1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Mcgrady to make west coast trip

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thametall89, Dec 10, 2008.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

"Ron will likely not travel with the team tomorrow in order to rehab his right ankle," Rockets athlete trainer Keith Jones said. "Nothing has changed with regard to Ron’s medical condition from last night. While our medical staff agrees that the ankle injury is fine to play on, Ron is understandably frustrated that the pain has not subsided as he had hoped so he wants to try sitting out the two-game road trip in order to see if the pain recedes."

OMG look!!! The trainers said its fine to play, but Ron Artest is wussing out because he doesn't want to look bad on his contract year! Man up, Ron Artest. Man up :rolleyes:

I really hope that Yao Ming starts realizing that as the only (relatively) healthy member of the Big 3, its on him to carry the team while Artest and Tmac is still recovering from their injuries. If he continues to play the way he played last game, Tmac won't have to play a single minute on the court even if he suited up.

2. tofu--

tofu-- Member

just let him rest it doesnt matter

i dont know why youre all in such a rush to get him back, when hes at full health well be in great shape to go in the later half of the season

3. Coob5

Coob5 Member

You cannot rag on Ron Ron the same as Tracy. Ron played for two weeks on his injured ankle, and had some pretty good games and played with emotion. Tracy didn't hustle back on defense or run during fast breaks.

Ron said he is buying Tracy some more time and he is going to rest when Tracy comes back. Maybe Tracy will be back against GSW.

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Ron isn't exactly an Iron Man. He only played 57 games last year. T-Mac played more with 66. Try again pal.

5. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

So even if he doesnt come back this weekend, does it mean he will most likely play next week? Hopefully they arent rushing him back and I want to see McGrady not limping.

6. TheTrendSetter

TONY STARK WAS ABLE TO BUILD THIS IN A CAVE! WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Agreed.

8. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

ugh this is dumb... how about rest until you are 100%. Why risk re-injury that can kill th whole season. wtf is wrong with the rockets.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

His knee is 100% sound, he does need to strengthen the muscles which he can do through rehab or playing, or a combination of both.

I hope they monitor his minutes and help him gain confidence in his abilities again.

DD

10. Ferrarii

Ferrarii Member

The news are both great and questionable. Although the article does not refer to McGrady feeling better (regarding his knee), it surely suggests that Tracy is on the verge of improving his health, therefor he is listed as questionable to play against the Warriors.

11. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

It's not the legitimacy of his injuries. It's his manner of handling it, coupled with his demeanor, coupled with his style of play that makes people think he is a p***y and prima donna.

Tmac had arthroscopic surgery 7 months ago. Most guys come back from that just fine. But it takes work to break up that scar tissue, and that comes with pain. Tmac chose not to do that in the offseason. So, here we are, waiting for him to get through that.

Why is Tmac thought of as soft? It's not just the injuries. It's that he routinely plays soft, when he plays. He declines to drive, settles for jumpers. He doesn't play defense. When he is less than 100 percent, he lets everyone know about it. Nobody thinks this guy is a tough player, based on his actions or words.

Ron Artest is imperfect. He jacks up some bad shots, makes some bad decisions. He has injuries. But it is indisputable that this guy is tough. He attacks the rim. he rebounds. he defends with toughness. He hustles. He steals. He takes no crap from anyone. He doesn't whine. Based on his actions and words, he is universally regarded as tough.

Tmac is the better player.
    Artest is vastly tougher.
    Tmac carries a max contract and should lead in words and deeds in all categories, including toughness. But he doesn't. That's what ticks off a lot of people.

12. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I think in some way, Tmac is being shamed into playing. Shamed is a harsh word, but I can't think of another one.

Ron's been playing hurt. He's new to the team. he doesn't earn the big bucks. But he's been busting ass the whole time. He defends, crashes the boards, hustles, plays physically, with heart. All the things that Tmac doesn't do. And he's new to the team and is very arguably underpaid.

I think even with Tmac, he has some sense of balance and justice. This is a team and Ron's been carrying more than his share of the load while Tmac is out. Call it what you want, but Tmac's absence is his choice. It's not required.

Ron's now apparently to the point that he needs to get better. By the next game, Tmac will have been out 17 days. Justice/equity resonates in everyone, including Tmac. He knows he needs to get back on the court.

Even at 70 percent, it helps to have him when Ron's out. Even just as a decoy.

13. thametall89

thametall89 Member

I think it is a good sign that he is at least making the trip. The article never said he was going to play, and from what has gone on this season, I don't think T-Mac would rush back on his knee.

14. YallMean

YallMean Member

DD don't be so subtle. Hijack it, trade Ron, right? :D

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

LOL - you are funny.

DD

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Im curious where all the haters are now calling for Artest to man up, considering this is IDENTICAL to the McGrady situation.

17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

You are such a tool.

Tracy is just too honest and none of you can deal with it. Last year he played through a bad shoulder and a bad knee. He played through it and played as best as he could.

Every single board member that is illogical about things in life can kiss that fattest part of my as$. Die-hard fans, pffft, more like pretend fans.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL, that's exactly what I was thinking when I read that part of the article.

19. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

Keith Jones should be fired immediately.

20. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

No Artest is out on the court hurt and still giving it 100%, where as McGrady when out on the court was not giving 100%. T-Mac does not have the mental toughness that Artest has. There is no arguement about it. And I don't care anymore about T-Mac's playoff stats. All I want is 4 playoff wins. End of story. Give it up.