1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Difference Between Wafer and Head

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ikorose, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Htown57

Htown57 Member

Magette VERY light...he's only listed 15 pounds heavier than Von, but if you put them next to one another it would look like the number 10.

I'm thinking more of a Monta Ellis--the way he accelerates while going to the basket / his shooting touch reminds me of Monta. Now lets make sure no one gets him a moped for christmas. :cool:

2. redao

redao Member

Wafer will be cut.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You really think so? He might be, his contract is going to cost a lot because the Rox are over the lux tax and he is on a non-guaranteed contract.

Morey has until early January to clear the cap room or you may be right.

DD

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Shane can do all these things that you said except take his man off the dribble.
    He lacks the skill to do that.

5. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Wafer brings you an exciting, and Luther brings you a heart attack. Luther was good three year ago, but after that playoff, he just sucks, and never comes back.

6. redao

redao Member

if no big trades happen, Morey will do anything to trade Head and cut Wafer. Morey is a cold blooded GM who cut Green (drafted by himself) without any hesitation.

7. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

:rolleyes:

This isn't about +/-(which doesn't always tell the whole story). If you watched the game, you wouldn't have even realized that Wafer shot 1/9. I didn't know that until I saw the box score.

He was taking it to the rim, forcing the defense to adjust, playing good D, etc. At the very least the effort was there, and there wasn't any boneheaded plays or things to make you cringe like Luther Head so often does.

8. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

I think luther is the brad lidge of the rockets! Cursed in Houston! :D

9. ncagg42

ncagg42 Member

I am not saying Wafer is the next T-Mac, but he reminds me of a young T-Mac. How he jumps out of the roof, is great at driving the basket, and can knock down big shots. Thats why when T-Mac gets back, I think Wafer is the perfect guy to spell T-Mac. I think we should get rid of Head and Barry for they are just taking up space on the bench and get either draft picks or a backup center instead (not needed though we should just resign Mutumbo once there is room for him).

10. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

He's also a Fl. St., like our man Cassell. However, Von's defense needs to improve and show the same committment. Because we've hade enough of Head and Barry's matadore D.

11. worzel gummidge

Trading Head for 25% less salary in return and cutting Wafer might only save the Rockets around $370K. They need to cut $1.7M to get under LT.

Also getting a TE for Head isn't looking likely because Oklahoma are the only team in the league who can afford to use theirs. That likely mean they'll try to squeeze a pick out of any team looking to cut salary.

If they can't do a big trade which is needed to shed $1.7M (or more if re-signing Deke) I think they might just keep the roster as it is.

12. worzel gummidge

/\ That should be $750k instead of $370K

13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

So this is the way how Smush Parker came up in the league. 2 for 8 followed by 1 for 9 but look at the WAY he's doing it, more athletic and decisive with more size than that boring Derek Fisher.

Wafer's coming along, much better than his 1st few seasons. Need a little more substance from him other than the occassional hot game and displaying 1 athletic element a game.

Not gonna pay too much attention to the +/- for now.
    Wafer scored 6 PTs with 4 FT attempts, 4 boards 2 assists, 2 blocks and had a -12.
    Mo Evans playing the same amount of minutes scored ZERO POINTS and had nothing but 0's and 1's after that, yet he was a +4...

14. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Head is a one-dimensional player what do you expect?? I take Wafer over Head any day just because Wafer can attack the basket and dunk.

15. waihh

waihh Contributing Member

Wafer is not a rookie. He had reasons being cut by other teams. The guy just played 1 or 2 good games, plus a handful decent ones. Wait till the midpoint of the season then judge.

Wafer is playing better than Head of recent. There is no doubt about it. But he can play himself out of the roster pretty fast if he can not knock down his open shot.

Consider this, Head probably will be swapped for someone of equal or less talent, highly likely in this season. If Head is free agent, he will be signed by someone at 1-2 million/year. Wafer will still have difficult in finding a guranteed contract.

All in all, Wafer still need to prove himself.

16. waihh

waihh Contributing Member

You mentioned everything he did right, but if he continues to miss his shot, he's gone. It is simple like that.
    Remember Mike Harris? and I even forgot the name of the other guy in the preseason. They probably can do better than Wafer if you are not talking about shooting. Where are they?

17. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Because he was playing with the second unit the didn't do well, Brook, and Hayes.

We went up when Yao came in along with Artest, Battier and Rafer and they when back to feed Yao download.

18. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

why not both head and wafers :D

19. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Barry shouldn't have never been signed. He was something the rox needed. Wafer may not be the perfect guy, but he is the type of guy. Young,quick,atheletic, attacks the rim. Barry and head would be better on teams where they have enough good atheletes already vs a team that really needs some.

20. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

Wafer is also a major liability on defense, at least so far. That said, so is Head, so Wafer is still better.