1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did yao get a whistle for this foul?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iku, Dec 10, 2008.

Tags:
  1. iku

iku Member

i didn't watch the game, but check out this photo. i don't think the defender was going for the ball....
    [​IMG]

2. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

if officiated properly, yao should get 20ft a night...honestly.

3. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

yes, a foul was called. Late whistle, no technical.

4. tsunami

tsunami Member

and damn that Hawks' guy looked so innocent in his eyes lol.

5. ibm

ibm Member

this pic looks wierd. a lot of hawks standing around, yet yao is the lone rocket in the pic.

seriously, yao should start to hand out some bruises instead of just being on the receiving end. even fran of chronicle said that.

6. mrfirefly7

mrfirefly7 Member

"What....? I am just going for the ball..."

7. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

Yao should average at least 12ft per game......and that's assuming they call 30% of the fouls on him.

8. TracyMcGreat

TracyMcGreat Member

i don't understand why he doesn't get the calls.

9. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

The NBA does a real poor job of officiating the true centers like Yao Ming. They allow so mucH BS wrestling go on inside, and then when someone falls down(usually the defender who is losing the battle) no matter what they blow their whistle.

Then on the other end of the court, if a guard dribbles in to the paint, if he just jumps into the center guarding the basket and creates any sort of contact, they call it a foul.

It really is annoying to me that everyone demand perfection from the players, but the refs can continue to make the same mistakes without anyone calling them out on it. I'm sure they watch tape and they see the mistakes they make, but they continue to make them.

I'm not going to lie, there have been some calls in favor of Yao that shouldnt have been made. Its really the lack of consistancy that I don't understand. If a ref establishes what is a foul early in the game, and they stick with it, I can understand that. This typically isnt the case however and it leaves players wondering what is a foul and what isn't. If its a foul for one player, then it should be a foul for every player on the court. Typically the sammler defenders give Yao problems and part of the reason for this is because theyre allowed to be alot more physical than Yao is allowed to be on them. They can beat him and slap his wrists until they're bright red, but the minute Yao gives them a shot back, the refs will make a call. If a guy cant guard Yao without fouling him, it is what it is. Im all for making the game fair but you already have the three second rule in place and now you allow teams to pack the paint and play zone defense. That's more than enough to make it fair.

10. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

If I am not mistaken, Yao did throw an elbow towards Zaza(?) afterwards and the foul was called.

11. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

Dont know about that but, I do know that Yao got whistled for a gay ass offensive foul on that flopping Pachulia (sp?) late in the fourth

12. happyricky

happyricky Contributing Member

I remember that one which is a typical Yao-Cant-Fight-back call.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I really wish Yao would fall on top of those guys knees first....and whisper in their ear as they are writhing in pain....."Next time, I use elbows too"...

DD

14. Boykins

Boykins Member

i think...he is for Yao's lovely neck.... ;)

15. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Can we let Yao get a neck massage. pls.