1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ron Artest: All Heart, All Courage, All Warier!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kingk0ng, Dec 9, 2008.

Tags:
  1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Because it isn't going to be....they're not turning their team over to Flip Murray and Speedy Claxton to run point guard for the sake of getting a backup to Joe Johnson...who, unlike McGrady, is not constantly injured.

2. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

What if we trade Alston for Kevin Garnett while we are at it?

If Artest had that much value he would've gone for more in a trade in the offseason. The only teams that will want to bite on Artest are the types like Dallas, Phoenix, etc that aren't going to want to give us key pieces.

Although he'll have value this coming offseason because he won't be an expiring anymore and won't be a risk to leave the team.

3. tsunami

tsunami Member

if ppl talk something tirelessly, they must have a reason to do so...

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

let me guess...because those ppl talking about something tirelessly are tiresome?

It's like the ppl who talk about themselves or otherwise control all the conversation in social settings. they just don't get it.

what?

5. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Bibby blows. I don't understand how Artest < Bibby. That little washed-up SG has one good game in every 5 he plays. At this point, the man is not that much better than Alston.

6. tsunami

tsunami Member

obviously your guess was wrong. Try guess again.

7. Rox-Champion

Rox-Champion Member

Ron, a real man.

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Artest is putting it all on the line

but according to dada, he doesn't fit and should trade him for Mike Miller :rolleyes:

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

this isn't a guessing game. If you have something to say, then say it. otherwise, i'm wasting my time.

10. Lovemachine2000

Right now, we definitely need Artest more than we need Bibby.

As much as I love Battier, I would trade him before I trade Artest. I always liked his game, but now he is one of my top two favorite players in the league.

11. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

Ron didn't say "It's on me."

12. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I didn't realize that it was still 2007.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Use him as an example...there are plenty of better than average PGs that we could target...Hinrich for example.

DD

14. lxnew2000

lxnew2000 Member

Respect, respect, repect and glad he is on our team. play hurt maybe has sth to do with being in a contract yr? just wondering.

15. riverage

riverage Member

true man, Ron! we love you!

16. SamFisher

If you're willing to saddle yourself with Hinrich's contract you'd better be confident that he will arrest a career that has stagnated for the last few years And you also better have a backup to Tracy because Battier isn't it. (and if you say the Rockets can simply plug in Von Wafer and not lose much....and I have a sneaking suspicion that this is the line of argument you will gravitate towards, it being a classic DaDakota move....yeah :rolleyes: ).

You might be willing to bet $40 million dollars on that but I'd be surprised if anybody else was.

#56 SamFisher, Dec 10, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  17. DaDakota

No, I realize it is a gamble to rely on Tmac, but I take the position that we have 2 years left, let's see if we can get lucky and keep him relatively healthy.

There is not much else you can do, he is what he is, and we are saddled with his contract, the team built the hand, might as well play it out.

DD

18. MYM[Moon

MYM[Moon Member

there are several times Ron saved us in 4th quarter by far! He the key is!

19. SamFisher

That's absurd. We already know he's damaged goods so let's just get rid of his only true replacement, hope for the best even though things have only gotten progressively worse over time and don't promise to get any better, and saddle ourselves with another question mark with a big salary and a long term deal.

Sorry but you're not making much of a case here. You need to get a PG who can not only be a substantial upgrade over what we have but one who can make up for Tracy on the 50% of nights that he's not there. There are only a few players like that in the league (kirk hinrich is not one of them) and they aren't going to be traded for Ron Artest + Luther Head.

20. DaDakota

I don't agree with you about Tmac being done, I think he is still great, but is clearly not someone you can 100% count on....that being said....since you rolled the dice with him you should play it out.

Artest, Tmac and Battier don't fit on the court that well....and if you can upgrade your weakest position you do it.

Oh well, we disagree, big shocker.

DD