they can't get over the fact that T-Mac will never be the same player he was when he averaged 32/7/6. People look over the fact that he is still a 20/5/5 player with tremendous court savvy and ability to control an offense. It is unfortunate that people simply don't take all of the great things T-mac does into account, but rather only stress the bad things because he will never again be the player the Rockets signed him to be.

12. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Oh puhhleasee! DD was owning 4'6 kids on the playground right after he was recovering from a scrap knee. He could of risk injuring his scab. Tmac is just that weak.

13. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

I don't understand why people choose to have a negative attitude about things like this. Lets just say for the sake of the argument that Tmac quits too soon. What can we do? We aren't going to trade him. We are going to need him to play like the Tmac during the 4 game winning streak we just had to win a title regardless. So whats the point of being negative?

I hate this... we go on a 4 game winning streak where we play probably our best basketball we've played all season (not even the best basketball we COULD play because I think we could play better D and better O), we lose 1 game against a good team on the road in a 4 games in 5 nights situation and people lose their ****. I don't get it.

14. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

yet another person who hates Tracy after a bad game. Everyone has a bad game here and there. He will come back and get another tripple double and everyone will love him again. The rockets team is more consistent than alot of rockets fans, and that ain'tsayin much.

15. DaDakota

No one hates Tracy, at least I don't, I just expect more of a player that is being paid $20 million a year.

And when he quits, he should expect to be called out on it. He quit last night.

And I don't care what anyone says the Chronicle blogs and others have talked about TMac not being dilligent in his rehab, and he sat out training camp.

Remember Yao, seeing pictures a few weeks after having a steel plate inserted in his foot, what was he doing? Running in a pool.

Did you see any shots of Tmac doing that? No, ever wonder why?

Because he didn't do it....busting his arse....Tracy..ROFLMAO...sure he did.

DD

16. The Joker

The Joker Member

idc how much money he's making either. Watching a player not give effort, for any reason, is a joke. And let's say he gets a triple double next game, won't change the fact that 2 or 3 games later, he'll have another performance where he hurts the team by NOT TRYING. I never once saw Dream take a play off. Or Kobe for that matter. shoot, i've never seen battier or artest or Yao take a single play off. Let alone half a season which is about what TMac does.

17. jrsr34

jrsr34 Contributing Member

I have to defend T-Mac on this one. We all know that he is a very hot and cold guy. You are going to see very few instances of the Black Mamba or Jordan-like intensity in athletes, no matter what sport. Tracy is an extremely talented player who has mostly relied on his athleticism to make him great. His back, knee, and shoulder obviously have slowed him down greatly and is reaching the point in his career (10+ years) where most guards are starting to slow down. The guy has had the worst luck with teams not being good enough or having key injuries at playoff time. If you look at his career playoff averages they are just sick...so it is not for his lack of trying. Give the guy a break if he is trying to tough out a knee injury early in the season. Yes, if he is still hurting he should sit out. But maybe he felt good enough to start but not finish...it happens when you get older and your body doesn't respond like it used to. Maybe we should apply the same standard to you...support the Rockets fully or become a Mavs fan.

18. jondoe

jondoe Member

I love Tmacs skill and ability. Past that, he is a quitter. I distinctly remember game 7 against Dallas when the team started to get blown out, Tmac decided to have himself a seat on the bench in the fourth instead of fighting to the bitter end. I mean, it was the last game of the season for the Rox, at least go down fighting, make the score respectable.

19. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Joker is right, if Tmac cannot play up to full potential than sit out until you can. The inability to take a fast breat layup all the way was pathetic, the horrible pass to a wide open Scola was equally worse. I don't think Tmac likes Scola much, never congratulations him. Plus he is tremendously dogging it on defense.

Is he trying to become comeback player of the year.

20. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Cool, Im done with you. Complain in the off season please, were fricking 3rd in the west and one bad game by Tracy has lil babies crying for change.

So I dont see anybody else outside of TMac that can help us