1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 92, Hawks 84

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 9, 2008.

Tags:
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

On Chron.com Anna Megan said she was ok and signing the calander after the game.

DD

2. wenp

wenp Member

I miss the 22 winning streak.

3. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Great win, and yes, I would hit Anna Megan...

4. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

lol, no one was helping that cheerleader when she fell. the other chick almost stepped on her.

5. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

point related? eh? what? i meant, it's important to look at yao's overall contribution. he doesn't suck... he has sucky(sic) games and it's important to distinguish the difference. i know you're not guilty but some people make a point of cherry picking. yes, he's frustrating at times, but overall hes a damn good center and a big part of why we have a winning record.

people that rag on him after a bad game should man up and give him props after a good game. otherwise, it just seems like hating. i have a feeling they'll be doing more of the latter. of course, vice-versa for other people and for other players.

:)

6. DaDakota

The thing is that he is capable of these good games EVERY SINGLE night....but for some reason he gets despondent and let's his energy and effort drop.

Yao is holding Yao back.

DD

7. Boykins

Boykins Member

i have not watch the game yet...looking for somewhere to download now..

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

Gary Payton just called Yao Ming the best big man in the NBA during the Hawks/Rockets highlights. ;)

9. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Great game. Artest was freaking amazing, and it seemed that Yao really fed off that and broke out of the funk he went into in the 3rd quarter.

Anybody else notice that with this team if they are losing at the start of the 4th quarter there is still a chance they'll win, as opposed to previous seasons when it was virtually a guaranteed loss?

10. buptjinhe

buptjinhe Member

Guess that is part of the so called commercial. :)

11. JustWannaChill

I am a fan of Yao only? LOL. Why don't you quote the posts that I praise Yao but bash the other Rockets players? You should stop lying and STFU if you can't find even one. Quote the posts for me if you can. I am waiting.

Now, let's back to talk about you. Know what? Anyone with half a brain can tell you are a hater. It's just that easy. There are so many people who make negative opinions about Yao from time to time. So why would I just call you out and a few other fools? Why don't you spend a few minutes to think about the reason before you keep reading? To make it easier for you, it's not because of yourself screen because I do love the movie.

Alright? Have you done with the thinking? Yes, right! It's because the track record of your posts. A real fan who really cares about the Rockets and the players would give negative comments about a player when he plays bad and give props to a player when he plays well. The problem is that you are as one-sided as a legal brief. You post a lot in the game thread and it is obvious that you have just always waited for the bad moments of Yao in order to do the bashing. Note I am not just talking about the memphis game. It's stupid to make a judgment on someone base on one single game only. Even in last night's game when Yao played well, you would only comment on the negatives. You have more than 400 posts already. Why don't you quote what yourself have said which are not negative about Yao Ming? I would be very surprised of you can find more than 10 quotes. You are as obvious a hater as anything can get.

Hardcore rockets fan? You are faker than silicon breasts.

12. JustWannaChill

I am a fan of Yao only? LOL. Why don't you quote the posts that I praise Yao but bash the other Rockets players? You should stop lying and STFU if you can't find even one. Quote the posts for me if you can. I am waiting.

Now, let's get back to talk about you. Know what? Anyone with half a brain can tell you are a hater. It's just that easy. There are so many people who make negative opinions about Yao from time to time. So why would I just call you out and a few other fools? Why don't you spend a few minutes to think about the reason before you keep reading? To make it easier for you, it's not because of your screen name because I do love the movie.

Alright? Have you done with the thinking? Yes, right! It's because the track record of your posts. A real fan who really cares about the Rockets and the players would give negative comments about a player when he plays bad and give props to a player when he plays well. The problem is that you are as one-sided as a legal brief. You post a lot in the game thread and it is obvious that you have just always waited for the bad moments of Yao in order to do the bashing. Note I am not just talking about the memphis game. It's stupid to make a judgment on someone based on one single game only. Even in last night's game when Yao played well, you would only comment on the negatives. You have more than 400 posts already. Why don't you quote what yourself have said which are not negative about Yao Ming? I would be very surprised if you can find more than 10 quotes. You are as obvious a hater as anything can get.

Hardcore rockets fan? You are faker than silicon breasts.

13. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Excellent point. They've also had a lot more success turning it on in the last five minutes of a game and putting the other team away.

14. comehere2

comehere2 Member

missed the game. happy to see artest play well.

yao with 19rebs. i'm over the moon.

that block's something. he'll be better for sure.

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

No he isnt...

16. blender

blender Member

I agree. Yao was getting frustrated by Atlanta's constant double team, but then, Artest's strong play from the perimeter began taking the pressure off him.

Once the Hawks went back to single coverage at the end, Yao flat out dominated his smaller defender. Horford (6-10) and Pachulia (6-11) could not f***in' stop him. :)

Artest also shut Joe Johnson down during the fourth quarter rally. That took the Hawks out of their offensive rhythm and they never recovered. It didn't help that Josh Smith was having a terrible game.

OTH Battier seemed to have a tougher time defending Joe Johnson.

17. kingk0ng

kingk0ng Member

Ok son, here we go:
    Cheering on Yao whe he make a good play
    Praising Ron Artest when he have a good game

Cheering on on Artest
    Cheering on Landry after he made an and 1 thunder dunk from the freethrow line
    Again, cheering for Landry.
    This is when a phantom call was called on Scola
    Praising Wafer after a nice play
    I also made a thread about appreaciating Yao And Artest on a game when they saved us but i couldnt find that thread because I can only look up 7 pages back.

But hey, its alright. I know how people like you work, you worship something so much that you take it very personal when somebody talk badly of that thing/person that you are deeply in love with. Keep hating on me, calling me name, insulting me, and calling me out. I don't have to prove myself to you.

18. JustWannaChill

Wow, a hater tried to turn the table and call someone who is working to expose him a player-only-fan. I knew you would be low enough to use a lame tactic like that. Carry on, haters like you can do no better than that. But no matter how you try to spin it an deny it, your past posts speak volume. And your praise to all the other players while you only focued on bashing Yao proves exactly my point which is that your lame agenda here is to bash one player that you hate for whatever gay reasons of your own. You have been trapped.

Alright, these are all your quotes in the last game.

Anyone with half a brain could see the pattern. Look, I admire your positive comments about all the other players. I think everyone played well in this game and they all deserved the props. However, throughout the game, you were basically waiting for the mistakes of Yao to bash. But your attitude to all the other players are very different. What are you? A hypocrite? You had like 13 comments about Yao in the game and almost all of them are negative except the last one when it was kinda conclusive that we would win the game and Yao had done well. I guess you feel obliged to make one positive comment to make yourself look less a hypocrite. You can keep lying to call other people who call you out a player-only-fan. But you cannot run away from the posts that you have already made. Too bad, huh?

Yes, as far as being a Rockets fan, you are even more fake than silicon breasts.

19. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Wow, you really need to take your name to heart.

Is this really necessary? The guy was frustrated with Yao, so what, I get frustrated with him too, but that doesn't make me a "Chuck only fan" or "Yao Hater". Heck who doesn't get frustrated with him sometimes... the guy is 7'6" at times you end up expecting him to do things he can't.

So, justwannachill, you may just wanna chill and pick a different battle

20. DaDakota

JustWannaChill.

I think you are more critical of players you expect more from, I know I am...

I am more critical of Tmac and Yao because I expect them to lead and to play their best night in and night out, I give more quarter to younger players and others who not as much is expected.

The only exception for me is Rafer, I have had it with him...lol.

DD