1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When was the moment you realized you hated Luther Head?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mlwoo, Dec 10, 2008.

?

When was it?

1. 06-07 playoffs

30.8%
  2. 07-08 playoffs

42.3%
  3. When he got his neck tatt this offseason

5.5%
  4. The first 21 games of this season

3.0%
  5. Other (please explain)

18.4%
  1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Dumb thread. If you're gonna make a poll like that, make a selection for 'I dont hate him.'

3. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

This thread just reminds me of a commercial Yao took with Dwade and Charles .

'Eat the HEAD' :D

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Bill Worrell said your mom enjoys Head very much!

signed, v3.0

anyway, Luther might be a nice guy but he sucks at basketball.

He is so one dimensional. He can shoot the rock, but when he's clanking he is worthless. Never try to take it to the rack, and Never, ever put the ball on the floor, and Never Ever Ever force feed an entry pass to Chuck ****ing Hayes.

5. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

He does run the pick and roll with Yao quite nicely.

6. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Until he shoots or dribbles or passes.

7. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Sorry But I don't hate Luther Head. Is it time to cut ties? Yes, But I by far don't hate Luther Head. He's a better shooter than Rafer, but lacks the skills to fit well with team. Under JVG, yes played well. Not with R.A.'s system.

8. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

This thread is so not Worrellified...

...Luther has peaked as a player, what you see is what you get. The guy had all the tools to be a good rotational player but never improved his weaknesses, which most are just basic basketball 101 fundamentals that can be corrected, except his height. What a shame.

Actually, he would be better off being with a strict coach with a stringent system in place, he mentioned before that he loved playing for JVG. Some guys respond better to a hardass with a my way or the highway attitude.

9. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Exactly. From draft day I was unhappy that JVG et al selected him when they could have had a number of other players, including Monta Ellis, David Lee, Johan Petro, Linas Kleiza, Brandon Bass, C.J. Miles, Ronny Turiaf or Amir Johnson. In the interest of fairness, my choice at #24 that year, Chris Taft, is no longer in the NBA.

Nevertheless, I don't -- can't -- hate Luther the person or Luther the Rocket. He is what he is, and his selection was not his doing. He won a number of games for us, and I thank him for that.

10. redao

redao Member

generally speaking, I think hating is some kind of mental defect or illness especially when you are hating something you don't know or has nothing related to you.

why hate Head?

He is the 12th guy on the team. He is not playing 30 minutes a game or asking for playing time or complaining for not starting.he does not even deserve the hate. He gave his 100% when being called. He is not soft, faking injuries, demanding big money or whatsoever. He CAN have the least basketball skills while getting his DNPs. He does not hurt the team if you put him on the bench forever. yeah, Les paid him. that's Les' problem. He might have a reason to hate him, but why you?

The moment I saw many hatred toward Head, I knew Rockets have some of most classless fans like in this thread.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed + 1

12. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

I didnt hate him until a moron like you started a poll this stupid. Now Im so tired of hearing idiots like you, b**** about a end of the bench player who makes nothing by NBA standards that I dislike Luther cuz I have to read crap like this.

13. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Don't hate him, but I'm disappointed in his lack of growth as an NBA player. He could always shoot, but he has to be able to do something else, and he's had plenty of time to figure that out, but he still hasn't. So that means, he is what he is. Some players can get away with that, but not many.

14. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I don't hate Luther. The guy tries hard and hustles.

However, he is useless unless spot shooting, and is useless at that in the playoffs. I just expect a turnover when he starts dribbling and running

My answer would be the Utah series two years ago when he shrunk like Costanza in cold water

15. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

agreed.

(and I think Luther would be a fine player if someone would show him how to play like Steve Kerr did..)

16. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Cosigned, hate a guy like Marbury who doesn't produce a thing and makes 21M in the NBA thread. Not a guy like Luther who is a role player does not even make MLE money who has always acted professionally.

17. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

Middle of last season during the Boston game in January. We came back from a big deficit to take the lead in the 4th, then Head comes in the game during the final minutes and everything went downhill.

I was already pissed after the 07 playoffs because he shot under 30% in a series where opening up the floor was vital. He was a 44% 3pt shooter that season. T-Mac had to take another bashing once again while Lebron had Boobie Gibson come out of nowhere to step up and knock down huge shots.

18. mlwoo

You guys are so silly.

Hating Luther is fun.

19. mlwoo

So you started hating him after I started this poll. I'm flattered I had such and effect on your feelings!

20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Yeah he doesn't play as big a role in our postseason failure as guys logging more minutes, but imagine if we'd had an average backup SG those two series against Utah, or even Wafer. T-Mac wouldn't have played 40 minutes and been run into the ground in the '08 playoffs that's for sure.

People that make the distinction between "hate hate" and "annoy/dislike hate" are just being ludicrous. This is a freaking message board people, I can say that I hate lawyers, that I hate slow drivers on the road, and that I hate Luther Head without any qualms whatsoever nor intimations that I would literally hope that they go to Hell.