1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Cavaliers 99, Rockets 90

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Calls went against us but that's not the main reason why we lost.

2. buptjinhe

buptjinhe Member

The refs.

3. Eddy F.

Eddy F. Member

I still refuse to believe the Cavs are in the level of the Celtics and Lakers. They're good, but they didn't deserve this win. Handed to them on a silver platter by Stern's thugs.

4. R0cketC1ty123

R0cketC1ty123 Member

Blame the "REFS"

i just hate the refs they think they are the one controlling the game
    we lost beacus of those ppl
    YAO ONLY PLAYED 11 minutes at 1st half OHMYGAWD
    a touch in the face ITS A FOUL wats next a fingertap in the chest and its flagrant
    BLAME IT ON THE REFS wwe lost we coould have easily won this but i guess the cavs met b4 the game

I H8 U DONAGHY

AND VARAJAO IF UR READING THIS ... THIS AINT THE WNBA PLAY LIKE A MAN STOP FALLING IN MIDCOURT CUZ SOME1 TOUCHED U

(inhale) (exhale)

5. buptjinhe

buptjinhe Member

Yeah, the refs should get the MDP award.

6. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

Eh... 4th game in 5 nights in the north. You have to remember that. Remember when we had doubts when he was resting his knee for 3 weeks and then he comes back and we roll this 4 game win streak and he has 4 solid games.

7. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Was he saying the Rockets are the toughest team the Cavs faced OR the Cavs are the toughest team the Rockets faced?

I really need to know. its killing me.

8. MD_in_Training

"The refs" should be a perennial All-Star.

9. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

What do you mean ran out of gas. He was in foul trouble and barely played except the 4th qtr...... he choked when the limelight was on him.

The bottom line is this we will need 3 healthy stars to get out of the first round.

10. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

This is a disheartening loss. We were never given a chance to fight a fair fight. Then again, this team needs to have the mental toughness to win against all odds.

For the time being, NBA is babying LBJ and they will do everything to protect their investment.

11. R0cketC1ty123

R0cketC1ty123 Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_RKVmVmRKQ8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_RKVmVmRKQ8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

12. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

That baseline Ref, he was horrible.

13. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Battier's bball iq is so high that we just don't see the "intangibles" he brings when he's running around like a chicken with his head cut off. My personal favorite tonight was when LBJ had already made a layup on the left side, Battier comes running in all out of control from the right side and just jumps on the opposite side of the basket to make it look like he contested the shot after it already went in. We just can't measure what he brings to the team.

14. lawe

lawe Member

totally agree... we cannot protect the paint when Yao is out...
    Morey, please, bring us a backup C...

15. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

He choked? Are you sure he wasn't just tired? Or did you expect him to make every shot? Yao played fantastic in the 4th and that was definitely not choking.

16. jondoe

jondoe Member

Yeah, the defensive rebounding was horrible in third.

17. jondoe

jondoe Member

Man if they let Yao play, he woulda fouled out the entire front line of cavs

18. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

You also have to remember that Yao had to sit out basically the entire game and I'm sure all those calls made him give up some hope of winning.

19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Tmac--played horribly
    Shane--missed several key 3 pt shots--wide open ones too.
    Terrible passing by everyone that led to steals and pts for the cavs
    The refs called some BS ticky tack crap on Yao. They allowed Yao to be hammered with no calls. They took Yao out of 75% of the game :mad: I hate David Stern and his Mafia officials.

20. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Chemistry... 'If I were coach', I'd let Brooks start until the Rockets lost. Doesn't matter even if Alston is 'better' or more veteran, chemistry is the key.