1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Cavaliers 12/23/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kanariya

kanariya Member

I agree the Cavs is abit overrated due to the current record.

I think the Rockets is in the disadvantage this game because of the back to back and Cavs home court.

Hope they can win this one and Merry Christmas for the Rocket fans.

2. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Aren't the Cavs 23-4? It doesn't matter if you play local YMCA team every night. That's a great record. The Rockets have not proven they are at that level yet. I think they will do that tonight but they have not done it yet.

3. Precision340

Precision340 Member

let's go Rox!! 95-87

4. rocketsallday

rocketsallday Member

The best way to stop him and the truest way, make him shoot his inconsistent jumper . we'll win but it will be tough coming from a back to back but anyways.

Rockets 98
    Cavaliers 91

5. sfayner

sfayner Member

I haven't seen that much of the Cavs this year, but the Rocks have always been good at slowing down one dominant-player teams. Rocks 94, Cavs 88.

6. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

The Rockets have always played well against the Cavs. I hope the trend continues.
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f7gh24O9oN4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f7gh24O9oN4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XzBg73JfmVc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XzBg73JfmVc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Y487k--9Es&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Y487k--9Es&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

7. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

Rockets have always played well against the Cavs, but the Cavs have a better team this year. They play better defense too, one of the top 5 in the league. This game should be a real good test for the Rockets.

8. Aemon

Aemon Contributing Member

I think the Rockets will step up to the challenge.

9. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

Let'S GO RocketS

let beat the overrated teams starring with these ;)

10. Ferrarii

Ferrarii Member

No defense- no vicotry. We can score as many points as we want, but against this team, defending our basket is the key.

11. HouRKFan

HouRKFan Member

I hope Battier and Artest can contain Lebron. I believe in them. GO ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!

12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

DAMN i thought the game started at 5pm PST and not 4pm PST now I have to go home at lunch and set the dvr.

its going to be a tough game, williams has been a huge boost for the cavs and if west is hitting his shots its going to be tough. the cavs do play tough D so it will be interesting.

we have an X factor in Artest though if he plays well tonight I feel confident that the rockets can pull it out.

I think the numbers that lebron and and z will be offset by tmac, yao and battier's production. the rockets have more deptth than the cavaliers right now but the cavaliers have a lot of chemistry going for them right now and that always help since they are involving everyone out there.

either way i look to be thoroughly entertained tonight hopefully the rockets can give the cavs their first L at home.

13. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

20-9 has a nice ring to it, a lot better than 19-10. Rockets prevail in a close one 98-93.

14. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

The next few game the Rockets have are huge "measuring stick" games. Where do we stack up?

Earlier in the season, we were clearly inferior to the elite (Boston and LA). Let's see if we should be considered in the same sentence as the elite or if we'll be crushed with no serious chance to win as in Boston and LA.

I'm going to bet against the Rockets this game, but I've been wrong plenty of times this year with these Rockets. I hope they pull it off and show that they are one of the best teams in the league; however, I sense that we really belong to the next tier.

15. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Houston Rockets at Cleveland Cavaliers
    Tuesday - 6:00pm

Television - FS Houston:
    Comcast - Ch. 37
    Dish Network - Ch. 445
    DirecTV - Ch. 678
    AT&T U-Verse - Ch. 755

Radio:
    Sports Radio 610 AM
    KEYH 850 AM

16. N2H4

N2H4 Member

For some reason, our team always does better when playing against eastern teams, even when it is Cleveland....(maybe the only team we hate to see is Boston), Say I would say it is going to be a win, by 7.

I would not mind even if our guys lost...considering this is their 4th game in 5 days and the opponent is LBJ's Cleveland.

Happy holidays, everybody!

17. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

I'm calling overtime...Mcgrady hits a jumper to send it into overtime.

Yao Ming + Aaron Brooks score majority of points in overtime to beat Cavs...

18. battousai

battousai Member

The key is to contain Lebron, let him take over the game. Lebron has become a distributor that gets his team going in the beginning. ONce that established we are in for a long night. Lebron will get his points but whether a win or lose depends how well the rest perform.

If Battier and artest can contain lebron from distributing and involving other teammates, then we got a shot.

someone needs to cut off the passing lane and block off lebron from taken it to the hoop and drawing fouls on Yao.

Their big Z and wallace is going to pose some problem for Yao. This is almost like the setup Jazz used on us in the playoffs.

Z can draw Yao out for mid-jumper (not as far as Okur for 3), wallace is going to be pushing Yao out. I would like to see Yao shot some mid-jumpers.

19. Th3 Drunk Goat

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bF7yWAusMk8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bF7yWAusMk8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hey Lebron, its the countdown to 23 - 5. Tonight at 6:00 P.M. central time.

20. lutherHead

lutherHead Member

too bad t-mac doesn't do those things anymore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.